If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

"There was a problem signing into Plex"

ljh89ljh89 Posts: 1Members

I have always used Plex in the past on my local network and never needed to access it from the outside world.  I decided to get external access sorted so I could share my server with a couple of family members but I am struggling getting the server to sign in to my plex account.

I can access the server login page from my external IP after setting up port forwarding as shown in the troubleshooting page. All thats left is for me to actually sign in!

Tried using a couple of different accounts and all I get is the error message in the title.  Anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• puthrayaputhraya Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 2015

I have the same issue too. I have forwarded my ports correctly and am able to access the PMS's web interface from an external network.

However, I am unable to sign in at Settings > Server > Connect. I always get a "There was a problem signing into Plex" error. Here what the logs say:

Mar 15, 2015 21:50:43 [0x7f3244ffe700] DEBUG - Request: [::ffff:127.0.0.1:35520] PUT /myplex.tv/web/appaccount?username=puthraya&password=<secret> (11 live) GZIP
    Mar 15, 2015 21:50:43 [0x7f3244ffe700] DEBUG - We found auth token (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx), enabling token-based authentication.
    Mar 15, 2015 21:50:43 [0x7f3244ffe700] DEBUG - Refreshing tokens inside the token-based authentication filter.
    Mar 15, 2015 21:50:43 [0x7f3244ffe700] DEBUG - Completed: [::ffff:127.0.0.1:35520] PUT /myplex.tv/web/appaccount?username=puthraya&password=<secret> (11 live) GZIP 0ms 78 bytes

Any help is much appreciated.

Edit: I am on a Ubuntu machine. However, I don't think this is an OS specific issue. I can repost in the corresponding forum if necessary. 

• RichardAZRichardAZ Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here, Windows 10, happen everytime I go to to the web interface for the Plex Server. Works the second time...