If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Feedback and Suggestions: Plex Black Edition

Comments

• andresanemicandresanemic Posts: 10Members ✭✭

It looks fantastic man, keep doing it. I love your skin, I wanted to give Plex a new look and you just nailed it. By the way, the low list looks nice and I'm using it now.

But I want to give you some feedback, if you don't mind, and I promise that I'll do it because I think the skin would be more awesome. First, I think that the sidebar in the Home Menu (where you go to Movies, Music, etc) could be bigger, because some titles, like "Documentaries", it can't be seen all inmediatly. It's something stupid maybe but I think it could be nicer. The second advice is when you are just going to see something, like a movie, the screen when you press play doesn't have any details. You could add a smooth color on the sidebar, maybe with transparency, and again I believe it would be nicer.

The last one, when you're seeing something and press O to see at which hour the video will finish, that font has a grey color, and sometimes it's difficult to see the hour, because of the video. If you change the grey for white I think there are more possibilites to read it.

And that's it. Thank you very much for your work and keep doing it :D. Greetings from Chile.

• SaschaSascha Posts: 45Members

OMG, this is awesome! Keep up the good work... _O_

• zombianzombian Posts: 343Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    looking good. glad to have one more great looking usable skin

A lie can get half way across the world before the truth even gets its shoes on.

• sonicblue83sonicblue83 Posts: 418Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I still love your low list!! I just have one little thing which would be great if you could add it. :) Inside a season of a TV show it would be great if the list says which episode number it is (so far i have the open the preplay screen to see the episode number).
    sonicblue83 wrote on September 1 2014, 9:01 PM: »

I still love your low list!! I just have one little thing which would be great if you could add it. :) Inside a season of a TV show it would be great if the list says which episode number it is (so far i have the open the preplay screen to see the episode number).

Totally agree!

• DeadEyeFlintDeadEyeFlint Posts: 308Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    andresanemic wrote on August 31 2014, 7:38 AM: »

It looks fantastic man, keep doing it. I love your skin, I wanted to give Plex a new look and you just nailed it. By the way, the low list looks nice and I'm using it now.

But I want to give you some feedback, if you don't mind, and I promise that I'll do it because I think the skin would be more awesome. First, I think that the sidebar in the Home Menu (where you go to Movies, Music, etc) could be bigger, because some titles, like "Documentaries", it can't be seen all inmediatly. It's something stupid maybe but I think it could be nicer. The second advice is when you are just going to see something, like a movie, the screen when you press play doesn't have any details. You could add a smooth color on the sidebar, maybe with transparency, and again I believe it would be nicer.

The last one, when you're seeing something and press O to see at which hour the video will finish, that font has a grey color, and sometimes it's difficult to see the hour, because of the video. If you change the grey for white I think there are more possibilites to read it.

And that's it. Thank you very much for your work and keep doing it :D. Greetings from Chile.

Hi,

in the new Version i've posted today, there is an option in skinsetting to activate a bigger HomeMenu.

To show the Movie infos when you play a Movie, press F6 (default button for infos).

Finishtime in seekbar (button "o") is also brighter in the new version.

sonicblue83 wrote on September 1 2014, 9:01 PM: »

I fixed that in the latest Version.

• DadrepusDadrepus Posts: 368Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Looks really nice. Please continue with all the improvements.

PMS- Mac Mini 2.53
    Clients- AppleTV 1, Roku 3/2, Mac Mini, Amazon Stick , Tivo-Premiere(3)
    Storage- 12TB external WD.

• maxyuecymaxyuecy Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

One word....Wow!!! This is turning out to be an excellent skin. I am loving it. Keep up the good work!!

I have a chance to play around it thoroughly and found some minor bugs. I know this can be easily fixed in the next revision.

1. Home - Photo first thumbnail image is now showing (picture below)

Pic2.jpg

2. Home - Video thumbnails are stretched. Can you do it like the original Plex skin?

3. The font you are currently using does not display other foreign languages. I have change them back to default Plexfont and it works.

4. Preplay for Movie synopsis (or description) text does not auto-scroll

One additional request. Not sure whether this is too much to ask. When you have "Shared Content" (as in pic below), is it possible to list out the content on the Home Menu List rather than displaying them in folders?

Pic4.jpg

DaedEyeFlint wrote on September 2 2014, 10:23 AM: »

I fixed that in the latest Version.

Thank you so much! Im wtill impressed how fast you can add all our wishes!

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD
    maxyuecy wrote on September 2 2014, 1:18 PM: »

One word....Wow!!! This is turning out to be an excellent skin. I am loving it. Keep up the good work!!

I have a chance to play around it thoroughly and found some minor bugs. I know this can be easily fixed in the next revision.

1. Home - Photo first thumbnail image is now showing (picture below)

Pic2.jpg

2. Home - Video thumbnails are stretched. Can you do it like the original Plex skin?

3. The font you are currently using does not display other foreign languages. I have change them back to default Plexfont and it works.

4. Preplay for Movie synopsis (or description) text does not auto-scroll

One additional request. Not sure whether this is too much to ask. When you have "Shared Content" (as in pic below), is it possible to list out the content on the Home Menu List rather than displaying them in folders?

Pic4.jpg

hi,

the problem with home Screen Photos is solved in the latest version.

Homescreen video posters have the right dimension now.

Plot autoscroll in preplay screen is also fixed.

DaedEyeFlint wrote on September 6 2014, 8:59 AM: »

hi,

the problem with home Screen Photos is solved in the latest version.

Homescreen video posters have the right dimension now.

Plot autoscroll in preplay screen is also fixed.

Fantastic work!! Thks for all the fixes. The Homescreen for videos thumbnails still somewhat more stretched than the original plex skin. I have taken some screenshots for your comparison.

Test1.jpgTest2.jpg

And, one more thing. Most of the view types in Channels may need further tweaks.

Keep up the good work!!

Wow, thanks for work in our suggestions, the skin is wonderful. I really love how it is right now, and I'm here to say thanks and to contribute again with more suggestions. Now, with all your work, I only have one more to give.

In the screen below, the stuff like sidebar (numer 1), the poster (2) and chap. image look like they're fliying in the screen, because don't have a background. In the original Plex skin, at least the sidebar has a smooth background with transparency and it look nice, but I'm not so sure about the poster and the image.

KzDTfln.jpg

So, if you think that you can add it, maybe it look better (at least in the sidebar, you can play with the others 2). Thats it, I believe that the rest of the skin is just perfect, and I'm loving it. Thank you very much :)

maxyuecy wrote on September 7 2014, 4:04 AM: »

Fantastic work!! Thks for all the fixes. The Homescreen for videos thumbnails still somewhat more stretched than the original plex skin. I have taken some screenshots for your comparison.

Test1.jpgTest2.jpg

And, one more thing. Most of the view types in Channels may need further tweaks.

Keep up the good work!!

Hi,

both skins have excat the same aspect ratio - 2:3 !

Plex: 118 x 177px

My Skin: 124 x 186px

DaedEyeFlint wrote on September 8 2014, 8:41 AM: »

Hi,

both skins have excat the same aspect ratio - 2:3 !

Plex: 118 x 177px

My Skin: 124 x 186px

Well, I believe the original Plex skin crops the image before displaying it on the box. Here's another screenshot which very obviously shows you the stretched image on your skin vs the original skin. (Your skin on the left)

Test5.jpg Test6.jpg

Keep up the good work!!!

maxyuecy wrote on September 8 2014, 10:47 AM: »

Well, I believe the original Plex skin crops the image before displaying it on the box. Here's another screenshot which very obviously shows you the stretched image on your skin vs the original skin. (Your skin on the left)

Test5.jpg Test6.jpg

Keep up the good work!!!

ok, I have found the problem, this only happens when you use home videos...

I'll fix it

Hi,

I found a little bug. With the newest Plex Media Server when I go to recently viewed shows most of the time there is no Wallpaper in the back (using low list). When I use the official Plex skin there is a wallpaper.

• AeroZAeroZ Posts: 6Members

Awesome skin!

Is it somehow possible to remove Sleep and Shut Down options from the menu?

DaedEyeFlint wrote on September 8 2014, 12:38 PM: »

ok, I have found the problem, this only happens when you use home videos...

I'll fix it

fixed!

sonicblue83 wrote on September 10 2014, 2:22 PM: »

Hi,

I found a little bug. With the newest Plex Media Server when I go to recently viewed shows most of the time there is no Wallpaper in the back (using low list). When I use the official Plex skin there is a wallpaper.

fixed!