If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Issue not picking up distinct "movie" libraries

macprivateermacprivateer Posts: 39Members ✭✭

I have this odd issue with Serenity on the AFTV.

I organize my movie media on the computer running my PMS on two hard drives and from those I have 2 movie libraries within the PMS (one named "Movies" and one for my kids movies called "Kids").  We also have a home video library called "Videos" (yea, I know, real clever of us).

On Serenity's home screen it shows the two fine, one named "Kids" and the other named "Movies".  However if you select one the only movies that show up are within the "Movies" library.  Again if you select "Movies" from the home screen you see all the movies within that library but if you select "Kids" you don't see the movies in that library, but instead see the movies in the "Movies" library.  Same thing for the "Videos" library, select it and only the movie files within the "Movies" library are shown.

For the regular Plex app everything works fine.  You select the "Kids" library and see the movies within "Kids".  And if you select "Videos" you see the video files.

Comments

• macprivateermacprivateer Posts: 39Members ✭✭

I figured it out.  For each new movie library I just needed to select Grid view or Detail view.  Doing that in a new library I guess does a loading of the media within that library.

The odd thing to me, though, is that the TV library loaded fine without doing this.  Only the movie libraries had an issue.

• kingargylekingargyle Posts: 568Members ✭✭
    macprivateer wrote on January 17 2015, 4:10 AM: »

I figured it out.  For each new movie library I just needed to select Grid view or Detail view.  Doing that in a new library I guess does a loading of the media within that library.

The odd thing to me, though, is that the TV library loaded fine without doing this.  Only the movie libraries had an issue.

It should work the same way.  Depending on the number of items you have in your library it can take a while to load all the items.

I'm working on some code changes to speed up the initial loading of a library where there are more than 50 items.

kingargyle wrote on January 21 2015, 5:43 PM: »

It should work the same way.  Depending on the number of items you have in your library it can take a while to load all the items.

I'm working on some code changes to speed up the initial loading of a library where there are more than 50 items.

Also, I suspect it might be re-using the first library that is loaded.  I'll see if I can replicate the issue locally.

• macprivateermacprivateer Posts: 39Members ✭✭
    kingargyle wrote on January 21 2015, 5:45 PM: »

Also, I suspect it might be re-using the first library that is loaded.  I'll see if I can replicate the issue locally.

Since that first time, it never has occurred again, and keep in mind the minute I did the change view (from grid to detail) it loaded everything fine.  And I've added various movies on the two movie libraries since, and they instantly show up correctly. 

Just a side note and THANKS, using Serenity with the MXplayer external player has allowed me to completely ditch the plex player.  It is such a pleasure to have everything work so well.

So many many many thanks.

• GogenzullerGogenzuller Posts: 2Members
    edited February 2015

Hi. I have a PMS with two libraries. One for movies and one for the TV series. When I open a library with movies, serenity closes with an error. No matter what is inside the library. With TVShows libraries there are no problems. I tried Serenity-1.9.2-M1, 1.9.0-M4, 1.9.0-M3 and three different versions of servers. Always the same.

Can you post a copy of your XML file for the library that is closing.

https://github.com/NineWorlds/serenity-android/wiki/Serenity-for-Android#reporting-bugs

I suspect that something is missing thar Serenity is expecting to be there.  We used to get these type of issues early on in the development but haven't seen them in a couple of years.

• GogenzullerGogenzuller Posts: 2Members

Excuse Me. I do not know how, but suddenly it worked.  :blink:

• chiledogchiledog Posts: 6Members

Similar setup (multiple video sources "Movies", "Kids Moves", and "Wife's wacky foreign movies that she wants separated").    Whenever I do a search it only searches the primary "Movies" video source.    Note: searches on the Plex app will search all the video sources.

Do I have something configured wrong?  

BTW, great job on the app.   Lately the Android Plex app seems to be moving in the wrong direction. 

edited February 2015
    chiledog wrote on February 18 2015, 9:46 PM: »

Similar setup (multiple video sources "Movies", "Kids Moves", and "Wife's wacky foreign movies that she wants separated").    Whenever I do a search it only searches the primary "Movies" video source.    Note: searches on the Plex app will search all the video sources.

Do I have something configured wrong?  

BTW, great job on the app.   Lately the Android Plex app seems to be moving in the wrong direction. 

Nope you aren't doing anything wrong.  Currently I only support in app searching on Movies.  I only search the first movie library I find not all.  However, the Android TV app does contribute recommendations for On Deck items from both Movies and TV Shows.    I haven't had time to get back to enhance the in app search so it returns results from TV Shows as well as movies.