We will be performing plex.tv database server maintenance starting 22:00 Pacific Time on Wednesday, June 28 (05:00 GMT, June 29). It is expected to last ~1.5 hours. See http://status.plex.tv/incidents/c1t6djj5vq9r
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Favorite: Movies with a Twist

astrofisherastrofisher Plex Dwarf StarMembers, Plex Pass Posts: 5,470 Plex Pass

I have a collection (Movies with a Twist) and was pondering which one should be #1.

As for the movie I chose - A friend told me I should watch this movie as he thought I would like it because it had a twist to it. Also, he was curious as to how long it would take me to figure it out. I watched this movie with that conversation in the back of my mind, but failed to realize the truth until the damned ring rolled out from under the chair. My immediate thought was "hey that's BS - what about when he..., or when she..., or...". Then the director took me back and showed that he hadn't been dishonest in the telling of the story - I had ASSuMEd too much while watching.

The #1 Movie with a Twist for me is "The Sixth Sense".

Comments

• aeonxaeonx Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,325 Plex Ninja

Fight Club has a cool twist in the end...

• In0cenTIn0cenT Members, Plex Pass Posts: 92 Plex Pass

Not sure if it counts as a twist: Now you see me

• astrofisherastrofisher Plex Dwarf Star Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5,470 Plex Pass
    In0cenT wrote on November 11 2014, 2:38 PM: »

Not sure if it counts as a twist: Now you see me

It's one of the movies in my collection. :)

• In0cenTIn0cenT Members, Plex Pass Posts: 92 Plex Pass

You mind sharing your collection? :D

Love that kind of movie, as you're never sure whats next.

• WilhelmStrokerWilhelmStroker Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,575 Plex Pass

The usual suspects comes to mind :)

And yeah some recommendations on other movies welcome.

• HermannHermann Members, Plex Pass Posts: 571 Plex Pass

A recent one is Coherence. Low budget but very good. Vanilla Sky and The Man From Earth come to mind, the latter being an all time favorite.

• David + BrookeDavid + Brooke Members, Plex Pass Posts: 53 Plex Pass

The Prestige would have to be my favorite

• astrofisherastrofisher Plex Dwarf Star Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5,470 Plex Pass
    bettsphoto@gmail.com wrote on December 11 2014, 2:16 AM: »

The Prestige would have to be my favorite

Yes, a very good movie and one that I don't have in my library. Thanks for mentioning it - I will be adding it to my library in the near future. :D

• miceagolmiceagol Members, Plex Pass Posts: 21 Plex Pass
    Love those movies too. Nice idea to make a collection of them. :)

Some more movies with a twist:
    - Dark City
    - Fish Tank
    - Match Point
    - Oblivion
    - Primer
  • CrispyXUKCrispyXUK Members, Plex Pass Posts: 120 Plex Pass

Minority Report

Memento

Dark City

Gone Girl

Planet of the Apes

Primer

Just saw Gone Girl - A movie with a twist, and with a very twisted character. :D

• Allan68Allan68 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 497 Plex Pass
    The movie with the best twist I have ever seen is... The Game, starring Michael Douglas. There's very little I can say about this movie without ruining it other then if you have not seen it I really recommend it. You won't regret it.

Ah yes, the Game is in my collection.

Another movie in my collection that I just recently re-watched: IDENTITY 

• aeonxaeonx Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,325 Plex Ninja

Yes, Gone Girl had a sinister twist at the end...