If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

RELEASE: Plex Black Edition

123457»

Comments

• flvinny521flvinny521 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 9

On the latest version, testing on multiple Raspberry Pi 2s, I have no OSD when pausing, seeking, or anything, really. Is there a trick to get this to show? I've tried enabling and disabling the option to hide show info on the OSD with no change either way.

Edit: Found the bug that is not skin-specific. This happens when you set vertical sync on playing media. If you disable it or enable it always, the problem seems to be fixed.

• benjaminwolfbenjaminwolf Posts: 979Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 11

@flvinny521 said:
    On the latest version, testing on multiple Raspberry Pi 2s, I have no OSD when pausing, seeking, or anything, really. Is there a trick to get this to show? I've tried enabling and disabling the option to hide show info on the OSD with no change either way.

Edit: Found the bug that is not skin-specific. This happens when you set vertical sync on playing media. If you disable it or enable it always, the problem seems to be fixed.

Thanks @flvinny521 . I've verified the issue with OSD and vertical blank sync in 'Playback only' mode just as you say. Would you open a GitHub issue for it so we can track it?

https://github.com/RasPlex/RasPlex/issues

[edit] The OSD actually showed up after being paused for several minutes. Odd.

Enjoy Rasplex/OpenPHT? Consider dropping some bones into our development war chest! $25, $10, $5, or even $1 helps. All donations go toward development expenses so our volunteers spend less out of pocket. rasplex.com

• flvinny521flvinny521 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@benjaminwolf said:

Thanks @flvinny521 . I've verified the issue with OSD and vertical blank sync in 'Playback only' mode just as you say. Would you open a GitHub issue for it so we can track it?

Done, sorry for the delay.

• JefferySJefferyS Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi, I'm very new to RasPlex, just installed it today. I'm trying the Plex - Black Edition theme and a bit confused. On Theme I selected Blue and the Colours also changed to Blue after I restarted but I'm not seeing anything that is blue.

Am I missing something?

Is there a place where there are screen shots of different colors so I know what is supposed to change?

Running the 1.8 version of RasPlex downloaded last night. Using Raspberry Pi 3 Model B. I have it plugged into a TV via HDMI.

Thanks,

Jeffery

• NinelpienelNinelpienel Posts: 1Members

Hello, I'm using the newest version of this skin on Windows OpenPHT. Where are the settings for the viewtypes? I can't find them.

• DeadEyeFlintDeadEyeFlint Posts: 307Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Ninelpienel said:
    Hello, I'm using the newest version of this skin on Windows OpenPHT. Where are the settings for the viewtypes? I can't find them.

click left and then click on the settings icon

• enchainedenchained Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 15

UPD: finally found that setting that always shows it.
    And now I have another question: is there an option to hide seasons for when I have only one season of a show? I think it was an option in other skins/players, but this skin is the only one I can use comfortably with subtitles on pause.

Is there any reason I can't see ON DECK/etc from the home menu when going through categories using up and down buttons? I can see ON DECK only when I press the right button on a category, but that leaves the home menu behind.

Is there a setting preventing me from seeing it, or something?

Windows 10, OpenPHT 1.8.0.148, skin v17.03.16 installed via the appearance menu

• AlitchyAlitchy Posts: 150Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm also curious if there is a way to hide seasons when you only have one season of a show.

And on a potentially more complex request - is there a way I can move the transport controls (pause, play, etc.) from the bottom of the video to about 25% of the way up the screen? My use case is for 2.35:1 movies, I have a constant height screen and use my projector and an anamorphic lens to have movies in this aspect ratio take up the entire screen (no black bars.) I would be happy to donate if this option could be added. I would think something like the way that subtitles can be move in the calibration feature, only moving the transport controls, would be great.

I realize I'm in a minority for my use case, so if it is too hard to build selecting the transport controls location is too hard, perhaps there is an XML file I can modify with the coordinates of the transport controls?

Thanks for considering my points and creating such an awesome skin.

edited November 14

@Alitchy said:
    I'm also curious if there is a way to hide seasons when you only have one season of a show.

And on a potentially more complex request - is there a way I can move the transport controls (pause, play, etc.) from the bottom of the video to about 25% of the way up the screen? My use case is for 2.35:1 movies, I have a constant height screen and use my projector and an anamorphic lens to have movies in this aspect ratio take up the entire screen (no black bars.) I would be happy to donate if this option could be added. I would think something like the way that subtitles can be move in the calibration feature, only moving the transport controls, would be great.

I realize I'm in a minority for my use case, so if it is too hard to build selecting the transport controls location is too hard, perhaps there is an XML file I can modify with the coordinates of the transport controls?

skinfolder > 720p > ViewsOSD.xml
    line 636 + 651 + 692
    change <posy>664</posy> to a smaller value like <posy>564</posy>

@DeadEyeFlint said:

@Alitchy said:

line 636 + 651 + 692

Awesome! You rock! Tired it and now I am in in give a mouse a cookie mode ;)

Any chance there is a away to have a different value based upon the aspect ratio of the movie?

I am currently using PlexPy to trigger a script on play/resume/stop/stop. This script changes the projector from 4:3 mode to letterbox, and turning the light off and on as appropriate. I tried having it overwrite the ViewsOSD file with a version that changes the position to match the aspect ratio. But it looks like that XML file is only read on open of OpenPHT.

Is there a way to script a re-read of the file, before it played the movie? It's kind of janky, but I don't know enough about Kodi skins to 1) know if it is possible to move a position based on a variable, and 2) how to do that :)

Thanks again DeadEyeFlint. At the very least I can live with having the PauseOSD being further up for both aspect ratios. Donation incoming!

edited November 14

Got It working! And increased the height of the OSD’s background to make it look more seamless for both aspect ratios.

You can also note the subtitles being placed above the OSD on the 2:35:1 content.

I have been looking for a way to accomplish this for years. Super happy. Thanks again!

edited November 14

@Alitchy said:

@DeadEyeFlint said:

@Alitchy said:

line 636 + 651 + 692

Any chance there is a away to have a different value based upon the aspect ratio of the movie?

I am currently using PlexPy to trigger a script on play/resume/stop/stop. This script changes the projector from 4:3 mode to letterbox, and turning the light off and on as appropriate. I tried having it overwrite the ViewsOSD file with a version that changes the position to match the aspect ratio. But it looks like that XML file is only read on open of OpenPHT.

Is there a way to script a re-read of the file, before it played the movie? It's kind of janky, but I don't know enough about Kodi skins to 1) know if it is possible to move a position based on a variable, and 2) how to do that :)

Thanks again DeadEyeFlint. At the very least I can live with having the PauseOSD being further up for both aspect ratios. Donation incoming!

Yes, its possible, see attached file :wink:
    You have to edit "posy" from line 25 to 47, I've only testet 16:9 and widescreen 2.40.
    The Video aspect ratio is displayed here:
    (You can hide the AspectRatio in OSD by setting line 400 "visible" to false)

@DeadEyeFlint said:

@Alitchy said:

@DeadEyeFlint said:

@Alitchy said:

line 636 + 651 + 692

You have to edit "posy" from line 25 to 47, I've only testet 16:9 and widescreen 2.40.

Sweet! I wish I was not at work, so I could implement this.

@DeadEyeFlint said:

I have the VideoOSDPaused controls working great, thanks to your XML file. And of course now that you showed me how to hide components on the Info screen that is tied to that, I'm playing around :smile:

I like the info screen, the poster, the aspect ratio, the meida flags, but I don't like having the plot showing. I'm an anti spoiler guy. So, with your guidance I am working up changes that hide the plot, shrink the height of the overlay images, and move the items I do want to keep down on the screen.

Thanks again for your helo DeadEyeFlint!

123457»