If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

RELEASE: Plex Black Edition

Comments

• phunkysaiphunkysai Posts: 1,166Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The blurred background is brilliant...thanks!

• DeadEyeFlintDeadEyeFlint Posts: 307Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 2016

Added support for OpenPHT 1.5.1 (Rotten Tomatoes rating)

New:
    Option to change Unwatched icon color.
    Display personal rating in movie preplay screen.
    Content Ratings in Homescreen.

Changed global clock design.

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/129756/release-plex-black-edition/p1

• Bartlomiej BaraniecBartlomiej Baraniec Posts: 1,938Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I love this skin. Thank you so much for your hard work.

• phunkysaiphunkysai Posts: 1,166Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes, thank you for continuing to update this as OpenPHT updates! Much appreciated!

• ghenry22ghenry22 Posts: 67Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Excellent skin really impressed with this combined with the new openPHT updates.

I'd love it if you'd consider open sourcing the skin so it could be used as the default for openPHT. Maybe we could make a donation drive or something so if $500 for example in donations is raised to you then the skin can be made part of the openPHT project? I'd be willing to put some $$ in for that and to have you working with the openPHT guys.

• lukecrolukecro Posts: 65Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Brilliant. Plex Black Edition + OpenPHT for the win!!!

• jwaltrip4jwaltrip4 Posts: 581Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Windows OpenPHT: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\OpenPHT\addons ???

Not c:\Program Files (x86)\OpenPHT ???

New:
    Poster/Thumb Border per view

Home Menu options:

• text align right
    • wrap home menu
      • limit to 3,5,7,8,9,11 items
    • small, medium, large home menu font

• André.JeAndré.Je Posts: 243Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 2016

Is there a way to set Plex to return to the Login Screen after Plex was not in use for xx hours? My father always forgets to switch users and simply stays in the home screen with everyone having access to all movies.. As i operate the server i would like to have real statistics on who watches what (using plexpy). Because of that it would be superb switch to "change user" mode after a decent amount of time

• matrixagentmatrixagent Posts: 155Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Set a screensaver and turn off auto-login.

• André.JeAndré.Je Posts: 243Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@matrixagent thx!:)

Fixes

• filter not reachable
    • episode thumbnails are not displayed on 'poster info' view
    • osd seeking animation

• nicknack35nicknack35 Posts: 83Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Could i ask how i install this Skin please on Windows 7 thanks :)

• dlanordlanor Posts: 2,215Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@nicknack35 said:
    Could i ask how i install this Skin please on Windows 7 thanks :)

I assume that you ask about skins for either of the clients "Plex Home Theater" (aka PHT) or "OpenPHT", since those are the only modern dedicated Plex clients that can be 'skinned'. (There have been others, now obsolete.)

1: Download a skin, such as those released in the first post of this thread.
    2: Unpack the ZIP file so you get a ready to use skin folder with a name like "skin.plex_black_editionHT".
    (The leading "skin." prefix is common to all PHT skin addons.)
    3: Open an folder window (a normal Windows Explorer window) for any folder at all
    4: Edit the folder path field of the folder window to be either "%appdata%/Plex Home Theater" or "%appdata%/OpenPHT" and press 'Enter' key (or click refresh icon).
    This will shift the folder window to show the appdata content of the PHT or OpenPHT client.
    And topmost in this content you should see the "addons" subfolder
    5: Double-click the "addons" subfolder to open it, and then copy the skin folder you unpacked earlier into this location.
    6: The above can be repeated for any number of compatible skins.

NB: Do NOT place skins into the "addons" subfolder of the installed program folder.
    also do NOT place skins into the "packages" folder inside the proper "addons" subfolder.
    (These are common mistakes of first-time skin installers.)

Similar methods can be used also for OpenPHT/RasPlex on other platforms than Windows, though the destination folder path will then be different.

Best regards: dlanor

• plex.plessers@gmail.complex.plessers@gmail.com Posts: 410Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 2016

sorry, didnt read the release-plex-black-edition-do-not-post-here part.
    moved my post to
    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/214658/making-a-quiz-of-the-screensaver-fun

edited June 2016

Added support for openPHT 1.6

Changed default font to ubuntu, (support for cyrillic alphabet)
    Added new fonts "Nunito Light" and "Alte Haas Grotesk"
    Added a skinsetting to highlight focused title

Fixed standby bug on ChromeBox

Fixed "Play Files" bug

• SN6941SN6941 Posts: 31Members ✭✭

is there a way to turn off the opening jingle that plays when OpenPHT is launched with this skin?

• greekislandlovergreekislandlover Posts: 162Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I love this skin and use it on my main player (pi) and a couple of other devices. At the moment I'm struggling a bit with a Ubuntu laptop. I remastered my old laptop for Ubuntu to learn it. I have PHT installed and working, and have downloaded the skin but for the life of me I can't find what directory to copy the files into! I know that the instructions on page 1 say ~/.plexht/temp/addons, but that isn't helping a lot at the moment. Assuming I'm an idiot (fair assumption!) can someone please tell me where I can find the folder to copy the files into using the Ubuntu file manager please? Ububtu 16.04 if that helps.

Many thanks

• Stewie GriffinStewie Griffin Posts: 234Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@greekislandlover said:
    I love this skin and use it on my main player (pi) and a couple of other devices. At the moment I'm struggling a bit with a Ubuntu laptop. I remastered my old laptop for Ubuntu to learn it. I have PHT installed and working, and have downloaded the skin but for the life of me I can't find what directory to copy the files into! I know that the instructions on page 1 say ~/.plexht/temp/addons, but that isn't helping a lot at the moment. Assuming I'm an idiot (fair assumption!) can someone please tell me where I can find the folder to copy the files into using the Ubuntu file manager please? Ububtu 16.04 if that helps.

Many thanks

You won't see the .plexht folder as it is hidden, you need to press ctrl-h whilst file browser is open and it should appear. Pressing ctrl-h again once you are done will make all hidden files disappear again

http://ubuntuguide.net/view-hidden-files-and-folders-in-ubuntu-file-browser