Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Request: Movie Theme Music

blaqcloudblaqcloud Posts: 130Members ✭✭
edited September 2014 in General Discussions (Public)

I think an amazing feature that should be added to each selected movie (much like TV show), would be movie theme music or soundtrack in the background at 65%-80% volume, (not too over powering).

While doing some digging around the internet, I found an excellent source for movie soundtrack audio streams in SoundCloud playlists, or theOst.com . There are whole movie soundtracks that can be streamed for free, and would make for an excellent metadata agent for streamed theme music. 

Having the music in the background builds anticipation for a great movie, and completely brings the theather experience to plex.

Possible Sources I've found:

Sound cloud (under playlist section): Sound Cloud Api

TheOst.com: http://www.theost.com/

Lastfm (under Album section): http://www.last.fm/music/Alan+Silvestri/The+Avengers

Comments

• PlexThoseMusclesPlexThoseMuscles Posts: 25Members ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    blaqcloud wrote on September 23 2014, 8:39 PM: »

I like this idea. I mean, in general, this would be a great feature in all sorts of interfaces. Netflix, iTunes and so on. I think there might be music licensing issues though. They might have to pay for using each song. 

• blaqcloudblaqcloud Posts: 130Members ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    PlexThoseMuscles wrote on September 24 2014, 11:38 PM: »

I like this idea. I mean, in general, this would be a great feature in all sorts of interfaces. Netflix, iTunes and so on. I think there might be music licensing issues though. They might have to pay for using each song. 

I don't think there would be for Plex. In the way i'm suggesting Plex would only be streaming the soundtracks to the matched movies sourced at sound cloud. Plex would not be storing, or redistributing the music for download, but rather searching sound cloud as an agent. Akin to the Plex TV Show section, the matched movie soundtracks would automatically play in the background while at the movie synopsis screen.

• TiffyishTiffyish Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Do you mean in a similar way that DVD menus play, on Plex when you select a movie/show to show information? I think that'd be awesome. I've been slowly adding my DVDs to my media library and I miss this feature.

blaqcloud wrote on September 25 2014, 2:33 PM: »

I don't think there would be for Plex. In the way i'm suggesting Plex would only be streaming the soundtracks to the matched movies sourced at sound cloud. Plex would not be storing, or redistributing the music for download, but rather searching sound cloud as an agent. Akin to the Plex TV Show section, the matched movie soundtracks would automatically play in the background while at the movie synopsis screen.

I see. I would like to see as a feature personally. 

edited September 2014

Not to mention watching movies like Frozen you'll never get that song out your head.

blaqcloud wrote on September 25 2014, 9:32 PM: »

Not to mention watching movies like Frozen you'll never get that song out your head.

Or The Lord of The Rings. 

• BADBARRISTERBADBARRISTER Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I would like this feature also.

• BADBARRISTERBADBARRISTER Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Another way of doing this would be to allow (for movies) the option for each user to add a 30 second music clip so that we all could do the necessary .. If there is such an option already for Tv Shows I am not aware how to do it

• sniper_xsniper_x Posts: 31Members ✭✭

I too would like this.
    Frankly I was surprised when it wasn't available.

More-so now to find out now that there isn't a way for individuals to manually enable it and provide music.

I want this badly! :)

This 2017 Plex's movie section needs to be more theatrical, and grow beyond just a simple background poster.

• WoekikiWoekiki Posts: 2Members

PLEASE PLEX GUYS JUST MAKE IT ALREADY :)

• yoda715yoda715 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This needs to be done. Your competitors are already doing it, and their fan base loves it. Please plex, make it happen! :)