Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

1.9.0-M3 Is Crashing the App

mjbxxmjbxx Dedicated MemberPosts: 920 Plex Pass
edited December 2014 in Serenity for Android

The new version of Serenity is not stable at this time on the Fire TV when referring to "Last selected category is remembered until next restart of the app" from the 1.9.0-M3 update. The Serenity app will intermittently crash when selecting a category by backing out to the XBMC (rooted) home screen. In addition: the app does not remember nor highlight the category when backing out to the the Serenity home screen, as seen below. Are there any logs I can obtain to help with this issue? 

ScreenShot.png

Comments

• kingargylekingargyle Posts: 560 ✭✭
    edited December 2014

Thanks for the report.  I've fixed the focus issue and Serenity remember where it left off when returning to the screens that are using the new fragments.  The issue was that the screen was being recreated each time, which could cause some extra network requests and other issues to occur.

I have a new version that you can test available on the site, that addresses this issue and a couple of others I found while doing my own testing.

The force closes should be fixed as well.  There were times that the view passed into the Category Selection listener was being set as null, so it was causing some Nullpointers to occur.   Should be working better with the M4 version.

https://github.com/NineWorlds/serenity-android/wiki/Downloads#190-m4

• mjbxxmjbxx Dedicated Member Posts: 920 Plex Pass
    edited December 2014

All seems to be working as intended with 1.9.0-M4. I am really liking this intuitive feature and will continue to test this version and all future Serenity developer versions.