If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

RELEASE: Plex Black Edition

Comments

• DeadEyeFlintDeadEyeFlint Posts: 307Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Pil71 said:

@Pil71 said:
    Aha ! it's Preferences->Preferences for System -> General (not Plex) -> "Stack TV Shows in recently added". Anyway regardless not seeing unwatched episode count.

Any thoughts DeadEyeFlint ? I can see the new View Type so must have done something right with install but no unwatched episode count

Sorry, but I have no idea what you are doing wrong...

@Otarie said:
    i cant blur background fanart anymore... anyone else experiencing this?

which viewtype?

• Pil71Pil71 Posts: 316Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Otarie said:

Yeah I'm seing this on the home screen menu - cannot blur even though configured to do so. I still cant fix the missing stacked episode count - I've done a complete removal of all OpenPHT & PHT components, including deleting related folders after uninstall. Then fresh install of OpenPHT 1.7.1 and latest back edition. Still not happening.

• OtarieOtarie Posts: 12Members ✭✭

@DeadEyeFlint said:
    which viewtype?

Im using 'Carousel' but it doesnt blur for every viewtype.

• j3gj3g Posts: 9Members ✭✭

@Pil71 said:
    Aha ! it's Preferences->Preferences for System -> General (not Plex) -> "Stack TV Shows in recently added". Anyway regardless not seeing unwatched episode count.

My experience to get things working...try switching to the default "OpenPHT" theme. Then switch back to the Black Edition theme. That fixed things for me. I can confirm the stacked TV shows is working on rasplex + black edition theme.

My Build versions:
    Rasplex Version: 1.7.1.137-b604995c
    Black Edition Skin: 17.01.03

• j3gj3g Posts: 9Members ✭✭

this is what it looks like on my friend's setup
    https://goo.gl/photos/U5vjEx1sqTi3jCe88

• jhayesjhayes Posts: 28Members ✭✭

Going forward, will all Plex Black Edition updates only work on OpenPHT and not the original Plex Home Theater app?

@jhayes said:
    Going forward, will all Plex Black Edition updates only work on OpenPHT and not the original Plex Home Theater app?

Yes, Plex Home Theater is no longer supported!

• eugovectoreugovector Posts: 86Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 30

Just got the update for Plex Black skin on my C2. Took me a minute to find the update (navigate to where you switch skins, select Plex Black Update.) Looks beautiful again; thanks for your work.

• eugovectoreugovector Posts: 86Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Also, I donated. I know it's not much, but I really do appreciate your work.

• levanderlevander Posts: 20Members ✭✭

Is it possible to update search for directors, actors, collections etc. ?

edited March 4

@levander said:

Wrong forum. Black Edition is only a skin - a view in to existing plex features not the features themselves

edited March 4

@Otarie said:

Fanart blur works only when serverside scaling of fanart is active.

Preferences -> Appearance -> General -> Disable serverside scaling of fanart -> Uncheck

• levanderlevander Posts: 20Members ✭✭

@Pil71 said:

@levander said:

Wrong forum. Black Edition is only a skin - a view in to existing plex features not the features themselves

What do you mean only a skin? Do you mean it is question for Rasplex forum?Plex official clients support searching of those and I don't quite understand on what it depends...

• Lets RockLets Rock Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi all

I've searched, I promise I have...Most times I reach a "oops you need a plexpass" (https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/115675 for instance) which I have

I use the awesome Black Edition skin. 15 or so years ago I used Musicmatch...MM had fantastic music "visualisation".
    A few google searches later I've found references to Milkdrop, especially in the above link, but nothing on how to install it

Please, can someone point in the direction of awesome virtualisation addons?

Thanks

Lee

• tekNZtekNZ Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Lets Rock said:
    Hi all

I've searched, I promise I have...Most times I reach a "oops you need a plexpass" (https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/115675 for instance) which I have

I use the awesome Black Edition skin. 15 or so years ago I used Musicmatch...MM had fantastic music "visualisation".
    A few google searches later I've found references to Milkdrop, especially in the above link, but nothing on how to install it

Please, can someone point in the direction of awesome virtualisation addons?

Thanks

Lee

That link takes me to an Oops page even though I have a plex pass.
    I currently have Milkdrop working with this skin. I a lot of trouble getting Milkdrop to work nicely. In the end I installed XMBC (newest version before transition to Kodi), the latest Kodi and Winamp 5.66. I did all this in frustration so unsure if it's all required, but it works.
    Then I downloaded the Milkdrop 2 files from a Kodi repository and added them to OpenPHT's addon folder.
    C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\OpenPHT\addons

I will try to make a proper guide tonight when i get home if I remember, as I've seen this question a lot, specifically with Milkdrop and Milkdrop 2.

Win10 Pro 64bit / i7-4790k / 32GB ram / 500GB m.2 SSD, 72TB Synology NAS, 20TB lcoal JBOD, 17TB Qnap NAS.
    1000 / 500 Mbps Unlimited BigPipe Website
    Can support 12+ 1080p transcode streams to remote clients (Blu-ray 35 MB/s down to 8 MB/s)

Speedtest

A new release is online!

• Reworked Homescreen

• Changed tv show season view

• German translation for Skinsettings

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/129756/release-plex-black-edition/p1

Great will take a look. Have you ever considered making the pre-play screen more like PlexWeb with related movies, same collection, actors pics etc?

• Avarus.boxAvarus.box Posts: 16Members ✭✭

Hi @DeadEyeFlint
    The Black Version is great.
    But is it possible to change the theme font by user?
    Since the default font cannot display Chinese, I have changed to font to "Plex" in preference.
    It works for "preference section, but not work for home menu to display the chinese library name

• brausebirnebrausebirne Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I also like this theme. One request: could you add age rating symbols for germany?
    usk.de/en/classification/age-rating-symbols/