If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Feedback and Suggestions: Plex Black Edition

Comments

• DeadEyeFlintDeadEyeFlint Posts: 308Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    AeroZ wrote on September 10 2014, 3:39 PM: »

Awesome skin!

Is it somehow possible to remove Sleep and Shut Down options from the menu?

hi,

go to skinsettings and acitvate "Hide Sleep and Shutdown from Home menu".

• sonicblue83sonicblue83 Posts: 418Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    DaedEyeFlint wrote on September 11 2014, 11:20 AM: »

fixed!

Thank you!!
  • AeroZAeroZ Posts: 6Members
    DaedEyeFlint wrote on September 11 2014, 11:22 AM: »

hi,

go to skinsettings and acitvate "Hide Sleep and Shutdown from Home menu".

Thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • andresanemicandresanemic Posts: 10Members ✭✭
    edited September 2014

The skin is going to be legendary!

• maxyuecymaxyuecy Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    DaedEyeFlint wrote on September 11 2014, 11:20 AM: »

fixed!

Thks. This is now perfect!!!

Just one last portion. Shared Contents probably need some tweak (pic attached below).

Test7.jpg

And, one very minor stuff regarding font settings. You have added a Plex font on the settings but after selection, it did not stick and went back to default.

Keep up the good work again. This is turning out to be the perfect skin!!

maxyuecy wrote on September 14 2014, 5:03 AM: »

And, one very minor stuff regarding font settings. You have added a Plex font on the settings but after selection, it did not stick and went back to default.

hi,

plex need some time to load the font, please wait for at least 5 sec.

• phunkysaiphunkysai Posts: 1,171Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    maxyuecy wrote on September 2 2014, 1:18 PM: »

One additional request. Not sure whether this is too much to ask. When you have "Shared Content" (as in pic below), is it possible to list out the content on the Home Menu List rather than displaying them in folders?

Pic4.jpg

I have this request as well....my main client in my living room only shows "Shared Content" because I am using Plex's login feature as a primitive form of parental control...

I'm not sure if it's possible, but it'd be pretty nifty if you could pull off showing the contents of the "Shared Content" section in the main menu area....

Also, a few more notes...

- In custom sections (I have a few custom video sections), the skin doesn't allow me to change the view? I would like list view in my custom sections (such as Family Videos, etc), but I don't seem to be able to change the view.

- In the Channels section, I don't seem to be able to change the view either. I'd like List view here as well..

- In the Prefs, if I choose 'Big Menu' for the main menu, the "Shared Content" menu item still won't fit inside the main menu, and has to scroll (unlike the picture in the post above, where it seems to fit??)

- In the Prefs > System > Plex section, when you go to log in as a different user, the pin code seems to run off the screen (as if the font is too big)? I get the first two numbers and then two dots as if it can't be displayed...

Loving the skin so far....keep up the great work!

• olerocoleroc Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 2014

If you want deadeyeflint, I can host it permantly on my server. Its a 100 mbit download speed server, no limits free and will never go offline.

Just mail the file at post <mailsign> prolek < period > no

/om

edited September 2014
    oleroc wrote on September 15 2014, 10:44 PM: »

Here is a direct download link to the newest version:

http://www.prolek.no/skin.plex_black_editionHT.rar

If you want deadeyeflint, I can host it permantly on my server. Its a 100 mbit download speed server, no limits free and will never go offline.

Just mail the file at post <mailsign> prolek < period > no

/om

why do you relink my skin files to your server without asking me?

please delete the link!

• _Francesco__Francesco_ Posts: 257Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    DaedEyeFlint wrote on September 16 2014, 5:35 AM: »

why do you relink my skin files to your server without asking me?

please delete the link!

you have every right to ask him to take down the files, but can you please host those on a less annoying service? there's plenty of better options...

ilfrance wrote on September 16 2014, 8:29 AM: »

you have every right to ask him to take down the files, but can you please host those on a less annoying service? there's plenty of better options...

i've activated directdownload,

the download should start immediately...

• _Francesco__Francesco_ Posts: 257Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    DaedEyeFlint wrote on September 16 2014, 12:34 PM: »

i've activated directdownload,

the download should start immediately...

you're right, i haven't tried it for a while, now it's much better, thanks

• olerocoleroc Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Link is dead.

Sorry for trying to help, but the server you use offer 50 KB/s and is super annoying..

Just wanted to give a no hassle direct fast link.

/om

phunkysai wrote on September 15 2014, 2:19 PM: »

- In custom sections (I have a few custom video sections), the skin doesn't allow me to change the view? I would like list view in my custom sections (such as Family Videos, etc), but I don't seem to be able to change the view.

- In the Prefs, if I choose 'Big Menu' for the main menu, the "Shared Content" menu item still won't fit inside the main menu, and has to scroll (unlike the picture in the post above, where it seems to fit??)

- In the Prefs > System > Plex section, when you go to log in as a different user, the pin code seems to run off the screen (as if the font is too big)? I get the first two numbers and then two dots as if it can't be displayed...

hi, this is fixed in the new version.

phunkysai wrote on September 15 2014, 1:41 PM: »

I'm not sure if it's possible, but it'd be pretty nifty if you could pull off showing the contents of the "Shared Content" section in the main menu area....

this is not possible for the moment.

there are already forum threads regarding this feature...

DaedEyeFlint wrote on September 17 2014, 8:48 AM: »

hi, this is fixed in the new version.

Thanks, the update works perfectly....has anyone noticed the following when they access the lefthand menu in one of their libraries? (attached)

[attachment=36278:left_menu.jpg]

I access my libraries via "Shared Content" (because I use a different login in my living room) and my lefthand menus look this way (missing items). Everything displays OK in the default Plex skin....

Thanks!

edited September 2014
    phunkysai wrote on September 17 2014, 2:46 PM: »

Thanks, the update works perfectly....has anyone noticed the following when they access the lefthand menu in one of their libraries? (attached)

attachicon.gifleft_menu.jpg

I access my libraries via "Shared Content" (because I use a different login in my living room) and my lefthand menus look this way (missing items). Everything displays OK in the default Plex skin....

Thanks!

Hi,

i can not reproduce this bug...

there is also no difference in the filtercode between the Plex Skin and mine.

Did you change the default font to plex?

Shared Content - Movies:

[attachment=36326:sharedcontent_movies.jpg]

DaedEyeFlint wrote on September 19 2014, 10:39 AM: »

Hi,

i can not reproduce this bug...

there is also no difference in the filtercode between the Plex Skin and mine.

Did you change the default font to plex?

Shared Content - Movies:

attachicon.gifsharedcontent_movies.jpg

Hmmm....no, I left the font alone...

I did some more testing...if I switch to this skin, and then switch back to the Plex default skin, the same things happens, until I Quit Plex and relaunch it, and then everything displays correctly again in the Plex default skin...

But if I then switch back to this skin, the same display issue happens again, even if I Quit Plex and relaunch it...

No idea what's going on, but thanks for your response...

phunkysai wrote on September 19 2014, 12:26 PM: »

Hmmm....no, I left the font alone...

I did some more testing...if I switch to this skin, and then switch back to the Plex default skin, the same things happens, until I Quit Plex and relaunch it, and then everything displays correctly again in the Plex default skin...

But if I then switch back to this skin, the same display issue happens again, even if I Quit Plex and relaunch it...

No idea what's going on, but thanks for your response...

I have sent you a PM!