If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

"plex it" bookmarket and IOS

futhwofuthwo Posts: 25Members Plex Pass

I discovered just yesterday the existence of the plex-it bookmarklet, and I think it's just brilliant, but I have a problem: I often surf the web using my iPad, and with it it's impossible to drag the link to the bookmark folder (i tried with both safari and chrome for IOS with no luck). Is there a way to use the bookmarklet on IOS devices?

Comments

• cblevins321cblevins321 Posts: 130Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Do you sync bookmarks with iCloud? If so you should be able to access the "Desktop bookmarks" folder to see the Safari bookmarks from your Mac.

• BNLBNL Posts: 126Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    futhwo wrote on February 3 2015, 10:41 AM: »

I discovered just yesterday the existence of the plex-it bookmarklet, and I think it's just brilliant, but I have a problem: I often surf the web using my iPad, and with it it's impossible to drag the link to the bookmark folder (i tried with both safari and chrome for IOS with no luck). Is there a way to use the bookmarklet on IOS devices?

Also, if you copy a link to a video in iOS, and then open the Plex app, it will ask you if you want to queue the link that you have copied into the watch later queue.

Brett

"Nothing simple is every easy"

PlexPass PMS: 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor Mac mini (Late 2009) | 4GB | 256 GB SSD with 500 GB HD Data Extender | 2 Firewire 800 2 TB HD's | 1 Firewire 800 2 TB Time Machine HD | Plex Cloud Beta | Apple TV4, Amazon Fire TV 2/Amazon Fire TV Stick 2

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 16,168Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

I do not know about IOS, but on Android, you can also share a video with the Pex App and it adds to the Watch Later.

• neily135neily135 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass

There is an extension for safari that does essentially the same as the "Plexit!" button. It is named Myplex safari extension and can be dowloaded @ https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/31554/myplex-safari-extension.

• freediverxfreediverx Posts: 104Members Plex Pass
    edited December 2016

None of these suggestions are helpful on iOS devices. Bookmarklets don't work on iOS. And it's absurd to copy a link to a video only to paste it into the Plex app on the same device. The whole point of this is to WATCH LATER, typically on a different device, like an Apple TV. For that, we need a Plex It Safari extension (desktop) and an iOS extension as well.

• Jay.TJay.T Posts: 105Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@freediverx said:
    None of these suggestions are helpful on iOS devices. Bookmarklets don't work on iOS. And it's absurd to copy a link to a video only to paste it into the Plex app on the same device. The whole point of this is to WATCH LATER, typically on a different device, like an Apple TV. For that, we need a Plex It Safari extension (desktop) and an iOS extension as well.

Totally agree. Is this going to happen?

Plex Server running on:  Mac Mini (2.5GHz Intel Core i5) 8GB Ram, 256GB SSD  Samsung 55inch LED TV UA55ES7100  Bose Cinemate 130 Soundbar  Plex Clients: Sony PS4, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, TV4,  ASUS RT-AC68U  15-inch Macbook Pro Retina (Late 2013) 2.3GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram, 512GB SSD. Using an HDHomerun Connect for Plex DVR/Live TV

• deecypherdeecypher Posts: 21Members ✭✭

Guys this totally works. As Blevins above mentioned, you can very easily accomplish this:
    1. Turn on iCloud sync for Safari
    2. On your computer, go to your Plex Media Server and select 'Open Plex...'
    3. On the left hand column, select 'Watch Later'.
    4. Click the '?' icon beside the title Watch Later
    3. Drag the bookmarklet to the bookmarks bar.
    4. Give iCloud a minute or two to synchronize your bookmarks.
    5. Open your iOS device, go to Safari and check out your bookmarks. You should now see a 'Plex It!' bookmark.
    6. As you would on your computer, when you see a video you want to save for later, all you have to do is select this bookmarklet and it should work.

Kinda noob-ish...

Server: PMS OS X 10.11.1 on a Mac Mini 2GHz i7 16GB RAM
    Client: PHT same machine as PMS
  • dickfitzwelldickfitzwell Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited June 15

and if we don't use our icloud account on a desktop then nothing?

I tried to copy and paste the javascript into a bookmark on iOS but stupid Safari does not allow us to edit the address.