If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Working on some mockups, hoping to find a dev

danvpetersondanvpeterson Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited December 2014 in PHT Skin Development

Hey all, I'm a UI designer looking for a developer that might be interested in building a skin I've started working on. I love Plex but a lot of the HT interface really bugs me. I find various navigation points are unclear, icons can be difficult to understand, how to get to features is sometimes confusing and of course I'm a picky **** and would just really love to put my own touch and experience as a designer to use in this app that I love.

Unfortunately my experience is all based on designing things in Photoshop/Illustrator/Sketch and giving developers my mockups, specs, and cut up asset files. The closest I ever come to dev work is purely front end html and css (not sure how skins are developed so don't know if this might be helpful?). I started working on it today and so far only have the initial home screen and movie info mockups done. This would be purely a weekend project for me but I imagine I could have everything mocked up and all the assets ready within a month or so if I find a dev that is interested in working with me. Let me know!

Even if you're not interested in working with me I'd love some feedback! I'm sure there are things I'm not thinking of and have a feeling some ideas I have may not actually be possible to implement.

Here are the initial couple mockups:

Home.png

Movie%20Info.png

Comments

• danvpetersondanvpeterson Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2014

Here's my initial mockup of one of the things that I want the most; movie extras that are both more obvious to get to, and have a list that is easy to quickly visually scan and distinguish each item. Not entirely happy with it yet but I like the direction it's heading in.

Movie%20Extras.png

• Jig_SawJig_Saw Posts: 43Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Very Nice work !

I hope you will find a dev to make your skin available soon :)

• s1mplemans1mpleman Posts: 468Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Nice work! I too hope you find a Dev for this. 

• xGAMMELFLEISCHxxGAMMELFLEISCHx Posts: 25Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Great Job! I hope for you!

PMS:
    Mac Mini Server (i7-2,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 2x 500 SSD RAID 0)
    Ubuntu Server 14.04 (i7-4770, 32GB RAM, 4x 4TB RAID 0)
    Synology DS1815+ (8x 8TB HDD SHR)
    Synology DS415+ (4x 6TB HDD SHR)

Clients:
    Intel NUC NUC5I7RYH (8GB RAM, 120 SSD), Chromecast 1st Gen., iPhone 6s Plus 64GB, iPad 3 128GB, Samsung UE46D6500, XBOX One, RasPi2 (Kodi)