Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REQ] TFC - The Filipino Channel

trinitrotrinitro Members, Plex Pass Posts: 23 Plex Pass
edited October 2014 in Plex Channel Plugins

Would anyone be so kind as to provide a channel for TFC? My wife would love to be able to browse her favorite TV shows and Filipino movies without having to browse to this website or pay for it through our TV provider. 

TFC has a paywall on it, which is absolutely fine. I am not looking to get this content for free (although, free is pretty awesome) just as long as I can configure the channel to provide my user/pass. 

They provide a free trial, which hopefully is enough to get this setup. If additional paid account(s) are necessary to facilitate developing this channel, I would gladly discuss the requirements with you.

I mostly use Plex Web, or Plex for android. 

Thank you so very much in advance. Would help me cut the cord to my TV provider which charges me more for TFC than the website would charge, the website just isn't as convenient. Having it on Plex would change that.

Cheers,
TnT

Tagged:

Comments

• trinitrotrinitro Members, Plex Pass Posts: 23 Plex Pass

Going to bump this and hope for some more visibility.

I know asking for a channel specifically for a Filipino language TV station is probably an edge case for most people here, but there are a lot of Filipino people who watch TFC. I imagine it will be used by more than just myself. :)

• djsnafudjsnafu Members, Plex Pass Posts: 33 Plex Pass

This would be great for my mother in law. Cut the cord a long time ago and only have over the air and a Roku 3. Been a Plex user for a long time and it's a life saver. 

I'm sure there are more that would like to see this come to Plex. Maybe in the unsupported app store?

• trinitrotrinitro Members, Plex Pass Posts: 23 Plex Pass
    djsnafu wrote on November 23 2014, 3:49 PM: »

This would be great for my mother in law. Cut the cord a long time ago and only have over the air and a Roku 3. Been a Plex user for a long time and it's a life saver. 

I'm sure there are more that would like to see this come to Plex. Maybe in the unsupported app store?

I agree, this would be great.  I don't have any problem with this being in the unsupported app store.  

• HackitZHackitZ Members, Plex Pass Posts: 11 Plex Pass
    edited March 2015

Can't believe there has not been more support for this, has anyone found a way to add a filipino channel?

• djsnafudjsnafu Members, Plex Pass Posts: 33 Plex Pass

How about going this route?

http://plexiptvplaylist.blogspot.com/

Been trying to find a playlist for Filipino channels

• kautktokautkto Members Posts: 1

@trinitro said:
    Would anyone be so kind as to provide a channel for TFC? My wife would love to be able to browse her favorite TV shows and Filipino movies without having to browse to this website or pay for it through our TV provider. 

TFC has a paywall on it, which is absolutely fine. I am not looking to get this content for free (although, free is pretty awesome) just as long as I can configure the channel to provide my user/pass. 

They provide a free trial, which hopefully is enough to get this setup. If additional paid account(s) are necessary to facilitate developing this channel, I would gladly discuss the requirements with you.

I mostly use Plex Web, or Plex for android. 

Thank you so very much in advance. Would help me cut the cord to my TV provider which charges me more for TFC than the website would charge, the website just isn't as convenient. Having it on Plex would change that.

Cheers,
    TnT

Any luck so far? I am also keen to get TFC or some Philippine shows for my partner onto the plex server. At least ABS-CBN..

• mmss1mmss1 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 23 Plex Pass
    edited March 28

I have a home made TFC channel that we use daily. It is far from production quality but most shows and movies are working.

Please let me know if anyone wants to try it (without any warranties =] )

We use it with Plex Media Player on Mac and Raspberry Pi 3 and with the iOS client on iPhones. It is not tested on any other platform.

Please note that it requires a valid TFC.tv subscription.

Please also note that it doesn't work with PMP 1.2.3 due to a bug in the ffmpeg library used. 1.2.2 works fine though.

• babynaamawbabynaamaw Members Posts: 1

Hi mmss1 can you please provide me link please. I would love to test it myself :) . Thanks in advance.

edited April 9
  • timgonzalestimgonzales Members, Plex Pass Posts: 84 Plex Pass

Just want to say thank you so much for this! Works perfectly.

Thanks Tim!

If you don't mind, could you please post or PM me the versions and platforms you are using?

Btw, with the 1.3.0 pre-release of PMP the channels are working again so you shouldn't need to run PMP 1.2.2 anymore.
    (Only tested on Mac OSX!)

@mmss1 said:
    Thanks Tim!

If you don't mind, could you please post or PM me the versions and platforms you are using?

Btw, with the 1.3.0 pre-release of PMP the channels are working again so you shouldn't need to run PMP 1.2.2 anymore.
    (Only tested on Mac OSX!)

Was using it exclusively on my Roku 3 4200X. Though, it looks like TFC updated their website and the channel doesn't appear to work anymore. Any ideas?

via Email
    Hi Tim!

Thanks for the info.

Indeed they seem to have changed something today...

(My wife watched TFC yesterday and then it worked.)

I will start looking into this and I hope it is some minor change.

Thanks again!

Best regards,
    Magnus

Awesome, thanks so much!

• esmarqesmarq Members Posts: 21 Plex Pass

Salamat kababayan.

Walang anuman!

OK, just released a hot-fix which should work right now. TFC has done some changes and I don't know if it is temporarily or not so please report if it breaks again!

edited June 1

@mmss1 said:
    Walang anuman!

OK, just released a hot-fix which should work right now. TFC has done some changes and I don't know if it is temporarily or not so please report if it breaks again!

Will do! Thanks so much again :)

[edit] Just installed hot-fix version, everything working great on my Roku again. Maraming salamat po!

• skywiseskywise Members, Plex Pass Posts: 100 Plex Pass

@mmss1 said:
    Walang anuman!

Thanks for the quick update!
    Working great on Linux server and aTV4 client.

@skywise Thanks for the info!

I suspect that I will have to do a major rewrite quite soon since TFC have released a new iPhone app which uses a completely different API which I don't seem to be able to use so I have to scrape the info from their main web site instead.

I hope I have time to do that before they drop the server I use in the last hot-fix.

Please report any problem as soon as you find them so that I can minimise downtime!

• skywiseskywise Members, Plex Pass Posts: 100 Plex Pass

Has something happened to the web site?
    I'm getting "loading....." and then 'nothing to see here'
    Just noticed it today.