Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PlexConnect on ATV 7.0 GM (iOS 8.0 GM)

martadams89martadams89 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 32 Plex Pass

Has anyone tried PlexConnect on the latest ATV 7.0 GM Update that dropped last night?

I banged this on my ATV3 and now when I try to access PlexConnect, I get the following in my logs..

07:50:17 DNSServer: ***

07:50:36 XMLConverter: XML_ExpandNode - Error in cmd CUT, line 

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Martin\Documents\GitHub\PlexConnect\XMLConverter.py", line 594, in XML_ExpandNode
    res = getattr(CommandCollection, 'TREE_'+cmd)(elem, child, src, srcXML, param)
  File "C:\Users\Martin\Documents\GitHub\PlexConnect\XMLConverter.py", line 943, in TREE_CUT
    key, leftover, dfltd = self.getKey(src, srcXML, param)
  File "C:\Users\Martin\Documents\GitHub\PlexConnect\XMLConverter.py", line 751, in getKey
    res = g_ATVSettings.getSetting(self.ATV_udid, attrib[1:])
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getSetting'

07:50:36 XMLConverter: XML_ExpandNode - Error in cmd CUT, line 

File "C:\Users\Martin\Documents\GitHub\PlexConnect\XMLConverter.py", line 594, in XML_ExpandNode
    res = getattr(CommandCollection, 'TREE_'+cmd)(elem, child, src, srcXML, param)
  File "C:\Users\Martin\Documents\GitHub\PlexConnect\XMLConverter.py", line 943, in TREE_CUT
  File "C:\Users\Martin\Documents\GitHub\PlexConnect\XMLConverter.py", line 751, in getKey

07:50:36 XMLConverter: XML_ExpandLine - Error in {{URL(:/js/utils.js)}}
  File "C:\Users\Martin\Documents\GitHub\PlexConnect\XMLConverter.py", line 666, in XML_ExpandLine
    res = getattr(CommandCollection, 'ATTRIB_'+cmd)(src, srcXML, param)
  File "C:\Users\Martin\Documents\GitHub\PlexConnect\XMLConverter.py", line 1137, in ATTRIB_URL
    res = g_param  # base address to PlexConnect
KeyError: 'baseURL'

07:50:36 XMLConverter: XML_ExpandLine - Error in {{VAL($myplex_auth:0:=0| =1)}}
  File "C:\Users\Martin\Documents\GitHub\PlexConnect\XMLConverter.py", line 666, in XML_ExpandLine
  File "C:\Users\Martin\Documents\GitHub\PlexConnect\XMLConverter.py", line 998, in ATTRIB_VAL

07:50:36 XMLConverter: XML_ExpandLine - Error in {{URL(:/PMS(all)/playlists&PlexConnect=Playlists)}}
  File "C:\Users\Martin\Documents\GitHub\PlexConnect\XMLConverter.py", line 1137, in ATTRIB_URL

07:50:36 XMLConverter: XML_ExpandLine - Error in {{URL(:/PMS(owned)/library/sections)}}

07:50:36 XMLConverter: XML_ExpandLine - Error in {{URL(:/PMS(owned)/channels/all)}}

07:50:36 XMLConverter: XML_ExpandLine - Error in {{URL(:/PMS(shared)/library/sections)}}

07:50:36 XMLConverter: XML_ExpandLine - Error in {{URL(:/&PlexConnect=Settings)}}

Im using windows, and the correct version of PlexConnect (got it running on another ATV, worked perfectly before the iOS 8.0 update), done a latest update from GitHub.. 

Anyone have any ideas? Am I missing something silly?

Comments

• baabaa Members, Plex Pass, Forum Moderator Posts: 3,954 Forum Mod

Issue was noted before - for iMovie: https://forums.plex.tv/topic/113988-yosemite-and-ios-beta-3-released-no-new-apple-tv-70-beta/?p=706987

My thoughts: Apple stopped providing the UDID... still waiting for full log, though.

• tootsmcgeetootsmcgee Members, Plex Pass Posts: 256 Plex Pass

@Baa that sounds right to me.

Apple deprecated udid for mobile devices quite a while ago already. My guess is they finally got around to it for appletv.

I imagine if you "limit ad tracking" in the appletv settings, you would only get an idfv. Otherwise an idfa.

• jjrossjjross Members, Plex Pass Posts: 362 Plex Pass
    So I'm guessing we need to hold off on the upgrade?
  • martadams89martadams89 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 32 Plex Pass

Thanks all.

I did try it with the Trailers.app also, but seemed to get the same results.

I guess AppleTV 7.0 has broke PlexConnect.

Is there a fix in the works for this? Or are we "where we are" with it?

Appreciate all your help!

>> Is there a fix in the works for this? Or are we "where we are" with it?

How could there? aTV 7 is not yet available "in the wild".

baa wrote on September 11 2014, 3:09 PM: »

>> Is there a fix in the works for this? Or are we "where we are" with it?

How could there? aTV 7 is not yet available "in the wild".

True, I understand.

The GM is out and doesn't require any developer cert's tho however.

Thank you though Baa I absolutely adore PlexConnect, and have been following it since 0.1 :)

• roidyroidy Members, Plex Pass Posts: 761 Plex Pass

The GM is out and doesn't require any developer cert's tho however.

Where and how do I go about getting this?
    Not certain on the rules here... but.
    imzdl.com
    edited September 2014

That doesn't really look Apple-official, does it?

And what do they do with the UDID?

Will agree, its not official, as the updates are still "locked down" to the developer portal only.. but the IPSW's are legit, straight from the Apple Developer portal and upped to Mega or similar places.

With it being the Golden Master, you don't require your UDID registering.. however, if you wanted to test the beta's during the Beta period you can register your UDID here and they assign it against a developer account.. but with it being Golden Master, AKA the final version that will be released Next Thursday no development ID is needed.

GM's are the final versions that are released to the public, they just release them to developers a week in advanced, I believe "just in-case" there are severe bugs that need to be patched before general public release. Although, I don't think Apple have ever had to release a Golden Master 2.

The same IPSW file will drop next Thursday for world-wide public release. Personally I have used the iOS8 and ATV update on my personal (non-developer registered equipment) and it is the "proper" update.

Have to admit, it may seem a bit sketchy, just trying to help!

Again i'm not certain of the rules on this forum, so Mod please feel free to censor whatever necessary.

Thanks everyone :)

• FleshFearFleshFear Members, Plex Pass Posts: 15 Plex Pass

If its is. 

im a developer, and happy to provide some IPSW and registre some UDDID's to the developing team of plexconnect if it helps

• wahlman.jwahlman.j Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2,560 Plex Pass
    Isn't it gonna be public on the 17th anyways?
  • tomer1749tomer1749 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 853 Plex Pass

I think it's important the Baa or any developer will install it and hopefully will find a way to make it work again, before it's released to everyone and people will install and won't be able to use. It'll be very sad if this amazing software has ended ..

wahlman.j wrote on September 12 2014, 2:49 PM: »

Yes

wahlman.j wrote on September 12 2014, 2:49 PM: »

It is public on the 17th, but when the update hits, there is a very small window of 24-48Hrs (from memory) before you can downgrade from 7.0 to 6.2.

After this time then once your on 7.0 your stuck... Fortunately PlexConnect has "block updates", but not sure if this is enabled by default? 

Even so, I'm not sure how this is set up in PlexConnect and if it works with 7.0

• puncktpunckt Members, Plex Pass Posts: 36 Plex Pass
    edited September 2014
    Extcee wrote on September 12 2014, 6:22 PM: »

Fortunately PlexConnect has "block updates", but not sure if this is enabled by default? 

Even so, I'm not sure how this is set up in PlexConnect and if it works with 7.0

You can set this in the Settings.cfg and I think it is enabled by default.

It should work for 7.0 too, because it is a settings on the DNS-Server and so the Apple TV doesn't even know that there is an update to download.

But in my case this won't be a problem as it looks like the will be no 7.0 for the Apple TV 2 (I found only IPSWs for Apple TV 3).

• miapple.memiapple.me Members, Plex Pass Posts: 139 Plex Pass

Hi Guys,

I got it working on Apple TV 7.0 GM seed and Mac OS X 10.10 yosemite beta 7. I just installed the GM seed and after that the certificate via USB cable on my Apple TV 3.

For details see:

https://miapple.me/plex-plexconnect-openplex-running-apple-tv-7-0-gm-seed/

Trailers app and WSJ app is working, iMovie Theatre not.

Cheers,

Gee Are

• wahlman.jwahlman.j Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2,560 Plex Pass
    Can you still add cert via network method?
  • mariixxxmariixxx Members, Plex Pass Posts: 8

As of yesterday, I get a message saying that the apple tv 3 needs an update, should I click on it or not? I really rely on plexconnect, does it still work?

• pecinkopecinko Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,039 Plex Pass
    wahlman.j wrote on September 13 2014, 8:33 AM: »

Can you still add cert via network method?

Blog says he did not use USB.