Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Allow managed users to delete content

I just created multiple managed users under my Plex account. I found out that they can no longer delete shows. Is there a permission somewhere to allow managed users to delete content?

Comments

• gsharp1963gsharp1963 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 17 Plex Pass

I would like to see this too.

• mb_mb_ Members, Plex Pass Posts: 8 Plex Pass
    +1
  • SGASheppSGAShepp Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Yes please. This is a major option missing.

• hthighwayhthighway Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 6,480 Plex Ninja

@bdaniels said:
    I found out that they can no longer delete shows.

Managed users have never had the ability to delete content

• Paul
  • m3scottm3scott Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass
    edited July 2016

Managed users have never had the ability to delete content

This needs to be an option.

If my wife wants to delete her shows that no one else will watch, I should be able to let her account have this privilege. We were sharing my account, but we watch some of the same shows so my unwatched episodes then get marked as watched.

• colp25colp25 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

I agree, this would be a great feature to add!

• royfraroyfra Members, Plex Pass Posts: 45 Plex Pass

we need that with Plex DVR. thanks for considering

• joehatescoffeejoehatescoffee Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 Plex Pass

+1 request

• jcramosjcramos Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

+1 request too

• cersostvcersostv Members, Plex Pass Posts: 48 Plex Pass

+1 one on this... it's actually a show stopper for me. I don't want to manage her library

• a2litera2liter Members, Plex Pass Posts: 34 Plex Pass
    edited January 2017

+1 Please add option for managed users to be able to delete. I agree with m3scott about wanting my wife to be able to delete her own shows.

• MolsonFLMolsonFL Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

+1 please. Same here. Wife has no need for an actual Plex account. I'm left having to delete the shows that only she watches.

Thank you

• joecojoeco Members, Plex Pass Posts: 17 Plex Pass

+1 from me too

• WAYFLIXWAYFLIX Members, Plex Pass Posts: 393 Plex Pass

Please Add this. +1

PMS: 2013 i7 iMac, OSX 10.13.X

Storage: Drobo 5D DAS via Thunderbolt.

Connection: DOCSIS 3.1 1000/35, Internal Network 1GBs wired, 802.11ac wireless.

• bille2021bille2021 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

+1 Hopping on board. We need this to be a thing!

• DesigoCCDesigoCC Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

+1 would love it if wife could delete her tv shows after watching. Other wise she uses my account. gggeeerrrrr.....

• devertdevert Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

+1 for all the same reasons noted above. I'm a new Plex Pass user and this is one of the first features I found myself looking for.

• locksworthlocksworth Members, Plex Pass Posts: 12 Plex Pass

+1 here too

• SteveBezansonSteveBezanson Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

I’ll add my voice to that suggestion. I have 4 users, all with different content. Damned if I want to manage theirs. I’ve worked around it using file system shares & rights to allow them to delete at the folder level but it’s rather inelegant and downright inconvenient, especially when they blow away the wrong files/folders.

• bjhillebjhille Members, Plex Pass Posts: 15 Plex Pass

+1 - Make it a check box like allow sync'ing, etc. I am also a new Plex Pass user and was surprised this isn't already there.