Plex Cast - Cast online videos from your browser to your Plex Client
I have developed Plex Cast, a Google Chrome Extension for sending online content to be played on your Plex Client. Supported content include YouTube, Vimeo, DailyMotion, CollegeHumor, LiveLeak, TED and so much more!
How to use:
- Download the extension (only for Chrome right now)
- Configure your settings (right click on the icon -> options; make sure the client you want to cast to is open)
- Go to a webpage with an online video (ex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vu081NOorA)
- Click on the Plex Cast icon
- Enjoy! You can use your keyboad to control your client
-> here is a video to help you set up the extension : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W02LCeSQEAo
- Google Chrome browser
- A fully working Plex Media Server
- A fully working Plex Client (tested with PHT and Rasplex)
- Works with 100+ websites! Plex Cast uses Plex URL Services to determine wether or not it will be able to cast a video. You can find the list of compatible websites using this github repo.
- Some videos from youtube won't stream: this is related to Plex URL Services so there is not much I can do on my end.
- You will need to update your settings for every Incognito sessions you open. I am working on a fix.
- If you find this extension useful or just want to support this project, I would appreciate it if you could rate it on the Chrome Web Store page (I already got a one star rating before doing any king of advertisement, which makes me kind of sad...).
- Lastly, any feedback is greatly appreciated
- HelloHue for Plex, a Plex Channel to sync your Philips Hue lights with Plex playback