We will be performing plex.tv database server maintenance starting 22:00 Pacific Time on Wednesday, June 28 (05:00 GMT, June 29). It is expected to last ~1.5 hours. See http://status.plex.tv/incidents/c1t6djj5vq9r
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Best cancelled TV shows

aeonxaeonx Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,325 Plex Ninja
What are some of the best TV shows that got cancelled for all the wrong reasons? From the top of my head: Futurama was cancelled about 3 times, Family Guy was cancelled 2 times but is in production again... Sometimes it's hard to understand studio decisions.

Comments

• SambaDromeSambaDrome Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,730 Plex Pass

Deadwood. :(

• dane22dane22 Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 9,897 Plex Ninja
    edited May 2014

Last Resort & Terra Nova & FlashForward are almost on top here....

The Top one are all 3 variants of the StarGate series

• paolomarinopaolomarino Members, Plex Pass Posts: 30 Plex Pass

Firefly  :angry:

• sander1sander1 Channel Developer/Admin Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 3,596 Plex Ninja

Twin Peaks

• astrofisherastrofisher Plex Dwarf Star Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5,470 Plex Pass

Sports Night

• Smooth918Smooth918 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 20 Plex Pass
  • zdhodgeszdhodges Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

The Unit

• Jammy BJammy B Jammy by name.... Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,216 Plex Pass
    Almost Human
    Intelligence
    Tomorrow People
    Revolution
    Fringe
    Whitney
    V
    Rewind [only made one episode. Was really good!]
    The Event
    Terra Nova
    FlashForward
    All the Stargates
  • T'hain Esh KelchT'hain Esh Kelch Members Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    paolomarino wrote on May 30 2014, 11:39 PM: »

Firefly  :angry:

faidwen2 wrote on May 31 2014, 12:14 AM: »

:angry: FIREFLY :angry:

Firefly.

• aeonxaeonx Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,325 Plex Ninja

Huh... Firefly must be good. I'll check it out.

edited June 2014

I'm not a fan of Joss Whedon, but that show looks promising. The style reminds me of Cowboys and Aliens.

Heck, I'll watch it... even if it's just one season. Because I loved Cowboys and AliensB)

• techmattrtechmattr Members, Plex Pass Posts: 234 Plex Pass

Firefly.

Drive.

edited April 8

I'm liking Firefly so far. It's like dirty sci-fi, with lots of handheld camerawork that lends the unpolished CGI a bit of realism.

But the hero shoots a horse in the first episode... really? Maybe that's the reason it got cancelled...

• tehgeektehgeek Members, Plex Pass Posts: 15 Plex Pass
    æonx wrote on June 27 2014, 10:42 PM: »

I'm liking Firefly so far. It's like dirty sci-fi, with lots of handheld camerawork that lends the unpolished CGI a bit of realism.

But the hero shoots a horse in the first episode... really?  :blink: Maybe that's the reason it got cancelled...

And why, if everything is down and dirty, does the main cast always have perfect hair and make up?

Firefly is one of the best shows to ever get the axe, but make sure you watch them in their real order and not how FOX showed them (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_(TV_series)#Broadcast_history). (big part for it being cancelled I'm sure)  :(

tehgeek wrote on June 27 2014, 11:22 PM: »

Firefly is one of the best shows to ever get the axe, but make sure you watch them in their real order and not how FOX showed them (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_(TV_series)#Broadcast_history). (big part for it being cancelled I'm sure)  :(

What is the intended order?

• tehgeektehgeek Members, Plex Pass Posts: 15 Plex Pass
    æonx wrote on June 28 2014, 1:08 PM: »

What is the intended order?

The order in the wiki linked.  ;) You can see by the air dates what kind of crazy order FOX did when showing them for the first time.

I have also seen fans suggest this order as this is their "number order" :unsure: :

Serenity (Pilot) 
    The Train Job 
    Bushwacked 
    Shindig 
    Safe 
    Our Mrs. Reynolds 
    Jaynestown 
    Out Of Gas 
    Ariel 
    War Stories 
    Heart of Gold 
    Objects in Space 
    Trash 
    The Message

edited June 2014

You can also use the DVD order plugin and choose it for the Firefly series which will sort and play them in the correct order.

vhzsuoF.png

Dop8ZPy.jpg

@tehgeek you have the last 4 episodes out of order in your post. Unless that is the "numbered order" you mean? I'm not really sure what the numbered order is.

The order in my screen shot is the DVD order which is the order Joss intended it to be viewed.

• T'hain Esh KelchT'hain Esh Kelch Members Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

Indeed, the correct order is:

Serenity (parts 1 & 2)
    The Train Job
    Bushwhacked
    Shindig
    Safe
    Our Mrs. Reynolds
    Jaynestown
    Out of Gas
    Ariel
    War Stories
    Trash
    The Message
    Heart of Gold
    Objects in Space

For those that haven't seen Drive.... it's another FOX series by Tim Minear (co-producer of Firefly) with Nathan Fillion as a lead. It was cut after 6 episodes right as character development was being established. Only 4 episodes ever aired. So dissapointing. It was a FOX marketing / air time failure.