If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex for Samsung Gear VR

486DX50486DX50 Posts: 1Members

Hello,

I'm not sure where to post. I'm using Plex for streaming home videos and movies from my home PC.

Today I got Samsung Gear VR and there is a virtual theater app. I wonder if Plex developer team is considering making an add-on for Samsung Gear VR software to be able to stream videos from PC and watch them using virtual reality gear. It doesn't have to be the real VR or 3D video since Samsung software can playback my own videos from my smartphone on that virtual theater screen. I wish to be able to use Plex and Netflix on my Gear VR :)

Sincerely,

Plex user.

Tagged:

Comments

• HsomaticsHsomatics Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I was just about to click submit on my order...... when I stopped to see if I could watch videos through PLEX, DNLA, Streaming service (Netflix, MGO, HBO go etc.) or stored local on the device. Can you do any of the others you did not list ?

• ImperativeozImperativeoz Posts: 38Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Hsomatics wrote on December 17 2014, 5:50 PM: »

I was just about to click submit on my order...... when I stopped to see if I could watch videos through PLEX, DNLA, Streaming service (Netflix, MGO, HBO go etc.) or stored local on the device. Can you do any of the others you did not list ?

I just got the Gear VR and I am only able to whats videos that I add to my Note 4's SD card.

Plex should either create a Plex app for the Samsung gear VR store. Or create a SBS option on their existing Plex app for android.

• dseelyedseelye Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I also have a Gear VR and as a PlexPass member would LOVE to have Plex support for side by side video to support the Gear VR. Willing to help test, etc if that helps.
  • cberinghcberingh Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

PLEASE PLEX, PLEASE!!! DO THIS!!!!

• Cissell75Cissell75 Posts: 1Members

I just got my Gear VR and a Plex app for it would be amazing.

• Zeu$Zeu$ Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Plex is awesome dont know how id live without it haha

Do you know how much publicity it would bring if they did something with the VR! I would guess there customer base would pick up some real momentum  :)

• MedicDMedicD Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I would LOVE this!!
  • flamdragflamdrag Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes! Please!

Let us know if you want to farm any of the work in creating this out!

Maybe the community can create something if you don't have the time to make an official app!

• icansing4uicansing4u Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Not sure there is a large enough market for them to do this but it would be amazing!  I just got a Gear VR and I love it!   I would love to have a Plex plugin.

• mandalorian2mandalorian2 Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am also a Gear VR owner and it would be amazing to have Plex work with it, a portable movie theater I can strap to my head that I can stream my entire library too. With the new version coming out that is compatible with the Galaxy S6 the audience will be expanding greatly. THis would be the platforms killer app.

• KathyShawKathyShaw Posts: 55Members ✭✭

It's a pity that Gear VR is not compatible with Plex. Do add this feature asap. Please.

• GotrexGotrex Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Me to please I would love to see this come to the Gear VR!!!!!!!

• ShikimoriShikimori Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I would also like to add my cries for this option!! i would love to see VR support beeing added to Plex on my S6 edge and Gear VR!!

Plex Pass lifetime user!

• asorlikoasorliko Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I would also love a Plex app for Gear VR.

• meareimearei Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

add me to the list looking for plex on gear vr.

• cspeer504cspeer504 Posts: 6Members ✭✭

+1. I have a SGVR and would love this as well. I currently have to move my movies to the SD to watch. Watching my movies in the virtual theater is so much more immersing than watching on my living room TV and much cheaper (and quieter) than going to a theater. I just wanted to add my interest. I currently use the free version of Plex, but I would definitely sign up for Plex Pass if this were a paid exclusive feature! 

Now if I could just find a way for the Gear VR to track the location of my beer. :)

• cdlccdlc Posts: 1Members
    edited June 2015
    486DX50 wrote on December 16 2014, 7:38 PM: »

Hello,

I'm not sure where to post. I'm using Plex for streaming home videos and movies from my home PC.

Today I got Samsung Gear VR and there is a virtual theater app. I wonder if Plex developer team is considering making an add-on for Samsung Gear VR software to be able to stream videos from PC and watch them using virtual reality gear. It doesn't have to be the real VR or 3D video since Samsung software can playback my own videos from my smartphone on that virtual theater screen. I wish to be able to use Plex and Netflix on my Gear VR :)

Sincerely,

Plex user.

Hsomatics wrote on December 17 2014, 5:50 PM: »

Imperativeoz wrote on December 20 2014, 5:29 PM: »

I just got the Gear VR and I am only able to whats videos that I add to my Note 4's SD card.

Plex should either create a Plex app for the Samsung gear VR store. Or create a SBS option on their existing Plex app for android.

dseelye wrote on December 22 2014, 11:05 PM: »

I also have a Gear VR and as a PlexPass member would LOVE to have Plex support for side by side video to support the Gear VR. Willing to help test, etc if that helps.

cberingh wrote on December 26 2014, 7:17 PM: »

PLEASE PLEX, PLEASE!!! DO THIS!!!!

Cissell75 wrote on December 31 2014, 6:38 AM: »

I just got my Gear VR and a Plex app for it would be amazing.

poisonivy0 wrote on February 21 2015, 2:29 AM: »

Plex is awesome dont know how id live without it haha

Do you know how much publicity it would bring if they did something with the VR! I would guess there customer base would pick up some real momentum  :)

MedicD wrote on March 2 2015, 12:12 AM: »

I would LOVE this!!

flamdrag wrote on March 6 2015, 5:47 AM: »

Yes! Please!

Let us know if you want to farm any of the work in creating this out!

Maybe the community can create something if you don't have the time to make an official app!

icansing4u wrote on March 19 2015, 11:46 PM: »

Not sure there is a large enough market for them to do this but it would be amazing!  I just got a Gear VR and I love it!   I would love to have a Plex plugin.

mandalorian2 wrote on March 20 2015, 9:39 PM: »

I am also a Gear VR owner and it would be amazing to have Plex work with it, a portable movie theater I can strap to my head that I can stream my entire library too. With the new version coming out that is compatible with the Galaxy S6 the audience will be expanding greatly. THis would be the platforms killer app.

KathyShaw wrote on March 26 2015, 7:42 AM: »

It's a pity that Gear VR is not compatible with Plex. Do add this feature asap. Please.

Gotrex wrote on May 1 2015, 2:51 AM: »

Me to please I would love to see this come to the Gear VR!!!!!!!

Shikimori wrote on May 7 2015, 2:43 PM: »

I would also like to add my cries for this option!! i would love to see VR support beeing added to Plex on my S6 edge and Gear VR!!

Plex Pass lifetime user!

Rough007 wrote on May 17 2015, 10:19 PM: »

I would also love a Plex app for Gear VR.

mearei wrote on May 29 2015, 2:42 PM: »

add me to the list looking for plex on gear vr.

cspeer504 wrote on June 10 2015, 11:55 PM: »

+1. I have a SGVR and would love this as well. I currently have to move my movies to the SD to watch. Watching my movies in the virtual theater is so much more immersing than watching on my living room TV and much cheaper (and quieter) than going to a theater. I just wanted to add my interest. I currently use the free version of Plex, but I would definitely sign up for Plex Pass if this were a paid exclusive feature! 

Now if I could just find a way for the Gear VR to track the location of my beer. :)

PlexVR!

• inmortal80inmortal80 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Second this...please add support..

• roy lovelockroy lovelock Posts: 65Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

just add me as well

• WerableWerable Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Please add support!!