If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

I have PMS running on Raspberry PI 2!

Comments

• jeroentraajeroentraa Posts: 2Members
    edited February 2015

I'm trying to install this on the latest xbian.img. It all goes smooth untill i try to launch the plex server. I get this response.

(wheezyArmel)root@xbian:/# plexmediaserver &
    [1] 2367
    ): No such file or directoryusr/local/bin/plexmediaserver: line 1: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (C
    )usr/local/bin/plexmediaserver: line 7: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (C
    : invalid numberlexmediaserver: line 10: ulimit: 3000
    : No such file or directoryver: line 11: cd: /opt/plex/Application
    : No such file or directoryver: line 12: /opt/plex/Application/Plex Media Server

My plexserver file looks like this.

LC_ALL="C"
    #!/bin/sh
    SCRIPTPATH=/opt/plex/Application
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${SCRIPTPATH}"
    export PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_HOME="${SCRIPTPATH}"
    export PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_MAX_PLUGIN_PROCS=6
    export LC_ALL="C"
    export LANG="C"
    export PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR="/opt/plex/Library/Application Support"
    ulimit -s 3000
    cd $PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_HOME
    /opt/plex/Application/Plex\ Media\ Server

Plz Help

• jonathanmcalroyjonathanmcalroy Posts: 95Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    gaffamad wrote on February 19 2015, 8:48 PM: »

Hi Jon

Did you include mkvtoolnix and ffmpeg package in the Minibian image?

Sofar I can play everything I throw at it when I use my Samsung TV as client, which is my main use of plex. But when trying HD movies with my iPad or iPhone as plex client they can't play it without constantly stopping and buffering. Could be cool to have the same possibilities on my i-devices.

I didn't, I made it as vanilla as possible.  I'm able to watch HD media without those plugins on portable devices.  I would try experimenting with the Quality settings in your agent.

jeroentraa wrote on February 19 2015, 10:06 PM: »

My plexserver file looks like this.

LC_ALL="C"
    #!/bin/sh
    SCRIPTPATH=/opt/plex/Application
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${SCRIPTPATH}"
    export PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_HOME="${SCRIPTPATH}"
    export PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_MAX_PLUGIN_PROCS=6
    export LC_ALL="C"
    export LANG="C"
    export PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR="/opt/plex/Library/Application Support"
    ulimit -s 3000
    cd $PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_HOME
    /opt/plex/Application/Plex\ Media\ Server

Plz Help

jeroentraa try removing the first line.  The first line needs to be the HashBang (#!) line.  The LC_ALL="C" is already in the file.

regards

Jon

• CebionCebion Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass ✭✭

Ok thanks to you guys my PMS is running now.

But I do have one huge problem the server doesn't download covers and movieinfos.

It uses self-created / found covers.

When searching in fix incorrect match no match is found.

Very strange i have no idea why it doesn't find anything.

• cesarcesar Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Cebion wrote on February 21 2015, 9:40 PM: »

Ok thanks to you guys my PMS is running now.
    But I do have one huge problem the server doesn't download covers and movieinfos.
    It uses self-created / found covers.

When searching in fix incorrect match no match is found.
    Very strange i have no idea why it doesn't find anything.

Edit /chroots/wheezy-armel/etc/resolv.conf with correct name servers to fix that

I had same issue and this fix the problem.
    cesar wrote on February 21 2015, 10:07 PM: »

Edit /chroots/wheezy-armel/etc/resolv.conf with correct name servers to fix that

I had same issue and this fix the problem.

After hours of googling that was also my way to go.

I checked all Ip settings then I thought wait a minute doesn't have chroot it's own settings?

And there I found that wrong nameserver.

Came back to post my findings and there you have already posted it!

Thanks a lot =)

• jeroentraajeroentraa Posts: 2Members

I edited the pms file with notepad++ and got the 

/bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

error. Fixed it with dos2unix. FYI =)

• alveoxalveox Posts: 65Members ✭✭

hi 

jonathanmcalroy

and other member..

its been a while since i post on this thread..

After reading this thread, i think i will start to build rpi2 for plex server... im ordering rpi2 today and i will download the image you build..

btw when all is done, is it headless (only some command shown on monitor) or it have a gui in it (raspbian desktop or something like that)?

• mclogmclog Posts: 23Members ✭✭
    gaffamad wrote on February 17 2015, 9:42 PM: »

Could you explain how you resolve this LC_ALL="C" issue... I have it but can't see the solution for it.

If anyone could make a image file with an OS and PMS so noobs like me wouldn't ask stupid questions  

Sorry man, I just noticed the post.  You have to modify the plexlauncher, so:

sudo vi /usr/local/bin/plexmediaserver

or instead of vi you can use nano

sudo nano /usr/local/bin/plexmediaserver

Change the line:

export LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8"

to:

export LC_ALL="C"

Hope that helps.

alveox wrote on February 23 2015, 8:47 AM: »

hi 

jonathanmcalroy

and other member..

its been a while since i post on this thread..

After reading this thread, i think i will start to build rpi2 for plex server... im ordering rpi2 today and i will download the image you build..

btw when all is done, is it headless (only some command shown on monitor) or it have a gui in it (raspbian desktop or something like that)?

Hi, yes if you use the guide you can go headless as soon as you boot up.  Check your router for the IP address or hostname of your raspberry pi and use putty (or similar) to ssh to the device.

If you use the image I posted on Page 6 of the thread you need to use a keyboard and screen to fix the network.  delete the entry in '/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules' and put in your DNS servers into /chroots/wheezy-armel/etc/resolv.conf

After that you can go headless.

regards

• sirdezzysirdezzy Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm using the image you posted on on page 6 and Plex is now running but I'm having difficulties adding my movie folder that is hosted on a WD Mycloud NAS. Is there anything else that is needed to be installed so this can be seen by the Plex server?

Thanks.

sirdezzy wrote on February 24 2015, 11:22 AM: »

I'm using the image you posted on on page 6 and Plex is now running but I'm having difficulties adding my movie folder that is hosted on a WD Mycloud NAS. Is there anything else that is needed to be installed so this can be seen by the Plex server?

Thanks.

Have you mounted your drive as described on page 6?

If you can see the media in the chroot/wheezy.../media/ folders then you can access it.

You won't have a dropdown menu in the plex gui to add the folder instead you have to input the correct folder path

Example:

/media/Shows/

/media/Movies/

Don't forget linux is case sensitive and the folder has to exist so dont forget to create them.

jonathanmcalroy wrote on February 23 2015, 4:16 PM: »

Hi, yes if you use the guide you can go headless as soon as you boot up.  Check your router for the IP address or hostname of your raspberry pi and use putty (or similar) to ssh to the device.

If you use the image I posted on Page 6 of the thread you need to use a keyboard and screen to fix the network.  delete the entry in '/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules' and put in your DNS servers into /chroots/wheezy-armel/etc/resolv.conf

After that you can go headless.

regards

thanks for the image and your guide, my rpi2 is running pms flawlessly right know.

im installing lxde to make thing easier, but after im done with samba server and torrent downloader i will run it from console..

btw can you recommend a remote desktop application for rpi2? i wish teamviewer can be installed on rpi2.. :D

• samcayfordsamcayford Posts: 10Members Plex Pass
    alveox wrote on February 24 2015, 3:03 PM: »

thanks for the image and your guide, my rpi2 is running pms flawlessly right know.

im installing lxde to make thing easier, but after im done with samba server and torrent downloader i will run it from console..

btw can you recommend a remote desktop application for rpi2? i wish teamviewer can be installed on rpi2.. :D

VNC?

• WilhelmStrokerWilhelmStroker Posts: 1,625Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Cebion wrote on February 24 2015, 12:14 PM: »

Have you mounted your drive as described on page 6?
    If you can see the media in the chroot/wheezy.../media/ folders then you can access it.
    You won't have a dropdown menu in the plex gui to add the folder instead you have to input the correct folder path

Example:

/media/Shows/
    /media/Movies/

Don't forget linux is case sensitive and the folder has to exist so dont forget to create them.

Yeah, I've tried but not having much success. Ive added this to /etc/fstab

//192.168.0.12/Movies /chroots/wheezy-armel/media/MyCloud none bind 0 0

I have created the folder /chroots/wheezy-armel/media/MyCloud but when I add the share from the web browser, it shows no files.
    sirdezzy wrote on February 24 2015, 10:53 PM: »

I have created the folder /chroots/wheezy-armel/media/MyCloud but when I add the share from the web browser, it shows no files.

maybe you should add id and pass for that nas

sirdezzy wrote on February 24 2015, 10:53 PM: »

In your Plex Web GUI you would only add /media/MyCloud.

jonathanmcalroy wrote on February 25 2015, 7:25 AM: »

In your Plex Web GUI you would only add /media/MyCloud.

When trying to mount the share manually i get the following error;
    root@raspberrypi:/chroots/wheezy-armel/media/MyCloud# mount -t cifs -o credentials=/smb-credentials,dir_mode=0755,file_mode=0644,rw,soft //192.168.0.12/Movies /chroots/wheezy-armel/media/MyCloud
    mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on //192.168.0.12/Movies,
    missing codepage or helper program, or other error
    (for several filesystems (e.g. nfs, cifs) you might
    need a /sbin/mount.<type> helper program)
    In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
    dmesg | tail or so

I must have something wrong on the NAS itself. Ill keep searching.
    Installing cifs-utils has resolved this. The share is now mounted in Plex. Thanks.