Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REL] Trakt.tv

fuzemanfuzeman Members, Plex Pass Posts: 551 Plex Pass
edited February 16 in Plex Channel Plugins
Trakt.tv (for Plex) - github, wiki
v1.3.2 - 16/02/2017 2:48 p.m. NZDT

image image image image

image image image image

trakt (for Plex) is a plugin for Plex Media Server to synchronize watched history, ratings, playback progress and lists to your Trakt.tv profile.

Key Features
  • Automatically track every TV show and movie you watch
  • Upload watched history, ratings and playback progress to your Trakt.tv profile
  • Synchronize data between supported applications (Kodi, MediaPortal, Emby, Infuse)
  • Link all your Plex users to individual Trakt.tv profiles
See https://trakt.tv/vip for an overview of other features available on the Trakt.tv website.

Navigation
Install FAQ Settings Support KB Issues Credits
fuzeman

trakt (for Plex) Developer
flattr - bitcoin - paypal

trakt (for Netflix)

Comments

• fuzemanfuzeman Members, Plex Pass Posts: 551 Plex Pass
    edited February 16

v1.3.2 (Stable)

v1.3.2 - Release Notes (v1.3.2)

Added
     - Collection audio codec mapping for `dolby_digital_plus` (eac3) (#412)

Changed
     - Trakt.tv API endpoint has been changed to "api.trakt.tv"
     - Updated AniDB mapper to prefer TMDb identifiers

Libraries
     - Updated croniter (v0.3.14)
     - Updated ipaddress (v1.0.18)
     - Updated oem-format-msgpack (OpenEntityMap/oem-format-msgpack@9598d85)
     - Updated pyasn1 (v0.2.2)
     - Updated plex.py (fuzeman/plex.py@4eceec5)
     - Updated plex.activity.py (fuzeman/plex.activity.py@57d1051)
     - Updated PySocks (v1.6.6)
     - Updated trakt.py (v2.13.0)

v1.3.1 - Release Notes (v1.3.1)

Changed
     - Improved database exception wrappers so that connection errors are caught correctly
     - `ActionManager` processing thread is now ended if there is any critical plugin errors
     - Removed "Unsupported guid: None" warnings

Fixed
     - `AttributeError` in the sync manager when `QueueError` has been raised
     - "Connection aborted" error with SOCKS 5 proxies (#212)

Libraries
     - Updated requests (fuzeman/requests@4cb8c7ad250617ef139b21eadc53432e92b83282)

v1.3.0 - Release Notes (v1.3.0)

Added
     - Support for more windows timezones (America/Tijuana, Asia/Barnaul, Pacific/Chatham, Pacific/Easter...)
     - Message will now be displayed if no compatible native libraries could be found
     - Advanced configuration parameters for trakt.py (#383)

Changed
     - Plugin database will now be reset if unknown migrations have been applied
     - Improved OpenSSL library tests

Fixed
     - `ValueError` raised while attempting to parse invalid DateTimeField values
     - `AssertionError` raised during Plex Media Server requests (possible fix)

Libraries
     - Updated peewee_migrate (fuzeman/peewee_migrate@2f2b030b4aa287315067f8574292c51b43b9fe09)
     - Updated plex.py (fuzeman/plex.py@424823b33d054c1a08a26b3f5c9c0d927215e307)
     - Updated plex.database.py (fuzeman/plex.database.py@227cf386029a67ace1f6dd10c13adaff57354501)
     - Updated trakt.py (fuzeman/trakt.py@b41cb537b9ccf61aa1b6af741d46070bdfd27dbd)
     - Updated tzlocal (fuzeman/tzlocal@f729f2fdedc9283032c020ae7aa26f29d1b6e37a)

Download

The latest universal distribution can be downloaded from trakt_for_plex-1.3.2-1399686.zip, smaller platform-specific distributions are available on the release page here. Read the instructions here for steps on how to install plugin.

Configuration

The settings dialog at Channels -> Trakt.tv -> Settings (in Plex/Web) can only be used to setup a Trakt.tv account for the owner of the server. Additional users can be configured by the server owner with the configuration web-app at http://trakt-for-plex.github.io/configuration.

Frequently asked questions

• Is the configuration web-app safe to use? - Yes, the configuration web-app is built as an entirely client-side website. Private data is sent directly to Plex Media Server, with no intermediate servers used for communication or storage.
    • Can the settings dialog in Plex/Web still be used? - Yes, the configuration web-app is only required to setup additional users. Settings between the two configuration methods are synchronized, so you can switch between them at any time.

Donations

This is a community project which I dedicate a lot of time to, please consider donating to support the future development of new features and improvements. :)

fuzeman

trakt (for Netflix)
  • MichielMichiel Plex Ninja Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 870 Plex Ninja

Great and amazing job! Thanks to you fuzeman!

• liiightliiight Members, Plex Pass Posts: 449 Plex Pass
    This is great news, I love this plug in!
    Unfortunately, I don't seem to get the update via the unsupported app store. Is it live yet?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  • lock571lock571 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 324 Plex Pass
    edited March 2014

First, how do you check what version of of a plugin you're using? I've noticed the plugin is not syncing everything. I checked the logs, and it looks like it only synced my movies and two of my shows (Archer and True Detective). For instance, there is currently an episode of Community that won't correctly update with the watched status. I've attached a log.

• Benni-chanBenni-chan Members, Plex Pass Posts: 201 Plex Pass

nice job!

@liiight: i had to find the app in the appstore and click on update. it wasn't listed under updated apps.

@lockdown571: the channel has an about section with the version number. if you don't have an about section, you have an older version :)

• liiightliiight Members, Plex Pass Posts: 449 Plex Pass

I think i found a bug. Using 0.8.1.1-master i chose to push a specific section to trakt. Got a pop up message that the push is in progress but when i returned to the sync view it shows that i used the "push all" button and not the specific section one...

• Siavash1Siavash1 Members Posts: 45 ✭✭

Thank you for the new update,

It still says "Error: Authentication Failed", although I'm definitely sure that the username/password are correct.

The credentials are there in the settings menu, but they do not appear in the .xml file. I can manually add the username/password in the xml file while PMS is shut down, but if I change the settings via web interface after starting the PMS they disappear. Even when I manually add the credentials in the preferences file, the error is still there. Is there anything else to try?

• deanzeldeanzel Members, Plex Pass Posts: 36 Plex Pass

Excellent. I've been loving the beta plug-in for a while and it's great to see a stable version at last. Keep up the great work.

lockdown571 wrote on March 19 2014, 2:35 PM: »

First, how do you check what version of of a plugin you're using? I've noticed the plugin is not syncing everything. I checked the logs, and it looks like it only synced my movies and two of my shows (Archer and True Detective). For instance, there is currently an episode of Community that won't correctly update with the watched status. I've attached a log.

Ok, now I've updated to the latest version (8.1.1-master). It still doesn't seem to update all my TV shows.

• BreezytmBreezytm Members, Plex Pass Posts: 974 Plex Pass
    edited March 2014

Great update. 

Still looking forward to automatic bidirectional sync. 

Keep up the good work buddy. 

liiight wrote on March 19 2014, 2:49 PM: »

I think i found a bug. Using 0.8.1.1-master i chose to push a specific section to trakt. Got a pop up message that the push is in progress but when i returned to the sync view it shows that i used the "push all" button and not the specific section one...

I'll look into this later today, it might just be a bug in how that status is displayed.

Siavash1 wrote on March 19 2014, 3:02 PM: »

Thank you for the new update,

It still says "Error: Authentication Failed", although I'm definitely sure that the username/password are correct.

The credentials are there in the settings menu, but they do not appear in the .xml file. I can manually add the username/password in the xml file while PMS is shut down, but if I change the settings via web interface after starting the PMS they disappear. Even when I manually add the credentials in the preferences file, the error is still there. Is there anything else to try?

Could you send me your latest plugin log file, I've made some changes to give more

details in the log file over what's happening with authentication errors.

It's hard to know why your username/password would be disappearing from the XML file

and the interface, this is all handled by plex itself but it does seem to have some issues..

lockdown571 wrote on March 19 2014, 3:26 PM: »

Ok, now I've updated to the latest version (8.1.1-master). It still doesn't seem to update all my TV shows.

Wonder if this is a result of having a private profile? I'll look into this and see if this could

be causing the problem..

Also, which metadata agents are you using? you could be having issues if you are using

agents that aren't supported.

fuzeman

trakt (for Netflix)
    What do you mean by a private profile? Also, I'm using the xbmc nfo reporter as my metadata agent, so maybe that's the issue.
    lockdown571 wrote on March 20 2014, 3:20 AM: »

What do you mean by a private profile? Also, I'm using the xbmc nfo reporter as my metadata agent, so maybe that's the issue.

This option in trakt (Settings -> Account):

EfYxEgR.png

This just means the plugin has to send authorized requests to fetch your data, I thought

this was supported but maybe there is a bug in it.

Could you link me to the metadata agent you are using? there is an XBMC agent supported

but maybe this isn't the one you are using.

fuzeman

trakt (for Netflix)

Thanks for the info! I'm nearly positive I'm using this XBMC agent: https://forums.plex.tv/topic/38402-metadata-agents-for-exported-xbmc-library/

If not this one, which XBMC agent is supported?

• Siavash1Siavash1 Members Posts: 45 ✭✭
    fuzeman wrote on March 20 2014, 12:07 AM: »

Could you send me your latest plugin log file, I've made some changes to give more

details in the log file over what's happening with authentication errors.

It's hard to know why your username/password would be disappearing from the XML file

and the interface, this is all handled by plex itself but it does seem to have some issues..

Here's the log file.

[attachment=27849:com.plexapp.plugins.trakttv.log]

I tried to do all the actions that seem to cause the problem (editing the xml file, saving through the web interface, syncing, etc.) during this log.

Thanks.

lockdown571 wrote on March 20 2014, 3:40 AM: »

Thanks for the info! I'm nearly positive I'm using this XBMC agent: https://forums.plex.tv/topic/38402-metadata-agents-for-exported-xbmc-library/

Yeah, that agent is supported.

Have some time now, so will be looking at this issue now.

Siavash1 wrote on March 20 2014, 5:45 AM: »

Here's the log file.

attachicon.gifcom.plexapp.plugins.trakttv.log

I tried to do all the actions that seem to cause the problem (editing the xml file, saving through the web interface, syncing, etc.) during this log.

Thanks.

The log file shows this:

Exception loading user preferences from /var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Preferences/com.plexapp.plugins.trakttv.xml (most recent call last):
      File "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/Framework.bundle/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/Framework/code/preferences.py", line 168, in _load_user_file
        prefs_xml = self._core.data.xml.from_string(prefs_xml_str)
      File "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/Framework.bundle/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/Framework/components/data.py", line 161, in from_string
        return etree.fromstring(markup)
      File "lxml.etree.pyx", line 2743, in lxml.etree.fromstring (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:52665)
      File "parser.pxi", line 1573, in lxml.etree._parseMemoryDocument (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:79932)
      File "parser.pxi", line 1452, in lxml.etree._parseDoc (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:78774)
      File "parser.pxi", line 960, in lxml.etree._BaseParser._parseDoc (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:75389)
      File "parser.pxi", line 564, in lxml.etree._ParserContext._handleParseResultDoc (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:71739)
      File "parser.pxi", line 645, in lxml.etree._handleParseResult (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:72614)
      File "parser.pxi", line 585, in lxml.etree._raiseParseError (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:71955)
    XMLSyntaxError: Opening and ending tag mismatch: password line 13 and PluginPreferences, line 16, column 21

Looks like the preferences file isn't valid so the plugin is failing to receive any username and password.

fuzeman

trakt (for Netflix)
    lockdown571 wrote on March 20 2014, 3:40 AM: »

Private trakt profiles are supported, so the issue must be somewhere else..

Could you provide a 'tvshow.nfo' file from your collection, looking at the metadata agent I can

see a possible case that would cause the scrobbler to fail but will need to confirm this.

Something else what would help is the file at

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-in Support\Data\com.plexapp.plugins.trakttv\DataItems\last_library.show.plex.json

This contains all the shows in your library discovered by the plugin and will help to identify any

matching issues, you can PM me this if you don't want it public.

fuzeman

trakt (for Netflix)
    edited March 2014

Let me know if you need anything else! Btw, plex forums wouldn't let me upload an nfo file, so I changed the extension to txt. I've also made sure I updated the NFO importer to the latest version.

edited March 2014

I've attached an additional trakttv log. The difference with this one is that my trakt account is set to public. Maybe that's helpful.

lockdown571 wrote on March 21 2014, 12:43 PM: »

Let me know if you need anything else! Btw, plex forums wouldn't let me upload an nfo file, so I changed the extension to txt. I've also made sure I updated the NFO importer to the latest version.

Good news, I've found the issue and it should be fixable.

Problem is your media in Plex has IMDB identifiers instead of the expected TVDB identifiers.

This means the plugin fails to match your plex library correctly with data from trakt as it's

trying to compare entirely different identifiers .

Will try get support for this into the plugin tomorrow.

fuzeman

trakt (for Netflix)