If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Unable to cast to Chromecast with Subtitles

prasanna.skprasanna.sk Posts: 3Members ✭✭

I am relatively new to Plex and Chromecast and only recently started using both and enjoying them.

While I am able to cast all videos, pics songs etc, I am unable to cast with with subtitles (*.srt). It was working before, but it is not now. I don't remember updating anything except may be change Anti Virus software in my Win 7 system. It was working before beautifully with subtitles and everything - but something changed somewhere and now it is not.

I am able to view the same videos with subtitles to my Android Tablet, Android mobile - but not in Chromecast.

I am hoping to get some help to resolve the same. I have restarted the server, replicated the issue and attached is the log file. Please let me know if I should include any other logs.

Can someone please help? Thanks.

• prasanna.skprasanna.sk Posts: 3Members ✭✭

I tried casting from Win7, Tablet and Mobile and I face same issue - with error message saying "Unable to cast" - This happens only if I select a subtltle and then cast.

Without subtitles, the video works fine.

Also - sometimes (randomly) - When I play the same video with subtitles in my tablet/mobile (and let's say after a couple of min of successful streaming with subtitles) - if I switch the streaming to Chromecast - the video plays well with subtitles without any issue. But, this happens once in 20times or so and I am not able to replicate it when I desire.

• prasanna.skprasanna.sk Posts: 3Members ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has a solution that I can try. Thanks in advance.

• hypno2009hypno2009 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Any solution on the way? I have sane problem, can not cast to chromecast with subtitles.
  • allanbirnbaumallanbirnbaum Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any solution? I have saved issue.