Our forum migration to Discourse will be going on starting late today June 19 to 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

iTunes crashing Plex

PlutoniusPlutonius Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited August 2014 in Plex Classic for Roku

In the Plex iTunes channel on my Roku 2 XS, I'll select a playlist and it will play one or two selections from the playlist before crashing the Plex application on my server. I'm running Plex version  0.9.9.14 under OS X version 10.9.4. The Roku is running the latest version on the PlexTest channel. What information do I need to send you so you can debug the problem and where is it located ?

Comments

• ljunkieljunkie Plex Dev Team Posts: 4,944Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    edited August 2014
    Upgrade your PMS. I believe an iTunes server related crash was fixed in 0.9.9.15 (0.9.9.16 is now available)
  • bazcbbazcb Posts: 17Validating Plex Pass
    edited August 2014

thanks

• jonsarikjonsarik Posts: 4Members
    edited August 2014
    ljunkie wrote on August 18 2014, 2:47 AM: »

Upgrade your PMS. I believe an iTunes server related crash was fixed in 0.9.9.15 (0.9.9.16 is now available)

I have the same issue, but I see neither .15 or .16 versions available as downloads.

[EDIT] Let me clarify, this is not the same issue of where selecting itunes crashes plex on the Roku. That has been fixed.  Now selecting itunes crashes my PMS, requiring a restart of the server application on my PC, and then they work fine together.

• ljunkieljunkie Plex Dev Team Posts: 4,944Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    edited September 2014

Those downloads are Plex Pass only now. https://forums.plex.tv/topic/62832-plex-media-server/

You could try downgrading the server to an earlier version until the newer releases are public.

Archives: https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/sections/200287708-Downloads-Archive

jonsarik wrote on August 18 2014, 2:28 PM: »

I have the same issue, but I see neither .15 or .16 versions available as downloads.

[EDIT] Let me clarify, this is not the same issue of where selecting itunes crashes plex on the Roku. That has been fixed. Now selecting itunes crashes my PMS, requiring a restart of the server application on my PC, and then they work fine together.

• PlutoniusPlutonius Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thank you. I'll give it a try.

The .15 and .16 versions have not been officially released but can be downloaded if you are a PlexPass member.

• elentatalo@yahoo.comelentatalo@yahoo.com Posts: 1Members

@Plutonius said:

Thank you. I'll give it a try.

I have the same iTunes crashing issue, but I see neither .15 or .16 versions available as downloads.

The .15 and .16 versions have not been officially released but can be downloaded if you are a PlexPass member.

Will try it