If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Toggling Subtitles

Maybe I'm missing it but on every other player you can turn subtitles on and off while watching a film.  With the Windows 8.1 client, I don't see a way to do this.  Is it there and I'm just missing it?

Comments

• mfeingolmfeingol Posts: 5,091Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Nope, only on pre-play page.

• slydog75slydog75 Posts: 97Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 2014

Odd, do you know if that's due to some limitation?

• mfeingolmfeingol Posts: 5,091Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Not particularly.  We've just had other priorities.

• HeciruamHeciruam Posts: 152Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am missing that function too. It gets especially annoying when I want to watch a whole season and have to go back an select the next episode just so I have the subtitles on.

But the app in general is superb. Love it on my Surface Pro 3. Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback.

One thing I'll note, btw, is that the server has some options for automatically selecting subtitles.  That may work well for you if there are patterns to when you want subs selected.

• mickburkemickburke Posts: 38Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yea, lets make restoring this a priority. It's a critical ability when you don't want to have subs on by default, but can't tell what someone is saying in a given segment; currently if you don't understand one phrase in a movie you have to stop, exit, turn on subs, start the movie again, see what it says, then stop switch subs off, and start the movie again, rather than just click a button twice as you did before this version was pushed out... It's also a hassle if things get noisier and you need them for a few minutes... or if the wife goes to bed and you need to turn it down... and any number of other occasions.

• chaosmakerchaosmaker Posts: 394Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Well maybe we should get them to prioritise fixing the bugs the app has right now first... I agree though it should be possible