If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[Suggestion] Smart Autoplay - Plays continuously and stops if no user input for X amount of time.

arcookearcooke Posts: 54Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Currently there is an option enable or disable auto-play on the Roku Plex app.  

• Autoplay = Plays continuously forever until you physically press stop.
  • No Autoplay = Plays one video, then stops.

I would like a third option:

• Smart Autoplay = Plays continuously, then stops if there's no user input for a period of time (e.g. no buttons pressed in 2 hours).  

Netflix's Roku app has this feature and it works great. I like to turn shows/movies on when I go to bed.  If I have autoplay turned on, it continues playing until I wake up.  If I shut autoplay off, I have to grab the remote every 20 minutes to change to a new episode.  Not fun when you're trying to sleep.

Not even sure if Plex reads these boards, and they offer no method of contact outside media/partner relations.  So.. whatever.   If it gets seen it gets seen, if it doesn't it doesn't.

Comments

• theuser86theuser86 Posts: 575Members ✭✭✭
    The developers follow the forums but no idea if your request will get incorporated.
  • mscroggimscroggi Posts: 27Members

I too am anxious to have some kind of limit I can specify for autoplay.   I love having the autoplay feature enabled.  I like to put on some old media in the backround when I am working etc..   And also when I go to sleep.   Its a great feature.  

I have on several occasions during a weekend turned on the TV in my office to discover I had left the video playing from Friday evening when I quit working..   I had been streaming video on continuous play for several days without knowing it.

I realize its my responsibility to stop the video..   but its a mistake I have made on occasion.   The Netflix implementation is handy because it will popup a dialog after a certain amount of time to ask if the user wants to continue to the next video.   

Any method to implement some kind of soft limit or notification would be helpful..  I havent found anything.. but does anyone know if there is a channel that can show what is streaming? - or even better allow me to stop specific streaming connections?

• thebeatlesrebelthebeatlesrebel Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

i wish this was a thing even if i could just put a limit of a certain # amount of content before it asked if i was still watching