Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Enhanced Media Badges

roidyroidy Members, Plex Pass Posts: 761 Plex Pass
edited February 2015 in PlexConnect (Apple TV 2 & 3)

Latest commit adds enhanced media badges to the Fanart Episode list and all the pre play screens. The following badges are currently included:-

Resolution

• SD
  • 720p
  • 1080p

Container

• MKV
  • MP4
  • AVI

Video Codec

• H264
  • H265
  • XVID

Audio Codec

• AC3
  • AAC
  • DTS
  • MP3

Audio Channels

Please post with any badges you need and I'll add them :)

Comments

• SHOCKWAVESHOCKWAVE Members, Plex Pass Posts: 348 Plex Pass

video codec   XviD

• roidyroidy Members, Plex Pass Posts: 761 Plex Pass

XVID added.

• mitch1001mitch1001 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 53 Plex Pass
    480p and 576p
    mitch1001 wrote on January 27 2015, 12:37 AM: »

480p and 576p

Umm.... the SD badge covers both those resolutions, would people prefer to have separate 480p and 576p badges instead of the general SD badge?  I don't mind either way.

• mitch1001mitch1001 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 53 Plex Pass
    Oh, I didn't realize that SD was covering theses resolutions. SD is fine for me. Sorry about that!

Thinking about it, separate 480p and 576p badges might be better. I've added a poll to the first post, we'll see what the majority of users want.

• wahlman.jwahlman.j Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2,560 Plex Pass
    edited January 2015

Could years be added to tv shows as a badge per season or when the show initially came out, and I noticed that that the badges are cutting off the detail section between details and directors when you have more then 4 badges on tv shows and also on the details section between actors on movies when there is more then 4 badges as well. I hope this helps improve the badges so you can see whats being cut off in the details section of the show/movie when in the pre-play screen. I notice this issue when fanart is on or off for the media badges. I know this isn't a media badge issue but could there be a label for the shared libraries owners server name under the shared library tab for each independent view? Makes it a bit confusing which shared libraries owners server you are viewing when you have 20+ shared libraries.

edited January 2015

I know this isn't a media badge but could there be a label for the shared libraries owners server name under the shared library tab for each independent view?

As you said, not really media badge related. Also these badges are actual image files... not really possible to create one for every name in the world :)

Also could years be added to tv shows as a badge per season or when the show initially came out

Again not really media related.... and I'm not creating a badge for every year possible :)

and I noticed that that the badges are cutting off the detail section between details and directors when you have more then 4 on tv shows and also on the details section between actors on movies when there is more then 4 badges as well. I hope this helps improve the badges so you can see whats being cut off in the details section of the show/movie when selected.

Now this I'm interested in... Is the problem on the ATV2, ATV3 or both... please could you post an image showing the problem, thanks.
    edited January 2015

That makes sense to not use a badge for each season/show year as a badge just was curious. I guess I just don't see why the library tab tells you the owned local/remote server name's but the shared lib tab doesn't and wouldn't be set up as default at the least the same way in the shared tab so you know which server is which easily prior to entering the content per server. But to get back on topic (sorry for going off topic), I will get you some screen shots or a video of the issue I see for the badges for shows/movies with fanart enabled and disabled as the issue seems to be present regardless of pil / pillow being in use or not.

I guess I just don't see why the library tab tells you the owned local/remote server name's but the shared lib tab doesn't and wouldn't be set up as default at the least the same way in the shared tab so you know which server is which easily prior to entering the content per server. But to get back on topic (sorry for going off topic), I will get you some screen shots or a video of the issue I see for the badges for shows/movies with fanart enabled and disabled as the issue seems to be present regardless of pil / pillow being in use or not.

Yep... sorry I misunderstood what you wanted... I thought you wanted media type badges with the server names :) as for the missing labels, I'm not sure why they're missing, shared libraries aren't something I ever use. Might be better off making a new topic and talk to Baa about it. I don't need a video, just a simple image will be fine.
  • drewbiedrewbie Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,121 Plex Pass
    I noticed last night on the preplay screen that the last media badge was cut in half (using standard theme with fanart enabled). I can post a screen print later for the show I saw it on if needed
    edited January 2015
    Yes please, also are you using ATV2 or ATV3 and what screen resolution 720p or 1080p.

I've tested on an ATV 3 with screen resolutions of 1080p, 720p, and 576p and even at 576p all the badges fit on the screen without any being cut off, so this could be an aTV 2 problem.
    edited January 2015

If I had the space on here I would upload images but I have already taken the video and its uploading as we speak for PIL on or off, it would be multiple photos for pil on/off for each independent show/movie option and plex.tv only allows so much upload space and I'm pretty maxed out as is on upload space. I also included the nameless servers in the shared tab so I can forward that to baa also in the same video so I didn't need to upload multiple videos in a attempt to save time. I will PM this video and topic also to him so he can use it as a reference for that as an improvement on the nameless shared servers in the shared tab (if desired of course). aTV3 iOS 6.2 (7.1.2) 1080P.

ATV3 and 1080p (from memory) I'm out with the dog at the park for his morning run at the moment, will check and post when I'm home
    Wahlman.j is this ATV2 or ATV3? Also what firmware version?
    Wahlman's video shows exactly what I am seeing. Also on a not related topic reminds me that your forums link still points to plexapp.com not plex.tv

Can still post a pic etc if you want
    edited January 2015

aTV3 iOS 6.2 (7.1.2)

Model MD199LL/A

1080p HD - 60 HZ

Pm sent to @baa also on the off topic issue/improvement (If desired to be implemented of course). ;)

Umm... looks like Apple give you more room for badges on the latest firmware :(

[attachment=43564:IMAG0084.jpg]

May have to limit the number of badges or go back to the old text method on older firmware's :(

drewbie wrote on January 27 2015, 8:15 PM: »

Wahlman's video shows exactly what I am seeing. Also on a not related topic reminds me that your forums link still points to plexapp.com not plex.tv

Can still post a pic etc if you want

No pic need thanks, but can you post what firmware you're running. Good catch with the link address :)

edited January 2015

Could there just be a cut for iOS 5-7 to only have 4 badges per line? Seems like there is room unless it would still have an issue depending on the size of the badge(s). In that case maybe 3 per line for the lower iOS revisions? Just thinking out loud...