If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Serenity for Android 1.7.4b

kingargylekingargyle Posts: 568Members ✭✭

Just pushed to the Google Play store as well as Amazon App Store (that should hit in a few days).  This is primarily a bug fix, and contains the ability for the MENU key to bring up the HUD/OSD when playing a video with the internal player on the Fire TV.  It should work as well on any device with a MENU key on the remote control.

Let me know of any issues.

Comments

• Wolfie02Wolfie02 Posts: 25Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Good Morning,

I purchased this app from the Amazon Store and installed it on my Samsung S3 SCH-I535 (shows as compatible on Amazon), but after the install when I try to run it I get the following error.

Unfortunately, Serenity for Android has stopped.

I tried uninstalling and re-install with the same results any suggestions?

Thanks

• kingargylekingargyle Posts: 568Members ✭✭
    Troy12 wrote on June 25 2014, 3:24 PM: »

Good Morning,

I purchased this app from the Amazon Store and installed it on my Samsung S3 SCH-I535 (shows as compatible on Amazon), but after the install when I try to run it I get the following error.

Unfortunately, Serenity for Android has stopped.

I tried uninstalling and re-install with the same results any suggestions?

Thanks

It isn't compatible with Phones.  I keep fighting with Amazon on this.   It is why in the description I put that it is designed for Tablets, Kindle Fire, and Android TV devices (Fire TV).   Request a refund from Amazon, and let them know you contacted me.

• Wolfie02Wolfie02 Posts: 25Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

No I don't want a refund I actually purchased for the Fire TV, but since it said it was compatible I thought I would give it a try. When I checked the Play Store it told me it was not compatible with my phone not a big deal to me. I just want to make sure I was not missing something.

Thanks for your response.

• kingargylekingargyle Posts: 568Members ✭✭

Okay. I do plan on making it work with a phone.  But not real time frame for it.

• dlanordlanor Posts: 2,215Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    You may be interested to know that I've just installed 'Serenity-1.7.4-M3' on a 'Banana Pi' running Android 4.2.
    When used together with MXPlayer, Serenity is now the BEST media player available for the 'Banana Pi'.
    (It needs MXPlayer to gain sufficient CODEC support, as the native support is quite limited.)

The official Plex for Android client doesn't work well at all on this platform,
    as it has no fitting media profile, and the new transcoder is completely incompatible.

Best regards: dlanor