If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Feature request: "Back to Playstation-menu button"

RockStarRockStar Posts: 2,053Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi!

One of the things I really like about the PS4 as a media player is how well HDMI-CEC works. Which means if Im using my PS4 as just that, I dont even need the controller. I just use the remote that came with my TV. This works very well until I want to leave Plex in favour for for example Netflix. Without the PS button on the controller, there is simply now way of exiting the app from my TV remote.

Please make a little "exit" button somewhere on the screen for more remote friendly operations!

Cheers, and thanks for a great app.

Dear Lord. If we give you Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj, would you consider sending us back Dimebag Darrell?

Comments

• mattseeleymattseeley HawaiiPosts: 1,373Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Sorry RockStar. Sony disallows any method of exiting apps on their platforms besides the PS button.

(Please no private messages for support unless requested, please)

• RockStarRockStar Posts: 2,053Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Thats a little dissapointing. As good as the PS4 and Plex works with HDMI-CEC, its a little strange that Sony makes it impossible to exit the app using the TVs remote. Ive noticed Netflix is the same.

Oh well. Fingers crossed Sony changes this policy.
    Dear Lord. If we give you Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj, would you consider sending us back Dimebag Darrell?
  • reflexivreflexiv Posts: 18Members ✭✭

I feel the same way- I love the HDMI-CEC functionality of the PS3 so I can use my Bravia TV remote. I just recently found that Bravia has a menu function to allow you to configure the remote to send a PS Button signal with the blue Home button on the remote. You might check your remote devices' manual to see if it has some similar function.

• dunnedunne Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@reflexiv said:
    I just recently found that Bravia has a menu function to allow you to configure the remote to send a PS Button signal with the blue Home button on the remote. You might check your remote devices' manual to see if it has some similar function.

Can I ask how you did this? I've been searching all over and can't find info on how to do this

• RockStarRockStar Posts: 2,053Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yea Samsungs Menu button also lets you navigate back to the PlayStation menu.