If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

New to this. (Thecus N2200 EVO )

=Eureka==Eureka= Posts: 2Members
edited December 2014 in Thecus

Hi,

I want to set up my Thecus N2200 EVO as a plex server.

I'm totaly new to this so is there anyone who could tell me step by step how to install the app to my NAS and witch one I should use.

I tried to find manuals on the Net but sofar no luck. :unsure:

Can anyone help me out here.

Comments

• =Eureka==Eureka= Posts: 2Members

Thanks for the reply cyberhatter,

but I know where to find the apps.

That is not the problem.

I have no idea how to install them on the Thecus.

I can install mod files but that doesn't work with the app files from Plex.

I also took a Plex mod file from Thecus site itself but that does not install either.

Latest firmware is on the NAS, but it's not installing?

Help....

• MassaguanaMassaguana Posts: 1,833Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Plex runs only with Intel and ARM CPU NAS Devices from Thecus. I Think your N2200 EVO are to old and not powerfull enough for Plex. You can only use *.mod files, *.app are the new format for x64-Bit System´s

Primary PMS: Thecus N10850, 16GB RAM, Intel Xeon Quad "E3-1225" 3,1 GHz

Secundary PMS: KVM VPS Server(), 2 GB RAM, 3 E5v3 CPU Cores (3664 Passmark), GSuite & ACD Storage Crypted with rclone and plexdrive

Media Storage: Thecus N10850 10x 6 TB Raid6 Crypted

Desktop Clients: 1 x MacPro 5,1, 2 x 27" iMac, 1x Asus Chromebox OpenPHT, 3x Raspberry Pi OpenPHT, Samsung TV KS9090
    Mobile Clients: 1 x iPhone 6s, 1 x iPhone 6, 1 x iPhone 7+, 1 x iPad Air, 1x iPad Pro 12,9

Airplay Targets: 1x Denon AVR-4311 

• sw1ft2usw1ft2u Posts: 1Members

hi i have the same problem i have Manufacturer Thecus Product No. N4100EVO Firmware Version 1.05.00.23 I'm trying to add plex how do i install it? via usb?

• BeathomeBeathome Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@sw1ft2u said:
    hi i have the same problem i have Manufacturer Thecus Product No. N4100EVO Firmware Version 1.05.00.23 I'm trying to add plex how do i install it? via usb?

Please read the handbook of Thecus - I do not have your model, but there is the web gui and within you will find on the left side the Application server and if you open that, you will find manual and auto app installation.
    Then just upload the correct file and start it.

• bluvwolf@gmail.combluvwolf@gmail.com Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    via Email
    Sorry

Private ! Mail Box !