If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Hide library from deck

WernightWernight Posts: 28Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've some sections that I'd rather not show on the deck (and even would like to password protect). I've organized them in another Library but there is no option to avoid an entire library from showing it's partially un/watched videos on the deck.

Hello World!

Comments

• dane22dane22 Posts: 10,404Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Edit the section, and remove the checkmark under adv. saying: "include in dashboard"

/T

I hate bugs - Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
    Join me in developing: epg-dk, str2utf-8, remidx, ExportTools, WebTools
    Support the Samsung Client:Donate
    Guides I use: Media Naming Guide, Local subtitles, Log-Files, QNAP FAQ, The Plex Dance

NO Support via PM, unless called by me

• bradmanzbradmanz Posts: 20Members
    Yeah, we all have that issue. I go to pull up Finding Nemo for the nephew and all of the sudden we're finding out what Busty Bimbos from Titty City is... cause on screen Is a slideshow of filth and a reflection of my shame and loneliness.

You can stop it from doing that in the web interface and the iOS app. Maybe you can in the Plex Home Theater maybe... I dunno. I disable all the dashboard on deck and recently added blah blah and somehow it manages to end up doing a damn full screen slideshow of things I don't want to show, quite frankly. I'm a guy. I've got less than wholesome content on my server, I confess. I'm fine by it, I just don't want the first thing on my screen to be a fanned out selection of things I didn't want my whole family to see during thanksgiving dinner.

I know the solution. Get rid of it and the problem goes away... and so does my need for Plex considering 90% of my media is sickness.

They need to make a fork in the code and name it PleXXX, and it doesn't display content so proudly, it's able to just calm down and keep the skeletons in my hard drive instead of beshaming me in a slick move that I told it not to do! Damn thing.
  • ConVasConVas Posts: 1,826Members, Plex Pass, TunerTester Plex Pass
    aspiration wrote on July 16 2014, 6:59 AM: »

Yeah, we all have that issue. I go to pull up Finding Nemo for the nephew and all of the sudden we're finding out what Busty Bimbos from Titty City is... cause on screen Is a slideshow of filth and a reflection of my shame and loneliness.

You can stop it from doing that in the web interface and the iOS app. Maybe you can in the Plex Home Theater maybe... I dunno. I disable all the dashboard on deck and recently added blah blah and somehow it manages to end up doing a damn full screen slideshow of things I don't want to show, quite frankly. I'm a guy. I've got less than wholesome content on my server, I confess. I'm fine by it, I just don't want the first thing on my screen to be a fanned out selection of things I didn't want my whole family to see during thanksgiving dinner.

I know the solution. Get rid of it and the problem goes away... and so does my need for Plex considering 90% of my media is sickness.

They need to make a fork in the code and name it PleXXX, and it doesn't display content so proudly, it's able to just calm down and keep the skeletons in my hard drive instead of beshaming me in a slick move that I told it not to do! Damn thing.

Have you tried dane22's solution ? should fix it for you.

• bradmanzbradmanz Posts: 20Members
    Yes I always disable that. I was mainly joking but in some rare cases it will still show like on the Apple TV / Plex Connect. No big deal.
  • dmyers886dmyers886 Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    aspiration wrote on July 16 2014, 6:59 AM: »

This made my night =) I feel your pain...

More reasons why Plex needs user profiles with passwords. Plex works pretty damn smoothly. Whatever the issues it has can probably wait a week .. User accounts should be a priority. Especially now with the price of PlexPass increasing.

• WernightWernight Posts: 28Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Taking the "nephew" case (above), having a password on your account does not help. You would still have Busty Bimbos in the recently added home page which you're looking for Finding Nemo.

What would help is a preferably a password protected list (asking for another or same password again each time), never showing recently added videos on your home screen.

Hello World!

• WernightWernight Posts: 28Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Taking the "nephew" case (above), having a password on your account does not help. You would still have Busty Bimbos in the recently added home page which you're looking for Finding Nemo.

What would help is a preferably a password protected list (asking for another or same password again each time), never showing recently added videos on your home screen.

Hello World!

• newcombntnewcombnt Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The issue I found is that if a Photo library is unchecked for "include in dashboard", it will still show up in the Recently Added "slideshow". The photos don't show on the dashboard thumbnails, nor if you open "Recently Added Photos"; but if you actually open one of those images and start paging through, it will show photos from excluded libraries. If you have a user that doesn't have access to that library, it will have blank placeholders with the name, but "Unable to load photo".

Discovered because I have libraries like aspiration, and they are excluded from the dashboard. I had my admin account logged into my computer, my wife saw some Christmas photos on the "recently added", and opened them up from there and started paging through. After the Christmas set, she paged into one of the "excluded" photosets. She's aware of them and cool with it, but she was surprised and we had a good laugh; but I was a bit concerned because they shouldn't show up there. I tested it with my "general" user, which doesn't have access to those libraries, and they don't load, but the filename and metadata is there.

Example pictures from general user, if this was admin user, the only difference is the grey images are displayed.