If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

OneDrive CloudSync for plex

ChambersbtapChambersbtap Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
Now that Microsoft are offering unlimited storage on their 365 office deal.

1. Will plex be enabling this as a content provider.
2. If all my content was synced to the cloud storage provider, but I then deleted the file off my local hard drive, would the online synced version also be deleted?

Comments

• BriceJ28BriceJ28 Posts: 1Members ✭✭

OneDrive needs to be added as a cloud option, if possible. It's one of the cheapest options out their as far as cloud storage options, you get the perks of Office 365 to go along with it, and it's the most easily accessible cloud option for Windows and Windows Phone users. The lack of OneDrive is the only deterrent holding me back from purchasing the lifetime package.

• sprengrsprengr Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Is this planned? Would love to see onedrive as another cloud sync provider.

• mjheijstermjheijster Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I would really love this option as well. Please implement this feature.

• yloopsyloops Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Me too I got office 365 so this would be perfect!

• ian78ian78 Posts: 238Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I'm seeing the $100 a year for office 365 5 users and 1tb storage is awesome
    I have a question though, from what I understand cloud sync isn't a replacement for your library
    What I would like to do is upload all my tv shows and movies to online storage, that way my pooled 6tb storage can be unpooled back to 12tb since I won't need backups if they are online. I want to stream my movies and shows locally from my server but have all streams remotely (by me or sharing friends ) streamed directly from the online storage and never my server to save my bandwidth
    Is this possible.
  • Mr.Robot.Mr.Robot. Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 for this too. 10TB up to unlimited when Microsoft gets around too it? Yes please! A backup storage option for free!

• lucasrrcunhalucasrrcunha Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass
    ian78 wrote on January 6 2015, 1:46 AM: »

I'm seeing the $100 a year for office 365 5 users and 1tb storage is awesome
    I have a question though, from what I understand cloud sync isn't a replacement for your library
    What I would like to do is upload all my tv shows and movies to online storage, that way my pooled 6tb storage can be unpooled back to 12tb since I won't need backups if they are online. I want to stream my movies and shows locally from my server but have all streams remotely (by me or sharing friends ) streamed directly from the online storage and never my server to save my bandwidth
    Is this possible.

I think I get what you're trying to do, but regardless of OneDrive, that should already be possible. Personally, I'm uploading all my stuff to the cloud, and sharing only cloudsync with other people. When I'm home, I use the local library, when I'm away I use cloudsync.

• noopmannoopman Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 OneDrive is a given for me too! And same as others a reason I have not purchased a pass yet!

Also another interesting option is Azure Storage which supports smooth streaming no problem and has HUGE capacity at low cost!

Is it difficult to implement this pray tell?

• pathduckpathduck Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+100!

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    Nexus 7 2013
    Samsung 42" Smart TV
    5 x Chromecast 
    1 x Nexus player
    Intel NUC+Plex HT
    Apple TV 4th.Gen.
    Windows Surface Pro 4
    PLex Server on QNAP TS-870 "ultimate" upgrade - i7 CPU 16 GB RAM. - 7x WD RED 4TB - 1x Samsung 500 GB SSD Cache

• mBx.iomBx.io Posts: 46Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 thanks to the Office 365 subscription

• DeolindoDeolindo Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

YES i have 10TB on Onedrive, and i can't use to PLEX!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

• kayakertimkayakertim Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Let me add my name.  I'll be purchasing the Plex pass lifetime if they add onedrive cloud integration. Tons of Plex users have Office 365 accounts with 1TB storage.  So much cheaper than Google drive.  Come on Plex people.  Get it done so we can give you money.

• smelniksmelnik Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have a Office 365 account with 1 TB usless with plex =(.
    This must be fixed ASAP! =)

• Primordium0457Primordium0457 Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'd like this, too! +1

• HankoriHankori Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes please add OneDrive to cloudsync.

• npw2k6npw2k6 Posts: 4Members Plex Pass

Yes please!!! I might start using plex more! lol

• luixmgluixmg Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

pelase add onedrive

• stationifystationify Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes please add onedrive ;-)

• mbc0plexlocalmbc0plexlocal Posts: 35Members ✭✭

I have just joined Plex from Emby and find it quite worrying that not one developer/admin has commented on this since it started in October 2014! that does not give me much confidence in support!

• kanylbullenkanylbullen Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Add onedrive! The Android OneDrive App now has Chromecast support and works like a charm to cast videos with, so plex needs to catch up!