Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Change playback speed on photo slideshow

fortwhytefortwhyte Members Posts: 1

Is there anyway to customize the photo playback speed when sending a photo slideshow to the chromecast? It's defaulted to about 5 seconds and I'd like to slow it down a bit.

Comments

• TPlex11TPlex11 Members Posts: 3 ✭✭

Me too.  The default speed is too fast for me and there doesn't seem to be a way to change it.

• RGCCRGCC Members Posts: 3 ✭✭

Agreed.  I'm trying to change the playback speed as well, I've got a chrome cast set up to display photos on my tv and I'd love to have the playback speed set to 10 or 15 seconds.

• t_revst_revs Members Posts: 1

Yeah that would be great. Along with being able to zoom to a true full size screen no matter what the res of the original pic is. I bet there is an xml file somewhere.. if not WHY NOT... 

• RGCCRGCC Members Posts: 3 ✭✭

Not a perfect fix but I found that each photo displays for 5 seconds so if you want to see your photo for 10 or 15 seconds you can put additional copies of the photo in the album for an additional 5 seconds.  The transitions between photos are pretty seamless so you can't really tell it's not the same photo being displayed.  Again not a perfect fix but until you're able to actually choose the display time this has worked pretty well for my needs.

• TherealgoblinTherealgoblin Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

So is there actually no possibility to change the slideshow speed?

I am really disappointed here, because it seems that Plex offers features which are nice to have, but are not very user friendly or rathe convenient.

The Photo and also the Music App are not as good as I hoped, they are always lagging and it is just no fun to use.

Although I don't want to use different apps, I just have to, because the Plex functionality is not enough here.

I hope this will be changed and made editable soon.

I really think there should be overall more ways to configure things, maybe in special configuration XML's.

• smounchesmounche Members, Plex Pass Posts: 208 Plex Pass

any update on this issue ?

• Magyar_81Magyar_81 Members Posts: 4 ✭✭

Any solution?
    Plex is almost perfect for my needs. Randomized slideshow of all of my pictures with subfolders from NAS directly to Chromecast (without going through mobile app). Except this. How come such an elementary function is missing???

• danmayer@gmail.comdanmayer@gmail.com Members Posts: 2

Agreed this is extremely basic slideshow feature, really need a way to do this as it is the only thing missing from really good slideshow setup

• gr0x0rdgr0x0rd Members Posts: 1

Just googled this because my wife was complaining. No solution? W.T.F.Plex. I get a lot of stem in my face to upgrade to a PlexPass for more features, why would I consider that if this feature- going back to July 2014- hasn't been considered yet?...

• mLgz0rnmLgz0rn Members Posts: 1

I also really need this, can't believe this is not possible.
    We are using plex with a chromecast on my work to run different slideshows, and the transition between images is just way too fast.
    So a option to change the seconds each image is shown would be great.

• jbeck.wvujbeck.wvu Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Surely this setting is coming in a VERY SOON to be released update.

• tyswebmailtyswebmail Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Plex needs better photo slideshow abilities. Time settings. Photo backdrop. I dont want it blurry all the time on the side of my photos.

• TheOriginalCavemanTheOriginalCaveman Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1

Ditto. This is a basic feature of any good slideshow. Transitions and zoom features would be nice too. FastStone Image Viewer might be a good example to emulate it's features.

• fab263fab263 Members Posts: 1

Any update on this issue ? Transitions between images is just too fast.
    Time setting parameter would be appreciated...

• Jade_RaevynJade_Raevyn Members Posts: 1

I would really like to see this feature added too. Also would be nice if Plex read and displayed the images the same way windows does---everything is out of order on Plex, but is perfectly fine in Windows and other related slideshow programs. I understand the picture viewer is very secondary to the video capabilities of the application, but these are pretty basic and simple additions. Please at least consider updating the slideshow to include basic, modern functionality and inter-compatibility. Thanks!

• DHHJDHHJ Members Posts: 2

Come on Plex! This has been a real bone of contention. Add some settings/options to the slide show and EXIF tags properly!
    Does anyone even read these comments?

• DuskerDusker Members, Plex Pass Posts: 12 Plex Pass

+1 I also can't believe there is no setting to change this... Such a basic function. :/

• BlazeflackBlazeflack Members Posts: 1

Going to +1 this as well, I would really like an option to control the slide speed.

• ToddHardiekToddHardiek Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1

Has the been fixed yet? Are there really no setting within the slideshow feature? Timing, Transitions, etc?

• Picknroll6Picknroll6 Members Posts: 4 ✭✭

Anybody hear anything yet on this?