If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Permanent audio mute icon

A_3_Headed_MonkeyA_3_Headed_Monkey Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
Hi Guys,

My Rasplex has permanently on screen an 'audio muted' icon. It doesn't seem to affect the audio (ie. audio works fine over HDMI), and I've looked through every setting to see if there some audio mute setting somewhere activated. If I muted and unmute via the playback controls, the icon still remains at the top of the screen. It is not the TV mute. I have changed the skin and it still appears. It is always on screen through all menus and video playback. It does not appear on my other plex clients - only the Rasplex. Running current firmware.

It's not a major issue, as everything still seems to work fine - however if I could get rid of it it would be even better.

Any ideas?

Comments

• simtrasimtra Posts: 30Members ✭✭

I don't know if you had a keyboard hooked up to your Pi, but have you tried pressing "F8"  That is the key used in XBMC to mute the system and it shows that icon on the screen.

• LongChairLongChair Plex Dev Team Posts: 669Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

can anyone reproduce this one ? 

Plex Dev Team

• A_3_Headed_MonkeyA_3_Headed_Monkey Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks Simtra - I thought about that after I posted. And then tried to find a keyboard in the house. I found one wireless keyboard with no receiver, one receiver with no keyboard (different to the other one), A PS-2 Keyboard which I tried with a USB adapter but no luck..... just wasn't meant to be.....

I'll 'borrow' a keyboard from work today and try it - I suspect you may be right.....

• elwood65elwood65 Posts: 1Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

f8 worked