If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Frequently Asked Questions

Chris CChris C Posts: 11,825Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
edited December 2014 in PlayStation

Please refer to the Plex for PlayStation FAQ section on our support site:

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/sections/200662443-FAQ-Plex-for-PlayStation

Need help? Having trouble?
» Visit our Support Site for documentation, guides, and more - including the Getting Started section!
» Attach Log Files when reporting issues // See how to attach files in the forums
» Name and Organize your content correctly for best results

(no private messages for support unless requested, please)

Comments

• utility73utility73 Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2014

As of your support page(s) the Plex app for both PS4 and PS3 should be available in PSN Store for Austria.

Well it is not, only the app for PS4 is available. there.

• johan@folin.nujohan@folin.nu Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I can't find the app in the store on my PS3 in Sweden either.

• chrissearlechrissearle Plex Ninja Posts: 283Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Just to be sure - it pops up in a difference place on the PS3. We just added pics to https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/204075796-I-don-t-see-the-PlayStation-3-app-in-the-store-where-is-it- - but I don't know if you saw that or not?

• jsieminsjsiemins Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    That's all I have http://i.imgur.com/V2ziM4Wl.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • termin8hertermin8her Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Here in South Africa and I also do not see the Plex App. Bought a Plex Pass because I was so excited. Now I'm bumbed.

I have checked the region to ensure that it was supported: https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/204074136-Where-is-Plex-for-PlayStation-available-

I made sure that my PSN account is set to South Africa.

And nothing.

• termin8hertermin8her Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Seems that the link to PSN stores that have the app locations is wrong. If you are in South Africa, with a PSN account set to South Africa, you wont get the app on a PS3.

Fix: Sadly you will have to create a new PSN account in a country like United Kingdom. Then sign into the new account (with the loss of your existing gameplay etc data).

• jsieminsjsiemins Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Finały got it :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • TapewormzTapewormz Posts: 7Members

While I'm glad to see this app finally hit the Playstation, the lack of features makes me sad. Channels, Music...  :(

• mattseeleymattseeley HawaiiPosts: 1,371Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

(We're not done)

(Please no private messages for support unless requested, please)

• MegaSackmanMegaSackman Posts: 6Members Plex Pass

I guess you´re working on it but for the record: There´s this buffering problem after an X amount of minutes, I´ve played with the transcoder and such but I´ve only made the problem less periodic. I´ve my PS4 wire connected.

• bal3wolfbal3wolf Posts: 153Members ✭✭
    MegaSackman wrote on February 7 2015, 10:36 PM: »

I guess you´re working on it but for the record: There´s this buffering problem after an X amount of minutes, I´ve played with the transcoder and such but I´ve only made the problem less periodic. I´ve my PS4 wire connected.

its wierd some people see it others dont i have never had that problem  watching long movies and tv shows to me seems like could have somthing do with the hardware used to run the plex server.

I7 6800k@4.2Ghz 32Gigs@3200Mhz GTX 1080@2100/5600 3x 500Gig SSD Raid 0 (GAMING PC) Xeon X5675@4400Mhz 18Gigs@1680Mhz RX480 9TB In Hard drives (PLEX SERVER)
  • JonLance06JonLance06 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I was wondering when are they going to add Autoplay to the PS4 app? Thank you.

-JonLance

• ZerithZerith Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited May 2015

Hi, I was wondering if the Plex App for PS would ever support running as a player. It would be awesome if I could use my android device to start playing or streaming things over the PS. If this is indeed one of the future features is there at all a timeline to which you guys are releasing changes or is it a wait and see scenario? 

On a side note, will there ever be sync feature in order to sync data to the ps3 as it does with phones. This could help with buffering and playback issues or when your server is offline for whatever reason.

Thanks,

Barend

• hadesrazehadesraze Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I'm continually running into loading problems; I get to the PLEX logo with the build number 2.4.2 in the corner of the window, but the user/PIN entry screen will not load.
  • lorddunlowlorddunlow Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited June 2015
    Any chance this will ever be taken off the Remote Play blacklist? I can't understand why it's blocked from Remote Play.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk 4
  • Ramona22Ramona22 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass
    I cant do anything nothing works...i have plex for android and internet with my ps4

TEll me what to do please
  • jam3ohiojam3ohio Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Seeing a white line at the far right hand side of the content being played back.  The XboxOne app renders the video fine without that white line.  Any ideas on how to fix that?  H.264 video, AAC3 encoding, SD format, plays back just fine using the PS4 media player.

• mazdarallymazdarally Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

New download on PS3 (16/7) some videos work fine but a few wont load and get error
    "There was a problem playing this item. The video did not start playing in time"
    these will play on the pc and on windows phone but not the ps3. Any ideas

• GonjaTGonjaT Posts: 1Members Plex Pass

I am leaving a comment about the ps3 plex app as of yesterday. i have an email saying ps3 app allows channels.... they are not showing up on my ps3. any ideas? is it just the supported channels or channels from the unsupported appstore? thanks.