If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

I have PMS running on Raspberry PI 2!

1808182838486»

Comments

• Plex'asPlex'as Posts: 3Members

Hello,

I am new in this forum and i have error with plex...

"/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Tuner Service: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Ubuntu 16.04. Odroid C2.

• uglymagoouglymagoo Posts: 645Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 2017

@Plex'as said:
    Hello,

"/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Tuner Service: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

What are you trying to do? Start the Plex server? On Debian and Ubuntu you do not call the executables but tell systemd to start the service for you:

# start plex
    sudo systemctl start plexmediaserver

# check the status of plex
    sudo systemctl status plexmediaserver

Then, follow the Plex web [1] guide to complete the installation.

[1[ https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200288666-Opening-Plex-Web-App

PMS on the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 / Banana Pi / ODROID / many more : Debian repository for armhf and arm64
    My PMS hardware: RPi 2, NVIDIA Shield TV, Intel Xeon
    My Plex DVR setup: tvheadend, tvhProxy on RPi 2 with Hauppauge WinTV-DualHD; Plex DVR on Shield TV for recordings and Tvheadend Live Channel for live TV

@uglymagoo said:

@Plex'as said:
    Hello,

What are you trying to do? Start the Plex server? On Debian and Ubuntu you do not call the executables but tell systemd to start the service for you:

# start plex
    sudo systemctl start plexmediaserver

# check the status of plex
    sudo systemctl status plexmediaserver

Then, follow the Plex web [1] guide to complete the installation.

[1[ https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200288666-Opening-Plex-Web-App

I starting plex and have this error. But everythings working.

● plexmediaserver.service - Plex Media Server for Linux
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: active (running) since Sat 2017-12-16 19:40:03 EET; 1min 43s ago
    Process: 28723 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c /usr/bin/test -d "${PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR}" || /bin/mkdir -p "${PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR}"
    Main PID: 28727 (sh)
    CGroup: /system.slice/plexmediaserver.service
    ├─28727 /bin/sh -c LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/plexmediaserver "/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Media Server"
    ├─28728 /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Media Server
    ├─28743 Plex Plug-in [com.plexapp.system] /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-f54242b6b/Framework.bundle/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/bootstr
    ├─28818 /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex DLNA Server
    └─28851 Plex Plug-in [com.plexapp.agents.imdb] /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-f54242b6b/Framework.bundle/Contents/Resources/Versions/2/Python/bo

Dec 16 19:40:03 odroid64 systemd[1]: Starting Plex Media Server for Linux...
    Dec 16 19:40:03 odroid64 systemd[1]: Started Plex Media Server for Linux.
    Dec 16 19:40:15 odroid64 sh[28727]: /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Tuner Service: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: N
    Dec 16 19:40:15 odroid64 sh[28727]: /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Tuner Service: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: N
    lines 1-17/17 (END)

@Plex'as said:
    lines 1-17/

Plesse install the package "libstdc++6" and restart the service.

PMS on the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 / Banana Pi / ODROID / many more : Debian repository for armhf and arm64
    My Plex DVR setup: tvheadend, tvhProxy on RPi 2 with Hauppauge WinTV-DualHD; Plex DVR on Shield TV for recordings and Tvheadend Live Channel for live TV

@uglymagoo said:

@Plex'as said:
    lines 1-17/

libstdc++6 is already the newest version (5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.5).

@Plex'as said:

@uglymagoo said:

@Plex'as said:
    lines 1-17/

libstdc++6 is already the newest version (5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.5).

OK. I have to take a closer look. It appears Plex Tuner Service is not looking at the default location for this library. ATM the error only means the DVR feature is not available to you.

• kghanrakghanra Posts: 3Members

I'm new to this forum, and new to the Raspberry Pi. I have a Raspberry Pi 3 running Ubuntu MATE (pi version). I installed Plex from dev2day and it works great except, when I tried to add my episodes of MASH, Plex doesn't list them. If I go to folder view, I can see the folder, and the season folders, but Plex says there are no episodes in the folders, which isn't true. They are m4v files. I've tried renaming the folder to MASH, M.A.S.H, M-A-S-H, M_A_S_H, and M A S H. Nothing works. Now, if I copy the series folder over to my old server (re-purposed Toshiba Laptop running Ubuntu 16.0.4) running "normal" Plex, the series shows and all the episodes as well. (On the old server the folder is MASH). Can anyone give me some advice/assistance with this? If not, I'll have to ditch the whole Raspberry Pi Plex thing.

Thanks!

@kghanra said:
    I'm new to this forum, and new to the Raspberry Pi. I have a Raspberry Pi 3 running Ubuntu MATE (pi version). I installed Plex from dev2day and it works great except, when I tried to add my episodes of MAS*H, Plex doesn't list them. If I go to folder view, I can see the folder, and the season folders, but Plex says there are no episodes in the folders, which isn't true.

Most likely a file permissions problem. Please make sure user "plex" has read access to your MASH season directories and to the contained files. Take a look at the official Plex Linux permissions guide [1] if you do not know what I am talking about.

[1] https://support.plex.tv/articles/200288596-linux-permissions-guide/

@uglymagoo said:

@kghanra said:
    I'm new to this forum, and new to the Raspberry Pi. I have a Raspberry Pi 3 running Ubuntu MATE (pi version). I installed Plex from dev2day and it works great except, when I tried to add my episodes of MAS*H, Plex doesn't list them. If I go to folder view, I can see the folder, and the season folders, but Plex says there are no episodes in the folders, which isn't true.

Most likely a file permissions problem. Please make sure user "plex" has read access to your MASH season directories and to the contained files. Take a look at the official Plex Linux permissions guide [1] if you do not know what I am talking about.

Thanks for your reply. I did check the permissions. So, first, when I set up the PMS I changed the user to myself, e.g. titan (I'm using a fake user for this post). When I check the permissions using ls -al, I see that the user titan has drwxrwxr-x titan as the permission. I've even gone so far as to add titan to plex and plex to titan just in case. Still same result. I can see the MASH folder in Plex when looking at folders, but there are no video files in it when in reality they are. All my other TV Shows show up fine on the pi, just having this trouble with MASH. Any other thoughts?

@kghanra said:

@uglymagoo said:

@kghanra said:

Thanks for your reply. I did check the permissions. So, first, when I set up the PMS I changed the user to myself, e.g. titan (I'm using a fake user for this post). When I check the permissions using ls -al, I see that the user titan has drwxrwxr-x titan as the permission. I've even gone so far as to add titan to plex and plex to titan just in case. Still same result. I can see the MASH folder in Plex when looking at folders, but there are no video files in it when in reality they are. All my other TV Shows show up fine on the pi, just having this trouble with MASH. Any other thoughts?

I take that back. When I looked at the actual file, the group didn't have permission to read, so I've change it and now it is looking up.

THANKS!!!

• kianrafieekianrafiee Posts: 111Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 19

There seems to be a plex server update, is it going to be pushed to dev2day repo? I'm not trying to push it, but I just wanted to know if its automatically pushed to the repo or if it takes time to get manually added. If it does take time, how long does it usually take to get the latest updates? Thanks

EDIT: Is there a way to manually install it ourselves? I was wondering if we can get Plex Pass Beta server updates to manually install ourself since I dont think the repo will ever have betas. Not saying Im upset, I am grateful for the support, just wondering.

• kianrafieekianrafiee Posts: 111Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Anyone know why I get this after apt-get update on raspberry pi?:
    N: Ignoring file 'pms.listecho' in directory '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension

I tried adding the repo again and now I get this after apt-get update:
    N: Ignoring file 'pms.listecho' in directory '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension
    W: Target Packages (main/binary-armhf/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pms.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pms.list:2

Anyone know how I can dig myself out of this?

• DMackGDMackG Posts: 262Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@kianrafiee said:
    There seems to be a plex server update, is it going to be pushed to dev2day repo? I'm not trying to push it, but I just wanted to know if its automatically pushed to the repo or if it takes time to get manually added. If it does take time, how long does it usually take to get the latest updates? Thanks

EDIT: Is there a way to manually install it ourselves? I was wondering if we can get Plex Pass Beta server updates to manually install ourself since I dont think the repo will ever have betas. Not saying Im upset, I am grateful for the support, just wondering.

Beta (Plex Pass) can be found here: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1596367#Comment_1596367

edited January 19

@kianrafiee said:
    Anyone know why I get this after apt-get update on raspberry pi?:

The notification tells you what's wrong: the filename extension. The correct filename is pms.list. But as you obviously also have the pms.list file in the same directory just delete pms.listecho.

I tried adding the repo again and now I get this after apt-get update:
    W: Target Packages (main/binary-armhf/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pms.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pms.list:2

The warning tells you what's wrong. Edit pms.list and remove the second repo entry.

• nekton1nekton1 Posts: 235Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any idea when the next update will be pushed to dev2day repo? It's been 7 weeks since the last one on 14 December.

• ChuckPAChuckPA Posts: 20,058Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

@nekton1 said:
    Any idea when the next update will be pushed to dev2day repo? It's been 7 weeks since the last one on 14 December.

UglyMagoo does it in his free time. Kindly cut him some slack?

Please DISABLE Verbose logging until requested

Please search before posting

Primary support forums: Linux, Synology, and QNAP

Please remember to report back. This benefits others.

Useful links

Installation and Basic Setup |  Media Preparation (How to name your media files)  |  Linux Permissions 

Handling TV Specials | Handling Movie extras  |  Nas Compatibility List

Reporting Plex Server issues | Plex Media Server FAQ | Linux Tips

Other useful guides: Local Subtitles | The Plex "dance" | Synology FAQ | PMS Release Announcements

Hosts: Fedora, QNAP, Synology, most Linux distros in VM

No technical support via PM unless offered

Please remember to mark the appropriate answer(s) which solved your issue.

edited February 3

@nekton1 said:

There just hasn't been a public (stable) PMS release in 7 weeks (xmas ;) ) I do not push the beta releases to my repo, only the stable versions. That's why there is "only" 1.10.1.4602 on the server.

if you want to try a beta visit my beta thread [1].

[1] https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/221444/unofficial-armhf-arm64-multiarch-debian-package-e-g-rpi-2-3-bpi-odroid