Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

xbox 360 lip sync

sleeprequiredsleeprequired Members, Plex Pass Posts: 20
edited December 2014 in Xbox 360

i can't adjust the lip sync on xbox 360.  i'm only playing 300mb episodes.  What gives?  Surely an update to the xbox 360 app by now? Why can we adjust lip sync?  Permanently and file by file PLEASE!!

thanks.

Comments

• EnochLightEnochLight Members, Plex Pass Posts: 146 Plex Pass

Is it possible you are sending h.264 MKV to your 360 which has to have the audio remuxed?  If so, what's your computer specs that your server is on?

sleeprequired wrote on December 11 2014, 12:20 PM: »

i can't adjust the lip sync on xbox 360.  i'm only playing 300mb episodes.  What gives?  Surely an update to the xbox 360 app by now? Why can we adjust lip sync?  Permanently and file by file PLEASE!!

thanks.

• sleeprequiredsleeprequired Members, Plex Pass Posts: 20
    EnochLight wrote on December 11 2014, 8:04 PM: »

Is it possible you are sending h.264 MKV to your 360 which has to have the audio remuxed?  If so, what's your computer specs that your server is on?

the file is an mp4 and it has x264 in the title.  so here's sample filename which has x264 in the title - whatever.S04E10.HDTV.x264.mp4.  When i play them through xbox's media player they're all good.

what settings do i need to check and why don't xbox allow audio delay like the full plex app?

• RockStarRockStar Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2,044 Plex Pass
    Im having lipsync issues aswell. Mkv with h264. Issues with absolutely all files. The server is a beast and doesnt have the same issues when transcoding or direct streaming to any other client I have tested.

cmon plex.  can  i get some assistance please.  i'm paying my membership fees and i'd like a response please.

• EnochLightEnochLight Members, Plex Pass Posts: 146 Plex Pass
    edited December 2014
    *redacted*
  • BenderopolisBenderopolis Members, Plex Pass Posts: 52 Plex Pass

Yes, audio and video are definitely out of sync in the 360 app. At least with dts-Tracks. Others I did not test.

• Allan68Allan68 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 497 Plex Pass
    I am also experiencing lip-synch issues for the first time on this app. Was okay before the updates.
  • johnsons2014johnsons2014 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 20

hmm .. I have some audio sync issues with some of my movies as well .. just on my X360 .. not on my Roku 1 or PC's/Tablets .. 

Tell me do chromecast and Roku have better options when it comes to their plex apps?

Like the full version similar to plex home theatre for the pic or Mac?

I'm over these half baked options.
  • johnsons2014johnsons2014 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 20

Roku 1 is pretty plain jane with menu options .. but plays everything like a champ

• kqmaverickkqmaverick Members, Plex Pass Posts: 13 Plex Pass

Im seeing the same problem. Videos are direct stream and have no issues playing on Xbox One or Chromecast.

• AngryDudeAngryDude Members, Plex Pass Posts: 69 Plex Pass

I also have this issue.  Playing MP4s - h264 with 2 audio tracks.  Plays fine if I use Xbox360 system video player or 'cast' it to the xbox using an android app.

• kotobidekotobide Members Posts: 4 ✭✭

Same issue here the sync is off by like .5 sec but very noticable

• jpulley03jpulley03 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

I see everyone with the same issue, but no one even has an idea of a way to fix the problem.

• kqmaverickkqmaverick Members, Plex Pass Posts: 13 Plex Pass

disappointed that this issue was not corrected in the new update. Any word on when we can expect a fix?

• financialwiz76financialwiz76 Members Posts: 4 ✭✭

Same boat here. 360 out of sync via plex app, but Xbox media player plays in sync which strikes me as strange. Files also play correctly on Xbox One plex app, as well as any other plex client I use... iOS, android, PC, Roku. 360 is the only troublemaker. I've been quietly and patiently waiting for a fix, but I figured we need more to chime in on this subject at this point. It's been long enough.

• khisanth93khisanth93 Members Posts: 1 ✭✭

Absolutely the same problem here. I can stream episodes to my iPhone via Plex and cast them to my Apple TV from there, but the same files direct to xbox 360 have appalling lip syncing issues. Also .mkv. Surely there's a fix??? Any help here?

• davidmbuenodavidmbueno Members Posts: 22 ✭✭

Yes. I have the same problem. The more disturbing thing is that the video streaming is simply wonderfull!! I haven't seen before other platform in what Plex app streamed video faster than the 360 app. Even better than iOS apps. So, i wonder... what's the problem with the audio?? Even with video quality of 480p, the audio doesn't sync.
    I hope there will be a fix soon... Please admins, can u tell us something about that??
    P.S.: Sorry for my poor english :P

• t1hom7ast1hom7as Members, Plex Pass Posts: 48 Plex Pass

+1 for me too...
    Any update Plex team?

• ledge74ledge74 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 267 Plex Pass

Same issue for me. Really annoying