If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Xbox360 App Issue

warzak0warzak0 Posts: 28Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited November 2014 in Xbox 360
**Update 11/23/2014**

OK so I found out how to delete the cache on the XBOX360 and I reinstalled the app and that helped somewhat! So... everything works EXCEPT I still cannot skip forward. I am very happy because I can live with this. I can still fast-forward just no skipping forward.

The Plex on-screen menus disappear after a few seconds which is what I'd expect AND my back button (red "B" button) works. Hopefully a simple update will fix the skip forward thing.

**Update 11/22/2014 This thread is now in the correct spot and I still nqeed assistance if anyone has ideas? Thanks!**

Please have a look at my attachment before reading this.

I have an issue where the menu items will not go away during a movie or TV show. I have tried removing the Plex app and even deleted it from my downloaded content and then re-installed to no avail. I have tried all buttons on the controller to get the menus to disappear but I noticed my red "B" button does not work. It will make the menu items flash but it seems it's function is broke.

Also I only have a "skip back" button on the on-screen menu as well; you can probably see that in the screenshot. And the triggers for skipping only work for skipping back as well, the skip forward does not work.

Thank you in advance for your input!

Comments

• adamskoogadamskoog Posts: 2,365Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Please post in the correct forum: Xbox 360 Plex Pass forum

The devs that do the 360 app don't really frequent this forum and are much less likely to see it here. You can ask to have your post moved by clicking the report button in the bottom right.

• warzak0warzak0 Posts: 28Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Oh I was pouring through the forums trying to find the correct place to post but I see where to put it now. I will move it momentarily. Thank you very very much for your advice!

• adamskoogadamskoog Posts: 2,365Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

No problem, hope you get something figured out. :)

**Update 11/23/2014**

OK so I found out how to delete the cache on the XBOX360 and that helped somewhat! So... everything works EXCEPT I still cannot skip forward. I am very happy because I can live with this. I can still fast-forward just no skipping forward.

The Plex on-screen menus disappear after a few seconds which is what I'd expect AND my back button (red "B" button) works. Hopefully a simple update will fix the skip forward thing.

• darthodartho Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 2014
    warzak0 wrote on November 23 2014, 4:35 PM: »

**Update 11/23/2014**

OK so I found out how to delete the cache on the XBOX360 and that helped somewhat! So... everything works EXCEPT I still cannot skip forward. I am very happy because I can live with this. I can still fast-forward just no skipping forward.

Was deleting the cache on the Xbox360 the solution to the on screen controls not disappearing?   I assume this is the procedure: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/system/clear-system-cache

Many thanks,
    Darren

Deleted cache - no joy with on screen controls disappearing :-(

I'm open to suggestions - thanks!

Yes, for me deleting the cache did the trick. Recall that when you read through those instructions they recommend you do it three times. I don't know why but that's what they say right above Step 1

My exact procedure was to go to settings, System, Storage, Hard Drive, Games and Apps, I then found Plex in the list then hit the Y button then hit delete so that way it deletes all three items under the Plex app. I then did the cache thing (in the link you provided) and reinstalled Plex and that's what did the trick for me. As for other suggestions hopefully someone else will have something for ya if this doesn't work.

No joy, I've tried your sequence and all combinations of deleting cache/uninstalling I can think of, but the on screen menu stays (same as image in the OP's first post ...)

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Maybe you'll have some luck with the update?

Or maybe not. I use Plex plugin on my FreeNAS server and the update broke things since FreeNAS doesn't have a new enough plugin version for this updated Xbox360 app :(

Latest update resolved this problem.  My "RasPlex" (at least the one in the family room) has now been retired in favour of the Xbox360 App!

Awesome! Glad to hear it :)