If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Feedback and Suggestions: Plex Black Edition

Comments

• NedtheNerdNedtheNerd Posts: 3,732Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Just tried this new skin, excellent work. It even works well on the Rasplex Client.

Can I suggest you ask the Plex Forum Mods to elevate this to it's own sub forum within the Skins section, shouldn't be hidden away in general as it's one of the few skins that actually work with the latest Plex HT.

Most of the other Skin have not been updated for some considerable time.

Regards

Rasplex/OpenPHT is maintained by a team of volunteers, donations are gratefully received. Why not make a donation now: rasplex.com

"Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it."
    Having used this now for a couple of days I find the contrast on the Home Screen labels Recently Added and On Deck not too good, any way to sharpen this up to make it more readable?

I have also tried the other colour schemes, but neither seem to work, any advice?

Regards

Rasplex/OpenPHT is maintained by a team of volunteers, donations are gratefully received. Why not make a donation now: rasplex.com

• DeadEyeFlintDeadEyeFlint Posts: 308Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    NedtheNerd wrote on September 20 2014, 8:17 AM: »

Having used this now for a couple of days I find the contrast on the Home Screen labels Recently Added and On Deck not too good, any way to sharpen this up to make it more readable?

I have also tried the other colour schemes, but neither seem to work, any advice?

Regards

Change the color - wait for 5 seconds, then exit settings

• Michske86Michske86 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Very weird, everything worked fine, but I grabbed the latest version since some things had been changed since I last downloaded it, so i download, overwrite my old version, and suddenly it doesn't work anymore... It only shows half of the text and lost all black backgrounds... Luckily I still had my previous download lying around, so I put it all back the way it was, and now it works again... Just thought I'd mention it, as there might be a little bug in the latest version perhaps?

All in all, awesome job, and loving loving loving this skin :)

DaedEyeFlint wrote on September 20 2014, 6:13 PM: »

Change the color - wait for 5 seconds, then exit settings

Tried that, still only get black whichever colour I select!

Regards

Michske86 wrote on September 20 2014, 7:27 PM: »

Very weird, everything worked fine, but I grabbed the latest version since some things had been changed since I last downloaded it, so i download, overwrite my old version, and suddenly it doesn't work anymore... It only shows half of the text and lost all black backgrounds... Luckily I still had my previous download lying around, so I put it all back the way it was, and now it works again... Just thought I'd mention it, as there might be a little bug in the latest version perhaps?

All in all, awesome job, and loving loving loving this skin :)

please always delete the old files first, then unzip the skin and copy to the addons folder

• aeonxaeonx Posts: 1,248Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Looks a bit messy in my opinion.

Is there any chance that you can modify the 'Carousel' view to add details as in this example http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LrLapnwZANw/UABGYQDCauI/AAAAAAAAAO0/FdgJYxj4Nsc/s1600/Screen+Shot+2012-07-13+at+12.00.19+PM.png

This is still the best skin around and I have taken the liberty of posting a mention in the Rasplex Forum.

Regards

NedtheNerd wrote on September 25 2014, 3:06 PM: »

Is there any chance that you can modify the 'Carousel' view to add details as in this example http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LrLapnwZANw/UABGYQDCauI/AAAAAAAAAO0/FdgJYxj4Nsc/s1600/Screen+Shot+2012-07-13+at+12.00.19+PM.png

This is still the best skin around and I have taken the liberty of posting a mention in the Rasplex Forum.

Regards

I've (re)added the view in the latest version.

DaedEyeFlint wrote on September 26 2014, 12:08 PM: »

I've (re)added the view in the latest version.

Many thanks.

The option to disable Home Screen Slideshows has disappeared, there doesn't seem to be any way to now turn these off.

What's new on the Homescreen, I can't spot any difference?

Regards

• GeetsPlexGeetsPlex Posts: 126Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Thank you for the excellent plugin.

A request to add an option to skip the preplay screen. I never use extras, ratings or anything of that nature and would love to have less clicks to play my media.

Cheers!
    edited September 2014
    Jeradin wrote on September 28 2014, 7:00 AM: »

Thank you for the excellent plugin.

A request to add an option to skip the preplay screen. I never use extras, ratings or anything of that nature and would love to have less clicks to play my media.

Cheers!

there is currently no option to do this, but you can delete or rename the file "PlexPreplayVideo.xml" located under "..\skin.plex_black_editionHT\720p\"

(or press "play" button)

• edenstromedenstrom Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Love the theme. Really nice edit of the original. 

There's only one feature I miss. In the original theme there's "Hide plot if unwatched". Can't find it in this theme.

Nice work, keep it up!

Cheers.

• zombianzombian Posts: 343Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    this is quickly becoming my go to skin I love how simple and clean it is. one thing I'd like to see is a view mode for movies similar to the 'no spaces' music view

A lie can get half way across the world before the truth even gets its shoes on.

• MTB25MTB25 Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello all,

Is it possible to remove the plugins menu from main menu ?

thks

AeroZ wrote on September 10 2014, 3:39 PM: »

Awesome skin!

Is it somehow possible to remove Sleep and Shut Down options from the menu?

Yes, look in the Skin Settings.

Regards

zombian wrote on October 1 2014, 12:14 AM: »

this is quickly becoming my go to skin I love how simple and clean it is. one thing I'd like to see is a view mode for movies similar to the 'no spaces' music view

I've added this in the latest version.

edenstrom wrote on September 29 2014, 11:02 PM: »

Love the theme. Really nice edit of the original. 

There's only one feature I miss. In the original theme there's "Hide plot if unwatched". Can't find it in this theme.

Nice work, keep it up!

Cheers.

I've added this in the latest version.

NedtheNerd wrote on September 26 2014, 12:36 PM: »

The option to disable Home Screen Slideshows has disappeared, there doesn't seem to be any way to now turn these off.

fixed

DaedEyeFlint wrote on October 7 2014, 6:51 AM: »

fixed

Great, this and the other fixes/additions make this one great Skin for Rasplex and Plex HT.

Regards