If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Please update Plex Plugin to 0.9.11.5 please!

warzak0warzak0 Posts: 28Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

So the Xbox 360 Plex app was just updated yesterday (12/18/2014) and sadly it requires server version 0.9.11.5 or later....

The plugin for FreeNAS is still at 0.9.11.4.739_1 or so.

I can't tell you how happy I was to get the updated Plex app on my 360.... then a night with no Plex :(

Best Answer

• amh0187amh0187 Posts: 3Members
    Accepted Answer

Im having the same issue but i have seen this:

https://github.com/mstinaff/PMS_Updater

Which im going to try later, how are you with scripts, are you okay to follow this? 

The plug in on FreeNAS is the latest availbe free version as a plex pass holder you have access to a newer version but the link in FeeNAS will only be able to get the free one hence needing to follow the above link and steps contained, Hope this helps you 

Thanks 

Answers

Accepted Answer

Im having the same issue but i have seen this:

https://github.com/mstinaff/PMS_Updater

Which im going to try later, how are you with scripts, are you okay to follow this? 

The plug in on FreeNAS is the latest availbe free version as a plex pass holder you have access to a newer version but the link in FeeNAS will only be able to get the free one hence needing to follow the above link and steps contained, Hope this helps you 

Thanks 

• warzak0warzak0 Posts: 28Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thank you for your reply. I think I could follow this with a little research. If I fail then I guess I just play the waiting game. Again thank you for this bit of hope :)

whoo hoo! :)

Thank you so much amh0187!! That worked! It was a bit tricky at first because FreeNAS still thinks it's the old version, the one available in the public repository.

But looking at the web interface of plex it showed the new version 9.11.6 and the xbox360 app is happy, I'm happy!

Thanks again for linking me :)

Hi warzak0,

Im glad this worked for you, This is my task this morning as i have just built myself a new freeness machine.

Glad to know it works as this is what I'm going to try and do shortly! 

Thanks again

Great! I hope it works for you too. I'll repeat is just because it thew me for a loop but FreeNAS still believes it's the older version but going to the web interface it shows the correct version (at least I'm hoping I'm actually rocking the newer version as I have not dove into it to make sure).