If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

filter movies for content in Plex (edit movies)

thebruce1thebruce1 Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I would be interested if anyone thinks it would be possible to create a plugin or something of the sort for Plex that would allow you to filter movies based on Language, Sexual Content, etc...  So for example if a movie says the f-bomb a lot and you don't want your kids to hear....is it possible to create something that would filter out the language?  There are a few companies that do this to google play and youtube movies as well as DVD/Blurays.  

www.vidangel.com

www.clearplay.com

Curious if anyone knows if this could be done.

Comments

• thebruce1thebruce1 Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Here is another link to someone who kind of has one using VLC

http://www.vlcleanplayer.com/

• istarionistarion Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am also very interested in adding video filtering capabilities to Plex. Though I am not a coder, I would be very willing to help with testing or documentation.

• GFamilyGGFamilyG Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am also very interested in getting this going. This would be amazing to add onto Plex making it the ultimate home entertainment.

• dittmanfamilydittmanfamily Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Alpha will be up by end of December. GitHub repository and whatnot coming by end of week. Donation links and other stuff coming as well.

• RWRiedelRWRiedel Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Would this be on the channels or built in to Plex by default?

• edifiededified Posts: 61Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm also very interested in this being added to Plex. I'd be willing to help create filters for movies I own. @dittmanfamily do you have a github repo link?

• d_challd_chall Posts: 1Members

I would love something like this. I have coding experience, but never done anything like this before. @dittmanfamily did you end up starting a project or not?

• camberry@gmail.comcamberry@gmail.com Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I ran across this the other day. http://www.vlcleanplayer.com/

IT doesn't look like it has a super active community, but it would be nice to be able to use the filter files made by this to work inside plex. Maybe we can jumpstart both projects and bring more attention to them.

• DPlexologyDPlexology Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 for this idea! I wish I had the technical know-how to work on something like this (and the time). "Plex forum moderators, please pass this feature request along"

• pureblokepurebloke Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm also very interested in having a resource like this for Plex. I would certainly contribute to any project that may arise for the creation of such a feature or plugin!

• jeremyjhartleyjeremyjhartley Posts: 3Members ✭✭

Is anyone working on this? I think there could be a huge demand. With the updated ClearPlay and VidAngel models, they just don't work for me and my family. I watch most movies on Plex from my personal server. I would love the ability to filter the content of those movies somehow other than constantly holding the remote in my hand and hitting skip forward or mute as needed.

• SteinssSteinss Posts: 2Members

If Vidangel can link up to Netflix and Amazon, why not to Plex? Come on Plex, this would be HUGE!!!

• ocmyhomeocmyhome Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@dittmanfamily Any update on this effort? I know myself and others would be happy to donate to this...

• crobs808crobs808 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Does VidAngel offer a publicly accessible API? Does Plex? If so, I'll learn how to code simply to make this, lol.