If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Camera upload merges all photos from subfolders of DCIM flattened to the target album

Frank-MichaelFrank-Michael Posts: 76Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
Camera upload takes all the photos from all the subfolders of the DCIM folder and merges them into the single target folder. That's useless for me. I expected that

1. the folder structure is preserved,
2. only the DCIM/Camera folder is uploaded, or
3. yet better, Plex let me choose the root source folder as well as I can choose the target.

Comments

• sonicdnbsonicdnb Posts: 2Members
    edited October 2014

+1 for Option 3

Would be great if you can choose the source folder by yourself or even add additional source folders with different target locations (for screenshots, instagram etc.).

• Frank-MichaelFrank-Michael Posts: 76Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 2015

Now that this issue is only a couple of days away from its first birthday, I'd like to asked again for an official comment on this. This issue has 1289 views so far and not a single Plex member expressed any opinion. Is this the wrong forum for questions like this?

• beaker010beaker010 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Is there any update on this? I too am having the same issue.

• oviziiovizii Posts: 40Members ✭✭

Any statement? Its currently pretty useless without any way to change what folders get synced.