Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Change Rasplex Splash screen in PHT For RPi

surya_1-2-3-surya_1-2-3- Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi All,
I am Using this rasplex .img file

cleardot.gif

After i downloaded and installed properly.It is working very fine.But i need some modification

i.e While booting RPi there are two splash screens 1st one is (Plex Home Theater Openelec) and 2nd is (Rasplex now loading) splash screens are there.I changed 1st splash screen but 2nd splash screen is still appearing....can we replace with another image or not? smile.pngPlease replay me anyone.....

Thanks in Advance....

Comments

• ravirworldravirworld Posts: 1

How did you changed the first one??

• dlanordlanor Posts: 2,215 Plex Pass

There are two obvious ways of doing it.
    One is to recompile the project from scratch with replaced image files.
    The other is to mount the already built filesystem images for replacing their internal files.
    Neither is recommended for novices as the result is likely to be broken.

The purpose of having different splash screens like this is partly to give proper credits to both OpenELEC and RasPlex crews, but also to provide some feedback on the boot progress.

Needless to say: (Though I will anyway ;) )
    Removal of credits from a freeware project is extremely unethical...

Best regards: dlanor

• benjaminwolfbenjaminwolf Posts: 973 Plex Pass

I agree with @dlanor . Why would you even want to remove the splash screens?

• NedtheNerdNedtheNerd Posts: 3,742 Plex Pass

Especially when I've not seen it on a couple of my RPi's for months, they're on 24/7.

Usually people want to remove splash screens and enable an alternative to try to:

1. Fool people into thinking they have done the coding themselves, or,
    2. To be able to sell OpenSource products for commercial gain.

Regards

• pcapazzipcapazzi Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Why ask why? A big point of open source is to be able to make modifications to suit your purpose or to enhance the project and give back to the community. There's open sourced and closed source. Then there's open minded and closed minded I suppose. So you can do what you want... but don't expect guidance? Come down of your mountain...

• benjaminwolfbenjaminwolf Posts: 973 Plex Pass

@pcapazzi said:
    Why ask why? A big point of open source is to be able to make modifications to suit your purpose or to enhance the project and give back to the community. There's open sourced and closed source. Then there's open minded and closed minded I suppose. So you can do what you want... but don't expect guidance? Come down of your mountain...

What are you on about? Exactly how does removing the project logos enhance the project and give back to the community?