Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

REQUEST - Plex Client for Humax STB

Hi,

Here in the UK,  Humax are popular STB's used to access either Freeview ( DVB-T / DVB-T2) or Freesat ( DVB-S2) channels, with integrated add ons for all of the On-Demand content available from channels featured on Freeview/ Freesat.

Humax have a " App Market" ( https://www.myhumax.net/AppMarket) which features a limited range of apps which can be installed on the STB's. I believe they are HTML5 based, and if I remember correctly the Plex for Samsung app uses a HTML5 based browser to act as a Plex client.

Would this be a possible route to bring Plex to Humax?! It would be a very popular feature as Humax boxes are popular here in the UK, and also have very good review's!

Alex

Comments

• Crystalgipsy01Crystalgipsy01 Posts: 58 Plex Pass

I Second this. Would be great to see one. Did you solve the dts transcoding issues? 

• greeeny101greeeny101 Posts: 308 Plex Pass
    Which humax box are you using.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  • alxscottalxscott Posts: 44 Plex Pass
    I couldn't get my Humax to play anything which was transcoded at all. Resorted to adding an AC3 track to all my new rips in addiction to the DTS track :/.

I've got the HB-1000S
  • nelmarnelmar Posts: 2 Plex Pass

I'm using an HDR-Fox T2. The DLNA server occasionally throws a "file format not supported" so an official app would be awesome!

• donfizzledonfizzle Posts: 3 Plex Pass

I am about to purchase the new Humax 4Tune. Between Plex and the slingbox style features of the Humax unit this covers pretty much every TV and entertainment eventuality I can think of!! I would love to see Plex on Humax. This would truly be a one box solution!

Out of interest what are the DTS issues that people have mentioned above when transcoding?

• rik derrisrik derris Posts: 8 Plex Pass

This would be an awesome addition to the line up - it's so much easier to have one system to play all content rather than haveing to switch out for different apps

• MattiaConfalonieriMattiaConfalonieri Posts: 21 Plex Pass

1 Up

• dazzypdazzyp Posts: 16 Plex Pass

Plus 1 from me!

For the WAF i'm looking for an all one box that can be a DVR for UK Tv as well as a plex client, to replace my aging Windows Media Centre and PHT setup.

• pdelbianpdelbian Posts: 1 Plex Pass

+1 from me!

• PMorrisPMorris Posts: 12 Plex Pass

1+ from me please

• martinbainesmartinbaines Posts: 3 Plex Pass

+1 from me too