If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Queue API

Is there any information on the new Plex queue functionality?   Does a user need a myPlex account to use it, or can they use it without being logged into myPlex?

Particularly I'm looking for information on how to add, reorder, retrieve, and remove items from the queue.

Comments

• atrusatrus Posts: 11,094Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    kingargyle wrote on March 17 2014, 12:55 PM: »

Is there any information on the new Plex queue functionality?   Does a user need a myPlex account to use it, or can they use it without being logged into myPlex?

Particularly I'm looking for information on how to add, reorder, retrieve, and remove items from the queue.

Do you mean if a remote user needs to be logged in to myPlex to use it? Yes. But the remote user do not need a Plexpass though. I am not sure if the server owner needs a Plexpass though. Can't remember.
     Mac mini 2,3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 (With Fusion drive) (PM score: 7347)  Panasonic VT50 (55 inch)  Pioneer VSX-2021 Receiver  Norco 24-bay NAS (CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240v2 3,4GHz, PM score: 9300) 
    New to Plex/Nine? Watch my screencast video (slightly out-dated nowadays, but still informative for new users)
    Want to know how to handle subtitles? Watch my subtitle screencast video (out-dated, but still informative), and this One Minute Subtitle Addendum screencast
    Always attach log files if you are reporting an issue: Log file info & location
    Get Plex guides here: Howto name your files NAS guide Troubleshooting Plex Support Page
  • kingargylekingargyle Posts: 568Members ✭✭
    atrus wrote on March 17 2014, 1:43 PM: »

Do you mean if a remote user needs to be logged in to myPlex to use it? Yes. But the remote user do not need a Plexpass though. I am not sure if the server owner needs a Plexpass though. Can't remember.

No, I'm just looking at a local user.  No remote users.   I might have to wade through the Plex Home Theater or Roku code when the necessary functionality is added to those clients unless there is already existing documentation around the new Rest API for this.

kingargyle wrote on March 17 2014, 7:51 PM: »

No, I'm just looking at a local user.  No remote users.   I might have to wade through the Plex Home Theater or Roku code when the necessary functionality is added to those clients unless there is already existing documentation around the new Rest API for this.

Today one can only use the new /web interface by logging in to plex.tv. When the WebBundle is updated to the one that is used on Plex.tv I assume it will work just fine without an account.

 Mac mini 2,3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 (With Fusion drive) (PM score: 7347)  Panasonic VT50 (55 inch)  Pioneer VSX-2021 Receiver  Norco 24-bay NAS (CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240v2 3,4GHz, PM score: 9300) 
    New to Plex/Nine? Watch my screencast video (slightly out-dated nowadays, but still informative for new users)
    Want to know how to handle subtitles? Watch my subtitle screencast video (out-dated, but still informative), and this One Minute Subtitle Addendum screencast
    Get Plex guides here: Howto name your files NAS guide Troubleshooting Plex Support Page
  • kingargylekingargyle Posts: 568Members ✭✭

I wasn't really looking at using the Web interface, but more the REST API used to manage and retrieve the Queue.  For now, I take it that hasn't been documented, and I'll have to wait until Plex Home Theater or the Roku client support it to see what needs to be done.

edited March 2014
    kingargyle wrote on March 18 2014, 5:04 PM: »

I wasn't really looking at using the Web interface, but more the REST API used to manage and retrieve the Queue.  For now, I take it that hasn't been documented, and I'll have to wait until Plex Home Theater or the Roku client support it to see what needs to be done.

That is correct. Only the web interface support it today. It will of course trickle down to other clients "soonish" and then some more info can be found  :)

• intel352intel352 Posts: 153Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

So how does one enable the queue? I'm a plexpass subscriber, I've checked plex.tv/web, and yet I find no way to add Plex tv shows or movies to my "Queue".

If I visit the Queue from plex.tv/web menu (right-side dropdown from top of page), I see it's empty. There is a ? mark, if I click, I get instructions on using the Queue bookmarklet.

The bookmarklet does not work on plex.tv/web (to add media from my existing library).

I also see no queue-type functionality in my libraries.

My server is updated to latest release (0.9.9.7 at moment).

Why is it so damned hard finding out how to use new "functionality" in Plex? I swear, everything seems so ass backwards here... Announcements are made, but no true details given. Make posts in the subscribers forum? No response from employees... It's ridiculous :-\

intel352 wrote on March 19 2014, 7:58 PM: »

So how does one enable the queue? I'm a plexpass subscriber, I've checked plex.tv/web, and yet I find no way to add Plex tv shows or movies to my "Queue".

If I visit the Queue from plex.tv/web menu (right-side dropdown from top of page), I see it's empty. There is a ? mark, if I click, I get instructions on using the Queue bookmarklet.

The bookmarklet does not work on plex.tv/web (to add media from my existing library).

I also see no queue-type functionality in my libraries.

My server is updated to latest release (0.9.9.7 at moment).

Why is it so damned hard finding out how to use new "functionality" in Plex? I swear, everything seems so ass backwards here... Announcements are made, but no true details given. Make posts in the subscribers forum? No response from employees... It's ridiculous :-\

Sounds like you haven't read the announcement: https://blog.plex.tv/2014/03/13/chromecast-free-everyone-great-new-features-ios/

Music only for now.