If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Feedback and Suggestions: Plex Black Edition

Comments

• camlanncamlann Posts: 1Members

Hi,

Wonderful skin, thanks! I'm running a slightly customised version of the default skin myself. And love the feature you have that slides the main menu away after a certain time of no input. Could you tell me how you did that? I've been poking through your code a bit but can't figure it out.

Thanks,

Cam

• Jan-NiklasJan-Niklas Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Great skin! I use it on my rasplex. Thanks for your efford  :)

• NedtheNerdNedtheNerd Posts: 3,732Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    DaedEyeFlint wrote on October 7 2014, 6:51 AM: »

fixed

One last request, is there any way to summarise the Recently Added (specifically for TV Shows) like the Plex Web app does?

Regards

Rasplex/OpenPHT is maintained by a team of volunteers, donations are gratefully received. Why not make a donation now: rasplex.com

"Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it."
  • dinkdink Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

First off many thanks for this great skin.

I am using this skin on Rasplex and I would like to change the layout of channels. If I look at my channels through Plex Web I can change the layout to List/Details/Posters, is this possible for this skin or is it a Rasplex limitation?

Many Thanks

dink wrote on October 10 2014, 9:03 AM: »

Hi,

First off many thanks for this great skin.

I am using this skin on Rasplex and I would like to change the layout of channels. If I look at my channels through Plex Web I can change the layout to List/Details/Posters, is this possible for this skin or is it a Rasplex limitation?

Many Thanks

This is not a Rasplex limitation, Rasplex is pure Plex HT for the Raspberry Pi. Are you sure you can change the layout in Plex Web, I can't - no options, not possible in Plex HT either. It a skin thing so perhaps DaedEyeFlint can make it happen.

Regards

Rasplex/OpenPHT is maintained by a team of volunteers, donations are gratefully received. Why not make a donation now: rasplex.com

Yes, if I open the Channel through the web on the far right hand side there is an icon (looks like a cube made of 9 tiny cubes) and when you click it there are three options, "Poster" "Details"  and "List". Choosing one of these changes the way the items are displayed (option only appears when a channel is selected not when it is initially listing all of your channels, so open a channel and it should be there).

Hope this makes sense

Thanks

• hexum311adhexum311ad Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass

I'm sorry if the answer to my question goes without saying but...the OP said for Windows to put in the the C:\User\Roaming\etc etc but I'm trying to install this on my RaspPlex box. If I use the directory from the OP then wont that only allow me to use the skin on my PHT machine, not the Rasp Pi?

My other thought is maybe if I put the skin folder in that location then when I go to "get more skins" on the RaspPi it'll show there as an option. Thanks anyone for the help.

PMS Primary Server 1 - Windows 8.1 Desktop
    Intel Core i7 3.5ghz / 8GB DDR3 / 512GB SSD in RAID 0 / Geforce GTX 660

PMS Private Server 2 - OSX 10.9 Macpro 1,1

2 x 3.0GHz Quad Core Intel Xeon / 13GB DDR2 / 256GB SSD / Geforce 8800 GT 512mb

Clients:

Raspberry Pi (rasplex) / Roku / Chromecast / iPad Mini / iOS phones / Win XP thin client

edited October 2014
    hexum311ad wrote on October 13 2014, 12:48 AM: »

I'm sorry if the answer to my question goes without saying but...the OP said for Windows to put in the the C:\User\Roaming\etc etc but I'm trying to install this on my RaspPlex box. If I use the directory from the OP then wont that only allow me to use the skin on my PHT machine, not the Rasp Pi?

My other thought is maybe if I put the skin folder in that location then when I go to "get more skins" on the RaspPi it'll show there as an option. Thanks anyone for the help.

Copy the unzipped skin folder to the /.plexht/addons/ folder.

Reboot your Pi after copying, otherwise you will not see the skin in Preferences.

Regards

• DeadEyeFlintDeadEyeFlint Posts: 308Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    dink wrote on October 10 2014, 1:49 PM: »

Yes, if I open the Channel through the web on the far right hand side there is an icon (looks like a cube made of 9 tiny cubes) and when you click it there are three options, "Poster" "Details"  and "List". Choosing one of these changes the way the items are displayed (option only appears when a channel is selected not when it is initially listing all of your channels, so open a channel and it should be there).

Hope this makes sense

Thanks

when a channel is selected, you can change the view (thumb/list) by pressing "right", like the plex skin does.

DaedEyeFlint wrote on October 13 2014, 9:15 AM: »

when a channel is selected, you can change the view (thumb/list) by pressing "right", like the plex skin does.

Thanks, that worked. Didn't realise it was a simple as that!

• zombianzombian Posts: 343Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 2014
    I just have to say again that this skin is fantastic. the wall view is exactly what I was looking for. Am I alone in thinking that this skin has distanced itself from the original Plex skin enough to warrant its own name?

A lie can get half way across the world before the truth even gets its shoes on.

• psykixpsykix Posts: 309Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    zombian wrote on October 13 2014, 3:49 PM: »

I just have to say again that this skin is fantastic. the wall view is exactly what I was looking for. Am I alone in thinking that this skin has distanced itself from the original Plex skin enough to warrant its own name?

I agree - I've switched to this also.

One quick question though - when an update for the skin is released, what's the best way to upgrade without losing view settings? Or will I need to redo them each time?

• zombianzombian Posts: 343Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    psykix wrote on October 13 2014, 3:51 PM: »

One quick question though - when an update for the skin is released, what's the best way to upgrade without losing view settings? Or will I need to redo them each time?

Usually when I update a skin I Dont have to reset any of my view setting. I thought those were saved in pht settings independent of the skin. although I can't remember clearly if that's the case

A lie can get half way across the world before the truth even gets its shoes on.

One other thing I'd like to be able to do is keep the slideshow but remove sections from showing (i.e. photos and home movies)

Getting picky now though!!

psykix wrote on October 13 2014, 3:51 PM: »

All skin Settings are saved in guisettings.xml on the client.

Regards

psykix wrote on October 13 2014, 4:00 PM: »

One other thing I'd like to be able to do is keep the slideshow but remove sections from showing (i.e. photos and home movies)

Getting picky now though!!

Nothing to do with skin, you can do this in Plex Web, select edit the library, advanced, uncheck include in dashboards.

Regards

NedtheNerd wrote on October 13 2014, 5:51 PM: »

Nothing to do with skin, you can do this in Plex Web, select edit the library, advanced, uncheck include in dashboards.

Regards

Excellent, thanks! I always thought it would remove the whole section!

Cheers :-)

• hexum311adhexum311ad Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass

thanks for the help from above; I now have this skin on my Rasplex and Macpro client. Love it keep up the good work

PMS Primary Server 1 - Windows 8.1 Desktop
    Intel Core i7 3.5ghz / 8GB DDR3 / 512GB SSD in RAID 0 / Geforce GTX 660

PMS Private Server 2 - OSX 10.9 Macpro 1,1

2 x 3.0GHz Quad Core Intel Xeon / 13GB DDR2 / 256GB SSD / Geforce 8800 GT 512mb

Clients:

Raspberry Pi (rasplex) / Roku / Chromecast / iPad Mini / iOS phones / Win XP thin client

• RamprasadRamprasad Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

Can you please share the URL to download the skin.

Thanks,

Ram

Ramprasad wrote on October 14 2014, 10:25 AM: »

Hi,

Can you please share the URL to download the skin.

Thanks,
    Ram

URL is on the first post!

Regards