If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Automatically sync all files

Is there a way to automatically sync all (movie) files (with cloud sync/sync to device)?

I keep my Plex playlists up to date with things I want to watch and would like to skip the actions of clicking sync two times per file to get it on my phone and cloud. (both having lots of space)

Situation: add new file to Plex library --> automatically adding it to cloud and mobile device (without clicking)

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance guys

Cheers

Tagged:

Comments

• sam cmsam cm Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Sorry for the relatively small gravedig but did you ever get this going? 

• ToffsToffs Posts: 96Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

• royvandammeroyvandamme Posts: 3Members

I did achieve a similar solution.

I have 2 playlists: Movies and Series

What is did was made 2 more named: SYNC Movies and SYNC Series.

I synced these entire 2 playlists for cloud and device sync.

On my computer I also have 2 folders: Movies and Series, in both of them I made a variant with SYNC (SYNC Movies/ SYNC Series).

So I can throw the files i want to have synced in these folders and they will auto sync.

Ofcourse you can also choose to sync your entire playlists.

I gave up on the sync because it takes very long to process and sync, but that ofcourse is a personal decision.

I hope this helps. 

Cheers

• gerardopedraza@gmail.comgerardopedraza@gmail.com Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I would like all my libraries synced all the time. I don't want to have to select what get synced. SYNC ALL and that's it.

• analogiqueanalogique Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here. It would be nice to select an option sync all or select what to sync.
    Cloud Sync is useless to me... The idea is 1/backup my librairy and 2/access it anywhere with better access than through my local network and internet upload link.