Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Looking for similar movies

In0cenTIn0cenT Members, Plex Pass Posts: 92 Plex Pass

Good morning

I'm looking for movies which have a familiar system as the following movies: The Hunger Games, Divergent and Mazerunner

I love the idea of something "bigger" over the lifes of the people. The revolution story, etc etc

Does anyone know any movie which might fit to me? :)

Cheers Josh 

Comments

• astrofisherastrofisher Plex Dwarf Star Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5,512 Plex Pass
    edited December 2014

Elysium

Harrison Bergeron 

12 Monkeys

The Running Man (The book is so much better) Richard Bachman - AKA Stephen King

Logan"s Run

THX 1138

A Clockwork Orange

Fahrenheit 451

The Long Walk (another Bachman Book)- you'll have to read the book as Frank Darabont (Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, The Walking Dead) owns the rights, but hasn't gotten around to making the movie yet. :angry: Hopefully he'll get around to it before he "buys a ticket". :D

Jim

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    Rule #32 "Enjoy the little things"
  • In0cenTIn0cenT Members, Plex Pass Posts: 92 Plex Pass

Thanks you very much!!!

I'll need to get my hands on these movies ASAP then :)

• kutluskutlus Members Posts: 2

Check...
    http://moviesalike.com/

To find any similar movie to the ones you like or search

• aeonxaeonx Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,325 Plex Ninja

@kutlus said:
    Check...
    http://moviesalike.com/

To find any similar movie to the ones you like or search

Good suggestion, and good site.

• kutluskutlus Members Posts: 2

@aeonx Thx for the nice critic. I am trying my best to make the site better. I will add membership soon and then making list creating reminders will be available for the registered users...

• aeonxaeonx Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,325 Plex Ninja

@kutlus Thumbs up. I hope the suggestions will take content/plot more into account in the future, in addition to similar movie titles.

• CazTechaCazTecha Members Posts: 4 ✭✭

Thanks for the link to the site. I definitely have certain genres and types of movies I like and it's not always easy to find decent recommendations via Google.

• zangypoozangypoo Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Battle Royale (2000) perhaps?

Japanese, and a starting point for "let's make all these athletic teens fight each other" type movies.

• tramp78tramp78 Members Posts: 52 ✭✭

Check out Dark City