If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

RELEASE: Plex Black Edition

Comments

• greekislandlovergreekislandlover Posts: 162Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I love this skin :) I have just downloaded the 1.7 PHT development build because of the new ability to stack tv episodes in the recently added TV section. I imagine that the skin is still under development for version 1.7, but go to the recently added TV section off the main menu and you get the backgrounds but not the icons. This was Windows I tried it on, and I downloaded the latest version of Plex Black from Github.

• DeadEyeFlintDeadEyeFlint Posts: 307Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

A new release is online:

• Reworked Homescreen and Skinsettings
    • Changed the default Colour Theme (you can change it back to white in preferences)
    • New Viewtype for Movies and TV Shows
    • Fix for Stack TV Shows in recently added (1.7 OpenPHT development build)

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/129756/release-plex-black-edition/p1

• plex.plessers@gmail.complex.plessers@gmail.com Posts: 410Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

hooooooray!

• greekislandlovergreekislandlover Posts: 162Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 2016

Many thanks - works great on Windoze. Is it possible to install 1.7.0 on the Pi yet?

• Pil71Pil71 Posts: 316Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Stacked episodes isn't working for me. installed OpenPHT 1.7-Dev, then this skin, started OpenPHT and changed skin from default to black edition, still see s01e01/e02/e03 as separate items on Recently Added. Even tried removing these episodes from plex library, wait a few mins, put them back - still not working.

@Pil71 said:
    Stacked episodes isn't working for me. installed OpenPHT 1.7-Dev, then this skin, started OpenPHT and changed skin from default to black edition, still see s01e01/e02/e03 as separate items on Recently Added. Even tried removing these episodes from plex library, wait a few mins, put them back - still not working.

Preferences->Preferences for System -> Plex -> "Stack TV Shows in recently added" is activated?

• BluZillaBluZilla Posts: 39Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have 3 devices running on OPHT ( Windows 10 HTPC, RPI2 and odroid C2) but none of them has updated automaticly the two latest builds of this skin. Am I the only one with this issue?

edited November 2016

@DeadEyeFlint said:

@Pil71 said:

Preferences->Preferences for System -> Plex -> "Stack TV Shows in recently added" is activated?

Damn I knew you were going to say there's a configurable option

• Jack_77Jack_77 Posts: 69Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 2016

I am missing the option to hide "watch later" from home screen.

Edit: Has to be unchecked in Preferences->Preferences for System -> Plex->...

@DeadEyeFlint said:

@Pil71 said:

Thanks DeadEyeFlint. Could you add the usual indicator to the poster(s) to show how many unwatched episodes ?

• SnakeZZSnakeZZ Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I love the skin, makes my HT really cool looking!

Quick question: Is there a possibility to overlay where the current picture in the background is coming from? I often wonder where a particular picture is coming from (i.e. which film, which album, which tv-series)?

Kind Regards,

SnakeZZ

• SteveMcNallySteveMcNally Posts: 327Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@DeadEyeFlint said:

@Pil71 said:

I can't find this option, any idea why it wouldn't show?

• GeetsPlexGeetsPlex Posts: 126Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@SteveMcNally said:

@DeadEyeFlint said:

I can't find this option, any idea why it wouldn't show?

You likely need to install OpenPHT 1.7-Dev, it's not part of 1.6.2

A new release is online!

• Added a scrollbar to (almost) all viewtypes (can be deactivated per view in left side skinsettings)
      press right (or up in carousel views) to bring up the scrollbar

• Added an unwachted episode count overlay for stacked TV Shows in recently added (OpenPHT 1.7+)

• Reworked dialog windows
    • Fix for viewtype LIST BLACKEDITION
    • Viewtype POSTERINFO is now choosable for music albums and artists
    • New Viewtype:

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/129756/release-plex-black-edition/p1

• SN6941SN6941 Posts: 31Members ✭✭

I love your skin, I just had one note: On the on-screen menu (the menu that displays while you're playing a media file and you push 'pause' it now shows the media flags (H.264, DTS-HD, etc). When the sound source is DTS-HD, it always shows it as 7.1, even if the source is just 5.1

Other than that, great skin and great work!

I'm not seeing this :
    ◾Added an unwachted episode count overlay for stacked TV Shows in recently added (OpenPHT 1.7+)

Running OpenPHT 1.7. Downloaded the update, quit OpenPHT, replaced the existing skin folder with the downloaded one. Started OpenPHT, tried switching to other skin and back to Black Edition also.

Is there an option that needs to be enabled to see the episode count in "Recently Added" ?

Thx

edited December 2016

ok update. Now have OpenPHT 1.7.1 (official release from github) installed with Black Edition v16.11.24. Still not seeing unwatched episode count on recently added.

Actually cannot even find - Preferences->Preferences for System -> Plex -> "Stack TV Shows in recently added" which is weird cos episodes ARE currently stacked in recently added.

What am I doing wrong?

Aha ! it's Preferences->Preferences for System -> General (not Plex) -> "Stack TV Shows in recently added". Anyway regardless not seeing unwatched episode count.

• OtarieOtarie Posts: 12Members ✭✭

i cant blur background fanart anymore... anyone else experiencing this?

@Pil71 said:
    Aha ! it's Preferences->Preferences for System -> General (not Plex) -> "Stack TV Shows in recently added". Anyway regardless not seeing unwatched episode count.

Any thoughts DeadEyeFlint ? I can see the new View Type so must have done something right with install but no unwatched episode count