If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

My Plex shows my server was last active a month ago, yet it is online

savantalisavantali Posts: 73Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have been trying to figure out an issue with the MyPlex web site, and my server. The website is reporting that my server was last active Febuary 3rd, however, I am on it right now and logged in, and it is functioning as it should. So when I try to pull up the server on my phone, unfortunately, it isn't pulling any media up because (I assume) it thinks it is offline. I checked the details on the MyPlex web site, and everything it is reporting is correct (Correct IP and Port Number). So I guess my question is, what would cause it to report that it is offline or not sharing/showing any media?

To clarify, I am not logged into it via the LAN Network, I am logging into it via a WAN interface using the my domain as the website.

Best Answer

• jmcgeejrjmcgeejr Posts: 3,029Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    Accepted Answer
    savantali wrote on March 16 2014, 5:52 PM: »

I have been trying to figure out an issue with the MyPlex web site, and my server. The website is reporting that my server was last active Febuary 3rd, however, I am on it right now and logged in, and it is functioning as it should. So when I try to pull up the server on my phone, unfortunately, it isn't pulling any media up because (I assume) it thinks it is offline. I checked the details on the MyPlex web site, and everything it is reporting is correct (Correct IP and Port Number). So I guess my question is, what would cause it to report that it is offline or not sharing/showing any media?

To clarify, I am not logged into it via the LAN Network, I am logging into it via a WAN interface using the my domain as the website.

Click on settings in your server and then go to the myplex section, check to see if it's signed in, if it's not sign it in and if it's signed in, sign out and sign back in.  

Answers

• jmcgeejrjmcgeejr Posts: 3,029Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    Accepted Answer
    savantali wrote on March 16 2014, 5:52 PM: »

Click on settings in your server and then go to the myplex section, check to see if it's signed in, if it's not sign it in and if it's signed in, sign out and sign back in.  

• savantalisavantali Posts: 73Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 2014
    Monsieur Latte wrote on March 16 2014, 6:46 PM: »

I am signed in. So I went ahead and signed out, but unfortunately, I now cannot sign back in on the server. It just sits there with the animated icon spinning, and then eventually presents the "Sign In" box again.

The server also wasn't connected, but since I use a different port for my server, I clicked the Advanced Settings, specified the manual port and clicked connect. Again, it just sits there.

Software version:

ii  plexmediaserver                      0.9.8.18.290-11b7fdd                          Plex Media Server for Linux

Edit: I see the most recent version is

ii  plexmediaserver                      0.9.9.7.429-f80a8d6                           Plex Media Server for Linux

Which I just upgraded to.

It seems to have finally logged in, and it is reporting as online and the last seen is the current time.

Thanks for your help.

• DickyDckDickyDck Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

hello, rather than start a new thread I figured I'd ask on this one. I am having the same issue. My PLEX server is running on a QNAP NAS, it is up and running and I've logged out and in. I have a Surface laptop, which I am trying to sync some movies to, but everytime I check the device in sync status, it says it hasn't seen it in 4 months. I have also logged out and back in on the client device and no change. both server and player have been updated to the latest versions.