If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Feedback and Suggestions: Plex Black Edition

Comments

• \0\0 Posts: 993Members ✭✭✭
    edited October 2014

my n1 skin atm tho thnks..

can we hide scroll bar on left, and sub 1 comma from cast (or trim empty split field ;-])

• cryptochromecryptochrome Posts: 979Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    DaedEyeFlint wrote on July 31 2014, 1:06 PM: »

If you want to try out my skin, you can download the files here:

http://goo.gl/6Pvh8h

(17/10/2014 13:00 MEZ)

For the sake of sanity, can you *please* host the download on a proper sharing site with less ads, blinking buttons and more importantly, a site that is not trying to lure me into buying a "premium" download option to not wait 30 seconds for the download to start? 

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    http://flickr.com/cryptochrome
    Twitter: @cryptochrome
  • brandenambrandenam Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

custom home background option, or even toggle default plex "haze effect" to existing slideshow then i'll try this skin a go again.

are you open to mock up design suggestions as well?

• NedtheNerdNedtheNerd Posts: 3,732Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    badaas wrote on October 30 2014, 9:06 AM: »

my n1 skin atm tho thnks..

can we hide scroll bar on left, and sub 1 comma from cast (or trim empty split field ;-])

Why on earth would you want to do that, it's a Pre-Play screen to allow you to select play options and view trailers and extras.

Keep it!

Regards

Rasplex/OpenPHT is maintained by a team of volunteers, donations are gratefully received. Why not make a donation now: rasplex.com

"Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it."
  • DeadEyeFlintDeadEyeFlint Posts: 308Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    brandenam wrote on October 30 2014, 11:53 PM: »

custom home background option, or even toggle default plex "haze effect" to existing slideshow then i'll try this skin a go again.

are you open to mock up design suggestions as well?

The first thing I've done after starting with this skin is to replace the haze effect, because i don't like it  :)

• \0\0 Posts: 993Members ✭✭✭
    NedtheNerd wrote on October 31 2014, 12:41 AM: »

Why on earth would you want to do that, it's a Pre-Play screen to allow you to select play options and view trailers and extras.

Keep it!

Regards

um, the ''scroll bar'' not the menu. open your eyes and see the long lozenge on left of ''side menu''.

it should be hidden til i select extras, imho of course... :)

edited October 2014
    badaas wrote on October 31 2014, 6:57 AM: »

um, the ''scroll bar'' not the menu. open your eyes and see the long lozenge on left of ''side menu''.

it should be hidden til i select extras, imho of course... :)

this is a bug, I'll fix it

• onekmilesbehindonekmilesbehind Posts: 107Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Just wanted to chime in and say this looks fantastic! I haven't checked out skins in a while, but glad I did; thanks!

• TheMuPPeT-NLDTheMuPPeT-NLD Posts: 1Members
    schweeb wrote on October 18 2014, 4:47 PM: »

Issue with the skin on Rasplex... the rasplex settings app (although rarely used) has some fonts that don't appear on the left side:

nng4xUDl.jpg

if got the same problem, and i have the newest version

• Arjan1105Arjan1105 Posts: 132Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 2014

Really like this skin, but i have one question though.

Is there a possibility to turn off the transparency for the On Deck and Recently Added parts in the home menu?

Right now, when i highlight movies, there is no transparency, just like the Plex default skin, but when i highlight Tv Shows, all the thumbnails are transparent, which i find a little annoying.

Can i change this so that the thumbnails aren't transparent anymore?

Also, is it possible to display the Imdb rating for movies and episodes at the homescreen as well?

I use the On Deck function a lot for tv episodes for quick navigation for quickly playing the next episode of a show, so it would be great if i could see the rating without going into the Tv Show section itself.

Arjan1105 wrote on November 9 2014, 7:26 AM: »

Really like this skin, but i have one question though.

Is there a possibility to turn off the transparency for the On Deck and Recently Added parts in the home menu?

Right now, when i highlight movies, there is no transparency, just like the Plex default skin, but when i highlight Tv Shows, all the thumbnails are transparent, which i find a little annoying.

Can i change this so that the thumbnails aren't transparent anymore?

Also, is it possible to display the Imdb rating for movies and episodes at the homescreen as well?

I use the On Deck function a lot for tv episodes for quick navigation for quickly playing the next episode of a show, so it would be great if i could see the rating without going into the Tv Show section itself.

Check out the new version, I've posted today  ;)

• NedtheNerdNedtheNerd Posts: 3,732Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    DaedEyeFlint wrote on November 10 2014, 8:03 AM: »

Brilliant, can't think of anything else that needs changing, anything you can do to optimise it for improved response (not that it isn't quick already)?

Thanks.

Rasplex/OpenPHT is maintained by a team of volunteers, donations are gratefully received. Why not make a donation now: rasplex.com

"Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it."
  • Arjan1105Arjan1105 Posts: 132Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    DaedEyeFlint wrote on November 10 2014, 8:03 AM: »

Sweet!

Good work!

• johnnyrook82johnnyrook82 Posts: 171Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 2014

Great work!  

| PMS server - ASUS Maximus Extreme V, i7-3770k Quad-Core 4.6GHz, 16GB DDR3 1600MHz, MSI GTX 970 SLI | HTPC - Intel® NUC Kit D54250WYK | Storage - Two Drobo S, 5x4TB 7200 RPM HDD | Network - Wired Gigabit LAN | Other Devices - Roku LT, iPhone 5, iPad 3 | Frontend - Onkyo 7.1 HT-R680, Samsung 46" LED
  • NikonSixNikonSix Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Can anyone help me? I have plex running off my Synology.

How do I change skins?

I couldn't find the directory where people are putting their skins in.

• lucid85lucid85 Posts: 27Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    What's the correct way to install this on OE? Which folder am I putting the rar into?
    Thanks, looks awesome, can't wait to try it out!
  • Jammy BJammy B Jammy by name.... Posts: 1,165Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    follow the guide on the first post via the rasplex link

- unrar the downloaded skin on your computer

- download and install WINSCP

- using WINSCP, login to oE PHT (user "root", password "openelec")

- navigate to /storage/.plexht/addons

- upload the complete unrared directory to this location

- reboot your oE PHT.
    Plexing for Live TV
    Okey dokey... Any good alternative to winscp I can use on my Mac that someone can recommend?
  • psykixpsykix Posts: 309Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    lucid85 wrote on November 11 2014, 2:21 PM: »

Okey dokey... Any good alternative to winscp I can use on my Mac that someone can recommend?

Just use the built in SSH from the terminal.

Yup of course. I'm mostly hopeless with terminal commands, I'll see what I can figure out.