Serenity for Android 1.8.0 in development
Just wanted to drop a note that 1.8.x is under development right now. This is primarily getting things cleaned up for some future re-design work and support for Android TV. The biggest change is that instead of emulating an actionbar, I'm moving the app to use the built in actionbar, along with the DrawerLayout pattern.
For most users, you won't notice a whole lot of difference in functionality, but for Amazon Fire TV users you may notice some differences. In fact, I'm going to need some people with Amazon Fire TVs to test out the new design before I release it to the Amazon App store. I'm hoping that I don't have to do too many changes to make it work on the Amazon Fire TV, but since I don't have a device to test with, I need some volunteers to test.
Some of the upcoming changes:
1. Move to DrawerLayout pattern.
2. Embedded Category, Sub Category, Subtitle Selection, etc into the ActionBar.
3. Transparent Action Bar for the full screen look and feel.
4. Better integration on tablets.
5. Progress bars are now in the action bar and don't block the screen or UI.
I hope to have M1 out before the weekend is out, keep any eye on the forum for more info.